Why the american people are so obsessed with foreskin?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
An uncut foreskin inhibits full-growth potential, but I guess that having added sensitivity is kind of neat.
I know your post isn't ill intentioned, but can you imagine saying something like that about any other body part? I don't understand why people think there are actually pros to removing normal healthy body parts. Like have your ears removed so your brain can grow bigger.

I know we've all hear weird things about foreskin, but does it make any real sense? Question everything you ever heard about the normal male anatomy, just like you would if someone told you you need your gall bladder removed today because it may have to be removed at a later date. Or like you have to peel baby kittens' eyes open or they'll get infected or not develop.

isyoucrazy2009

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The reason Americans are obsessed with it is because in todays day and time most children are circumcised and seeing a circumcised penis is becoming rare. So, because it's rare when we have the opportunity to see one we gaze in amazement at the way the skin rolls back and forth and imagine what it would be like if you had a foreskin (give the fact that your circumcised)

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
I'm an uncut guy, and i've been keeping my foreskin back throughout the day. Having it exposed actually makes me more sensitive to the friction from stroking, and makes my orgasms much better.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
"Mind your own cock I say."

There is where the problem lies. At a time in the not so distant past (less than 50), it was common for Doctors to just take a newborn boy and circumcise him without the parents' consent. It was not required. Why did they do it? There were no actual studies as to what benefits circumcision might have. It was easy money. Many a boy went in to have his tonsils out and came home without his tonsils and his foreskin (circ'd without parental consent). Why? "It needed doing."

Then in the 1960s it was decided that ALL surgical procedures had to have a consent form. By that time enough circumcisions had been done that people just had their sons done. The problem there is that the Consent Form for the surgery was and is signed by someone besides the patient. A newborn can not give his consent.

SO, the vast majority of males in the USA have been told what kind of dick they are going to live with. The choice was not theirs. I HAVE that choice. The option to be circumcised is open to me. That is something that is not appropriate for me though. A neonatally circumcised male was not given the option to have a say so in the type of penis he would have.

Circumcised cleaner? No. The same glands that produce smegma are still present in the circumcised penis. A circumised penis still has to be washed. It does not take me any long to wash my dick than it would a circumcised one. I do know some guys who think that because they are circumcised they don't have to wash their dicks.

Circumcised odor free? No. They just have lost many of their pheremone producing glands.

Circumcised healthier? In some ways yes, some ways no. It has been proven by more than one study that foreskin does not make a male more succeptable to HIV. (Yes, there are several studies that say the opposite. But these were proven to be flawed and biased) We are equal in that respect. Uncircumcised males are more succeptable to HPV. Circumcised males are more succeptable to Chlamydia. The other stds are pretty equal. True there is a slight leaning toward uncircumcised men but the difference is slight. Not enough to warrent surgery.
Circumcised men still get herpes, syphillis, HIV, warts, cancer, etc.

Circumcised prettier? Amputations are not pretty.

Circumcised sexier? Circumcised men have less sensitivity AND less staying power. They are also more inclined to impotency.

SO, If you were circumcised as a baby, it was done without your permission for very vague reasons and little medical indications or benefits, no sexual benefits.

I am very glad that I have my foreskin. I have never been turned down for sex because of it. I have never been told that it was ugly or dirty. I have never been refused a blowjob because of it either. I HAVE been turned down for sex because my dick is too big. I have been told my dick is beautiful by many women. I have been told that it is beautiful by several men that I percieved as straight. I have never been turned down for a blowjob because of the size. All have given it an effort but all have given up because their jaws just got too tired and I have told them to quit because I don't like my dick getting scraped by teeth.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Many Americans who are obsessed with foreskin are obsessed with: removing it, glorifying those who have had it removed, or advocate removing it from those who cannot give their consent. Isn't that twisted?

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am an American. I am so obsessed with foreskins. You have somehow figured this out. Amazing you are!

D

deleted15807

Life would be so much better if I could wrap my entire body in foreskin. Not skin mind you foreskin. That would be true happiness.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Circumcised cleaner? No. The same glands that produce smegma are still present in the circumcised penis. A circumised penis still has to be washed. It does not take me any long to wash my dick than it would a circumcised one. I do know some guys who think that because they are circumcised they don't have to wash their dicks.

Circumcised odor free? No. They just have lost many of their pheremone producing glands.
Hi Southernboy. Thanks for your informative posts and personal experience. I have to challenge you on one thing:

According to Ken McGrath in his paper The Frenular Delta, there are no glands per se in the inner foreskin. (It's a misunderstanding from a book published in 1699 entitled The Anatomy of a Pygmie Compared with that of a Monkey, an Ape, and a Man. See the reference page in the link below.)
According to McGrath and his colleagues Cold and Taylor, "smegma" is body moisture and dead cells. The body moisture is "a proteinaceous fluid; Taylor and I believe this fluid to be a transudate — extracellular fluid that leaks out from between cells that have no tight junctions."

You can read the whole paper here:

The Frenular Delta ~ A New Preputial Structure

Yours, Jerry

D

deleted15807

Self-hatred, self-loathing, also sometimes autophobia refers to an extreme dislike of oneself, or being angry at oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group to which one belongs.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Self-hatred, self-loathing, also sometimes autophobia refers to an extreme dislike of oneself, or being angry at oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group to which one belongs.

This, combined with what psychologists refer to as "projecting" = the circumcision argument, as well as the Religion argument, the Political argument etc etc.

kudo451

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Personally I am happy that I am circumcised. But I appreciate guys who are not. I find circumcised and non-circumcised cocks sexy. I feel bad for those who didn't have a choice who wanted one but not everyone regrets the decisions of their parents.

Truth be told Americans started circumcision in mass in the middle of the last century not just for religious reasons but because health studies out at the time showed that increasing circumcision among the male population reduced significantly the amount of cervical cancer among women in the population.

Its still fairly popular today in America for some of the same reasons, though religion and parental preference do play a large role. Yet the trend is moving the other direction given the growing diversity of the overall American population.
Circumcision seems a bit extreme these days when just teaching boys how to keep themselves clean over there life time is just as effective. But it does seem to me that this is a snitches issue: A mute point based on the observations of others (read your Dr. Suess).
I like who I am even if I am circumcised. Those who have and those who have not think they can speak for everyone and they can't. But cheers to everyone's opinion.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Truth be told Americans started circumcision in mass in the middle of the last century not just for religious reasons but because health studies out at the time showed that increasing circumcision among the male population reduced significantly the amount of cervical cancer among women in the population.
The "cervical cancer" farce was introduced a good bit later and then later discredited

The reason "medical" infant circumcision was started was to prevent youth masturbation. Years later when they realized it wasn't working they had to contrive new justifications. None have withstood the test of time. The search continues to this day.

D

deleted15807

Cut or Uncut, doesnt matter to me.If I like the guy I like him,not a lil bit of skin that may or may not be there.

That is the bottom line. It's the connection with another human being that makes it fulfilling not the foreskin or lack of it.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think if a guy i was with were so terribly depressed about the lack of foreskin, i would internalize this and be bothered by it everytime we had sex by thinking he isnt enjoying me and feels he is still missing out very much sexually no matter how hard i try to please him. Ultimately, i guess i'd feel like so many men do about their wives.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Had an amusing lunch yesterday with an old friend who is a professional midwife. Her opinion on circumcision is if a male child is born in a US hospital, it's just an opportunity for the attending physician to pocket extra money. She specializes in home births, although she is on staff at a US hospital in Nevada. She NEVER recommends her clients have their baby boys circumcised, unless they have a religious motivation to do so.

Summary: It's all about money.