Why the snarky/sarcastic replies?

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm quite sure you don't really give a shit about what anyone posts on this website and you're not at all terrified.

D

deleted464787

I'm quite sure you don't really give a shit about what anyone posts on this website and you're not at all terrified.

Thanks for telling me what I think, and what I believe :)

Hypocrite much?

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm commenting to you directly not making a cowardly thread. Why don't you do the same with the women you keep talking about.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If thats all you got out of this thread thus far, then I really have no purpose in dignifying that with a proper response. No matter how many times I explain that its only a few select women, some people will think its a sweeping generalization and read what they want to read.

And Serial Kisser, Ive been more respectful to you, than youve been to me, or to any of the new posters who come here asking a question (can you believe the nerve? he had the nerve to ask YOU a question) that youre oh-so-tired of hearing. Just sayin'...
I have a question for you. If it is only a few women, and not a generalization, why did you post it as what is more or less an open letter to the women of this site? If it is just a small number, why not post on the public profiles of the women in question? There are not many women who post regularly. If it is only a small percentage of those, then this thread is tantamount to harassment. If this thread is just harassment, you're a giant hypocrite.

You say you've been more respectful here than those you accuse of bad behavior have been towards you or others. That is a lie. You've used language I'm sure you feel is polite because it hasn't contained many epithets, but every word was pure condescension, pseudo-paternal lecturing, and not even a moment of that attitude can be perceived as respect. No, you are wrong.

D

deleted464787

Oh good grief AN, give it up. When you get to "I know you are, but what am I?" the debate is pretty much over.

I'm seriously not trying to pull that card. The women here have explicitly stated that its one of the most absurd things when men try to tell them what they believe (and I agree with that point as well... its incredibly stupid). Then, to have one of those women use that kind of tactic in a debate is... just not right, in my opinion.

For future reference... Patchos, I DO find it terrifying that there are some women out there who dont know how much of a bitch they are. I feel kinda sorry for them. And I feel especially sorry for friends and family members that have to put up with them, if thats how they act when theyre not behind a computer screen as well.

D

deleted464787

I have a question for you. If it is only a few women, and not a generalization, why did you post it as what is more or less an open letter to the women of this site? If it is just a small number, why not post on the public profiles of the women in question? There are not many women who post regularly. If it is only a small percentage of those, then this thread is tantamount to harassment. If this thread is just harassment, you're a giant hypocrite.

You say you've been more respectful here than those you accuse of bad behavior have been towards you or others. That is a lie. You've used language I'm sure you feel is polite because it hasn't contained many epithets, but every word was pure condescension, pseudo-paternal lecturing, and not even a moment of that attitude can be perceived as respect. No, you are wrong.

At first, I thought it was all the women, because it certainly appeared to be that way. But after posting the thread, and looking at more recent responses Ive learned that it was, indeed, only a few prolific posters in the AAW forum.

Thats a mistake Ill admit to... I shouldnt have addressed the first post to all women, as that is certainly not the case. Even about halfway through this thread, I admitted that I came to the conclusion that it wasnt all the women here. It was just that those few angry women posted so prolifically, that it appeared that most women on this site were angry.

And for that misunderstanding, I do apologize.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm seriously not trying to pull that card. The women here have explicitly stated that its one of the most absurd things when men try to tell them what they believe (and I agree with that point as well... its incredibly stupid). Then, to have one of those women use that kind of tactic in a debate is... just not right, in my opinion.

For future reference... Patchos, I DO find it terrifying that there are some women out there who dont know how much of a bitch they are. I feel kinda sorry for them. And I feel especially sorry for friends and family members that have to put up with them, if thats how they act when theyre not behind a computer screen as well.

Your pity is very insincere and cowardly. Just because you think someone is a bitch does not make it so.

D

deleted464787

Your pity is very insincere and cowardly. Just because you think someone is a bitch does not make it so.

You know... call me insincere, or insecure, or cowardly all you like. I'm not going to attack you back, because that WOULD be hypocritical.

