Why the hell?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Put a comment that it is animal cruelty and then report (flag) the video. I reported a video that had part of a show, with a website listed that said it had the rest of the show, but when you go to it, it tried to load spyware on your machine. I then got a thank you email from Youtube for reporting it.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
no you have not seen true cruelty, there are vids of baby mice bein fed live to snakes.. poor little fellas :(

Snakes will only eat live animals, so that is not offensive to me, I just would choose not to watch it.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I understand the circle of life but the maker of this video was just cruel. And I hate mice!

And really back to rex's question, why does youtube allow this? They should not at all.

Because that it what snakes like to eat. Do you want them to be fed baby birds instead?

Snakes will eat dead food if they're trained to. Some snakes will never adapt to eating dead, but most will. We did this in the zoo I worked at. It's much safer for the snakes as mice and rats can bite snakes causing them a lot of damage. You basically defrost the frozen mice in hot water, raising them to body temperature and then wiggle them in front of the snake using a grasper or a thermally insulated and armored glove. The snake doesn't know any better and so zooms in for the kill. The few that don't adapt to this process are fed live rats or mice under constant supervision as an unhungry snake will let a rat or mouse run around for hours, possibly biting or gnawing the snake in the process. Very small snakes are fine with worms, very large snakes are fine with a few small rats.

And yes, we also fed them chicken chicks though none live.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Owning a cat is definitely not for the squeamish.

It doesn't matter how domesticated you think yours may be...they're killers, and damned efficient ones. And they love to leave their trophies on display, usually right outside your door.

Owning a cat is definitely not for the squeamish.

It doesn't matter how domesticated you think yours may be...they're killers, and damned efficient ones. And they love to leave their trophies on display, usually right outside your door.

My cat did that. He'd bring home something, drop it on the doorstep, then meow very loudly until someone came and then he'd proudly start chomping on the head of his victim. He once came home with a rabbit bigger than he was!