Why the size difference???

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We interrupt this Meet and Greet
for a rhetorical question....one that occured to me
while looking at some different penis pics in the LPSG gallery.

(bear with me here, this has no real answer...)

Why did nature (or the universe or the higher power or the God or the whatever it is you believe) create such a discrepency of penis sizes....even among the same ethnic origins....even within the same family?

I could sort of understand if someone did a study that found out that in certain parts of the world, the penis NEEDED to be longer.....or fatter.....but..haaaaaa.....that just doesnt add up.
Since we have no scientific reason...then....
"WHY??"
Yes, i know....
i've asked one of those questions like
"Why do men have nipples,really?"....

it is mighty curious.

AnonyMs: Maybe for the same reason breasts were made different sizes or people were made different heights or have different skin tones.....

7x6andchg: Variete c'est l'epice de la vie!

Variety is the spice of life! That's why.

gigantikok: [quote author=txqis link=board=meetgreet;num=1063847913;start=0#0 date=09/17/03 at 18:09:32]"Why do men have nipples,really?"....
[/quote]
I can definately answer this one (for anyone else that might be curious too). In the womb, during the beginning of our development, we start off as simply an X. The addition of the second X or the Y determines what sex we become. A person with a single X would pretty much grow to become a female with no reproductive abilities. So, the reason men have nipples is because every human being starts their development process as a female...

Pretty interesting stuff. And it explains the useless male nipples.

In regards to your question, I am as unclear as you are as to why there is a size difference. It's like trying to explain why noses come in different sizes, why eyes come in different colors, why human faces differ and don't all look the same, why people have different height, etc. It's just the way nature works.

Tender: ah honey, why did god even make men at all?
She didnt HAVE to?! :D

i think she just did it because she obviously doesnt NEED any man. and thought it would be a blast to watch most of them begging with that discrepency sticking out, looks *cute* i think... while their wives say,,, oh honeeeeey im not in the moooood tonight....
ya know?! poor guy.... :-/

ya know im just funnin ya!.... ;)

yes i want to know why also.
it does seem stange.
but when you think about it a man could be anwhere from 5 - 7 feet tall so penis size could greatly vary as well. just as the other poster mentioned skin color, hair or eyes or why are some guys bald, when others have hair to spare??
i think spice summed it up very nicely. everyone is made unique.

gigantikok: [quote author=Tender link=board=meetgreet;num=1063847913;start=0#5 date=09/17/03 at 19:17:18]but when you think about it a man could be anwhere from 5 - 7 feet tall so penis size could greatly vary as well. [/quote]
Don't forget, many men are even shorter than 5 feet...
[quote author=Tender link=board=meetgreet;num=1063847913;start=0#5 date=09/17/03 at 19:17:18] or why are some guys bald, when others have hair to spare?? [/quote]
Overabundant testasterone causes hair loss in later years...

Tender: hmmm. what if hes not in his later years?
what does that mean?
my guy was half bald when we married, he was 24.
???

H8Monga: Variety? Well... what use is this variety? For some to be favored over others (either direction)? I can see how life would be boring if everyone were the same race, if everyone looked the same, if everyone thought to same, everyone had the same likes/dislikes... etc... BUT if everyone had the exact same penis or breasts vagina whatever... would that be so bad?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Hapi Papi link=board=meetgreet;num=1063847913;start=0#8 date=09/17/03 at 21:12:44]Variety?  Well... what use is this variety?[/quote]

Why does there have to be a use? All variations of anatomy don't have to serve a particular purpose.

BUT if everyone had the exact same penis or breasts vagina whatever... would that be so bad?

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but uniformity of body parts serves no greater purpose than diversity. Frankly, I'm just as happy that everyone's penes don't look alike. I think second guessing God is generally not a good idea; He probably has His reasons! ;)

AnonyMs: One might also question, "Why aren't all flowers alike, or all trees, or all beetles even?"

From my theological perspective, it all points back to the most creative Mind in the universe who loves being creative because it is fun.

wvalady1968: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=meetgreet;num=1063847913;start=0#10 date=09/18/03 at 04:38:19]
From my theological perspective, it all points back to the most creative Mind in the universe who loves being creative because it is fun.
[/quote]

And, to borrow from Tender, "She" DID invent sex! Talk about fun!

::)

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm still loving these answers...
yeah it is all a mystery...
"it takes all kinds of people to make up a world"...
and all kinds of penises,
and heights,
and eye colors....and all kinds of beauty.

I must say, with all the variety, there is something
and someone out there for everyone.

And thanks Gigantikok,
for the male nipple explanation...
cool.

View_From_Below: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=meetgreet;num=1063847913;start=0#10 date=09/18/03 at 04:38:19]One might also question, "Why aren't all flowers alike, or all trees, or all beetles even?"

[/quote]

I really don't want to sound like an over-serious or negative guy, because I'm certainly not. But the overall tenor of this thread--happyhappy, all diversity is wonderful, God had his wonderful reasons, etc--is a little hard to take.

The generality is one thing. But the particular, the individual human being, is another. Diversity is only wonderful if it affects you positively. For those who are affected negatively, it is hardly wonderful -- like for those with genetic diseases, or subnormal intelligence, or socially unacceptable or devalued qualities or features.

How does one make a "diversity is wonderful" argument that also recognizes those for whom diversity is not wonderful? There's a theological problem. Somehow I don't think "it'll all be OK later in heaven" is an answer when you have to live now....

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Gee, View, I guess instead of saying that God gave us all our own cross to bear we should say on this board that God gave us all our small penis to bear. :-/

Don't take that too seriously, it's in jest. I fully understand your consternation. Just know that you are fully accepted at LPSG as we remain your brothers regardless of your endowment.

It's what's between your ears (and in your heart) that we appreciate, not what's swinging between your legs. Don't forget that.

Pecker

(You know you're leading a sad life when a nymphomaniac says to you, "Let's just be friends.")

View_From_Below: Pecker, that's uncalled for.
My posting wasn't principally about MY issues at all, really. I wouldn't have said anything if so. I'm not that self-centered, or that selfish. It's just that I've been working recently with several cases of people whose lives have been dreadfully affected by their "diversity." It always makes me angry. It's not a wonderful world for everyone.

View_From_Below: Pecker,
no problem, my fellow Southern-fried friend!

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the overall tenor of this thread--happyhappy, all diversity is wonderful, God had his wonderful reasons, etc--is a little hard to take.  

Wow....my little thread has taken a turn...

My happyhappy attitude is my survival tactic.
And it has made me pleasant to be around, too.

if i didnt look to the happy
side,
i dont think i could manage the areas of my life
which are inexplicable, unfair, unchangable,
and shortchanged.

I'm happy.

It is my choice

Did i tell you my middle name was Pollyanna?
Rather strange name for a lad.
;)

AnonyMs: VFB has a valid question that has baffled philosophers for centuries. I guess I should have clarified my answer to indicate the beauty of the original creation, and not what we deal with today. If anyone wants to IM me, I would be happy to share more on where I think God is when it hurts.