And I'm sorry if you detect any insincerity in post. I cant help you otherwise. You can read whatever you want to read out of my posts. All that matters is that I know my honest thoughts go into them.

Ive seen the effects bitchy people (women AND men) have on other people, and it really is sad.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another swing and a miss.
My original in black, patchos in quotes, my reply underneath individual bones of contention separated by lines...if I've done this right.
*Edit*And I haven't. Still editing for ease of reading.
**Edit** Close enough.

Originally Posted by Gillette View Post
Outside of the Politics forum WI & AAW are the only places where it's an epidemic of OPs getting ripped into for having posted at all.

Patchos said:
This is so incredibly disingenuous. Or you are just blind.
Ah, the exhausting fool with no proof yet again. wheee.
Put up your proof or STFU.
________________________________________________________________________________________

It's the same select members who are doing it constantly and they happen to be women. That isn't misogyny on my part. It's the simple reality of what's going on.

Patchos said:
Ok, now I realise you're just seeing what you want to see. At least I can be honest about seeing shitposting from men and women.
Shitposting isn't a terribly well defined term there, Patchy.
If you mean general crabbiness in threads then you and I aren't even having the same discussion. Have the fuck at it. Congeniality isn't something I aspire to. I have done and will (and presently am doing) rip into someone for expressing asinine opinions, but I'm still dealing with the thread subject in doing so.

My complaint is the flaming of thread posters when you don't like their subject.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't bother with it in the Politics forum because I'm not interested in politics and can't be arsed going in there with any regularity.

Patchos said:
How convenient. If you did take a look in Politics, you'd see many examples of people, mostly men, getting warned and banned for name calling, etc. But that doesn't fit in to your narrative that only women are cunts, does it?
Damned alliterative convenience..., cunt was clearly the wrong word as it credits those in the collective with far more depth and warmth than they're due.

As for the Politics forum?
Veni vidi verax.
http://www.lpsg.com/171099-time-out.html
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the other hand, as a woman I read and participate in WI & AAW frequently so I do have a vested interest in keeping it civil. Again not misogyny, not hypocrisy.

Patchos said:
It is hypocritical because you are only looking at parts of the forum where more women than men are posting. And you're claiming not to see where men post the exact kind of snarky sarcastic comments that women do.
As vicious first post respondants, an epidemic of them? No.

All I'm looking at?
I think all you're looking for is your next rageaholic hit.
If YOU were actually looking at my post history you'd know I'm frequently in the male dominated forums.

Patchos said:
Furthermore, you seem unable to identify, or deliberately ignore, instances where threads or comments contain overt or subtle examples of sexism or enforce negative sterotypes of women. You suggest women be civil in response. That is how your behaviour is misogynistic.
Your logic is that if I don't join your pitchfork parade I'm being misogynistic? Fuck off.

Incidentally, "is" is a statement of being. You can not state my behavior IS something because of what "seems" to your subjective and deeply biased POV.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Would you like to try another tack? This one doesn't seem to be working for you.

Patchos said:
No, I've explained myself quite clearly and convincingly.
I'm convinced that you're clearly hell bent on slander without a whiff of proof. Further slinging of unfounded labels will be reported as harassment because I am tired of your sorry ass.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But you are. You're trying to dictate that I post nothing.

You want me to post nothing in opposition to those I find malicious by having them on ignore. Meanwhile, the Castrating Catty Klatch can continue to rip into those to whom they've taken a dislike instead of doing the same.

Patchos said:
You can post as much misogyny as you want.
:rolleyes:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry not seeing it. It's still advice you yourself haven't put into practice as evidenced by your participation in AtYourCervix's thread.

Patchos said:
I made a perfectly reasonable comment in that thread. It's probably the only real solution to the OP's issue. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't have posted.
Nor do I. I was merely pointing out that you aren't practicing what you're preaching to me.

Patchos said:
You're misunderstanding the suggestion to put people on ignore. You seem to not like the tone of some posters, that's why I made the suggestion. There's nothing much you can do about the content though, unless it's against the ToS.
No, you're misunderstand why I think you being the one to post it is so very ironic.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Popular opinion seems to be that he's not worth anyone's time, and yet...

I'm not concerned with popular opinion. IDGAF who other people like or dislike.
I'm not so sure that's true.

And without his thread being posted in WI or AAW, no less!...

By all means, have another go at making your pointless.

Last edited:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You created this thread specifically to attack the women while deliberately ignoring the same activity from men. You can't deny it because there is no "Why the snarky/sarcastic replies?" in the ask a men section. Based on that, you're just trolling.

I can't believe I have wasted my time responding to you lol.

D

deleted464787

You created this thread specifically to attack the women while deliberately ignoring the same activity from men. You can't deny it because there is no "Why the snarky/sarcastic replies?" in the ask a men section. Based on that, you're just trolling.

I can't believe I have wasted my time responding to you lol.

In the original post to this thread, I explicitly stated that I realize this activity happens all over the place. I just made the observation that this activity seemed to be more concentrated in the AAW forum compared to other forums on this site. Im not trying to troll anybody.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In rereading your posts, (OP), you do come across, in my opinion as quite condescending and paternalistic. You do try to correct the manner in which we 'bitches' choose to post. You then say that not everyone in the thread is a bitch. You also claim to have received some private messages from women supporting your stance. I can only surmise that these women are so terrified of the aforementioned bitches that they are afraid to express their opinion.

So I'm confused. Could you please quit speaking in riddles about the mysterious nice and naughty list? Spit it out like AE says! Just ask each "bitch" to play nice!

Here's your list. Let us know.

Tight_N_Juicy
fluffychocolate
Patchos
Reddhott
Gillette
Serial Kisser
SprinkleMe69
LaFemme
EllieP
ArtAppreciation
xX_Sarah_Xx
Tactfulgal
Daisy
Sexycyn
lofty01
paigexox
AlteredEgo

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gillette, I've made my point and made it clearly. Your continued use of gendered slurs only proves that you have a misogynistic view of women. If you continue to engage me, you're throwing away your claim of being harassed, so just put me on ignore.

D

deleted464787

In rereading your posts, (OP), you do come across, in my opinion as quite condescending and paternalistic. You do try to correct the manner in which we 'bitches' choose to post. You then say that not everyone in the thread is a bitch. You also claim to have received some private messages from women supporting your stance. I can only surmise that these women are so terrified of the aforementioned bitches that they are afraid to express their opinion.

So I'm confused. Could you please quit speaking in riddles about the mysterious nice and naughty list? Spit it out like AE says! Just ask each "bitch" to play nice!

Here's your list. Let us know.

Tight_N_Juicy
fluffychocolate
Patchos
Reddhott
Gillette
Serial Kisser
SprinkleMe69
LaFemme
EllieP
ArtAppreciation
xX_Sarah_Xx
Tactfulgal
Daisy
Sexycyn
lofty01
paigexox
AlteredEgo

Is that a list of people you think are acting rudely? Or is that just a list of people who have posted in this thread alone? Are you asking me to pick the people out of that list I think are acting bitchy, and to name-and-shame all of them? If so, I wont oblige... thats just not what I do. Its pretty mean, and immature, and all it would do is cause those women I name to get all offended and respond even more abrasively than they already do. :(

Some of the people in that list have indeed PMed me though. Reddhott even had the decency to admit that sometimes she can go overboard with the snark, but she tries to be helpful when she can be. I can respect that she has the balls to admit that shes made mistakes before.

I dont expect anyone to be perfect... we're all human afterall. But when a little criticism comes your way, sometimes it can be helpful to take a step back and look at things from the other point of view. Ask yourself "Have I been unnecessarily mean in that post?"

Ive looked at it from your point of view. I understand that it looks ridiculous when a man tells youre lying when you say that dick size doesnt matter, and its the man its attached to. And you know what, I agree, to those type of men, have a field day... because they truly deserve it.

But maybe to the new posters with legitimate questions (yes, its also easy to tell when some guys are trying to bait you into small penis humilation... but some of them really have asked legit questions, and were still shot down), when they ask a question that you feel has already been adequately answered, at least consider answering something along the lines of "Hey, we get this question a lot. Heres my answer, and also, heres a link to a thread asking the same question that has more answers for you."

If you can at least concede that small point, then maybe, just maybe, theres an understanding we can come to afterall?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the original post to this thread, I explicitly stated that I realize this activity happens all over the place. I just made the observation that this activity seemed to be more concentrated in the AAW forum compared to other forums on this site. Im not trying to troll anybody.
No, no, no, no, no! You're either disingenuous or flat out lying, and I'm offended that you believe yourself to be addressing people too stupid to see that. Your OP in this thread specifically reads:
But I still feel the need to ask this question because I kind of see these responses all over the place from women, and not just here on LPSG.
This is behavior you are specifically assigning to women, without (as pointed out in the post to which you are responding) addressing the behavior of some of the men here.

At first, I thought it was all the women, because it certainly appeared to be that way. But after posting the thread, and looking at more recent responses Ive learned that it was, indeed, only a few prolific posters in the AAW forum.

Thats a mistake Ill admit to... I shouldnt have addressed the first post to all women, as that is certainly not the case. Even about halfway through this thread, I admitted that I came to the conclusion that it wasnt all the women here. It was just that those few angry women posted so prolifically, that it appeared that most women on this site were angry.

And for that misunderstanding, I do apologize.
I'm not sure I believe you, nor that your apology should be taken as sincere. Here's why:

★Your very first sentence in this thread expressed an expctation of being flammed, an acknowledgement that your post would be inflammatory, but that since (and I'm paraphrasing here) this was something universal to women all over, and you wanted to understand why, you'd post anyway. You later posted that you had written that you did not intend to start a flame war. Anyone who is literate and has a reasonably good short-term memory can see proof (PROOF!) of attempted deceit.

★In that same post you gave examples of questions asked by men in this sub-forum, and then examples of answers given. Some of the answers you found objectionable. However, there were some that you found quite agreeable, and you made the obnoxious suggestion that women homogenize our personalities, and only give answers like those you like, and not ever answer as individuals. Some individuals are quite bitchy. Some individuals are extremely nice. Most individuals tend to fall in-between, with moments at this or that end of the simpatico spectrum. You must have already known this because you found examples of agreeable behavior to which we must all aspire. So, you come off as disingenuous right off the bat, moreso when you finally acknowledge out loud (so to speak) that you've "kinda determined that the snarky/sarcastic replies in the AAW forum are not coming from the group of women as a whole". You already posted implications of that when you directed us, like some unsolicited father-figure, to behave more like the women you like.

★Let me point out again, that you deliberately posted, despite knowing you were overgeneralising, despite knowing that you were proclaiming individual behavior as not merely ubiquitous but the manifestation of some kind of bitchy hive-mind that your original post holds up all women, not even just at LPSG as behaving in a way you find unacceptable. Painting all of a group of people with the same brush and not giving consideration to them as individuals is bigotry. Bigotry against women is misogyny.

How am I meant to interpret your apology as genuine and honest? I'd like to accept your apology, so please do try to explain this to me.

Speaking of misogyny, I got a good chuckle out of some of the posts from women in this thread. I didn't like Gillette's original post because she's posted it that way before, refering to members here as cunts, mostly because they don't agree with her standards of behavior. However, I found it hilarious that Patchos calls her out on what she perceives as "internalized misogyny" without addressing obvious misogyny in posts addressed to Gillette refering to the functions of her female organs. Misdirection or selective reading?

Let me be clear, ladies, any automatic assumption that a woman speaking in a way of which you disapprove is suffering because of hormones or the unpleasant practicalities associated with her menstrual cycle is directly accusing her of misbehaving specifically because she is a woman. If a man said it, you'd cry foul, because it is misogyny. Plain and simple, you hipocrites. Lofty, I was really surprised by you. Reddhott, not so much, and now there is actually a woman on my ignore list.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's a list of everyone who has posted in this thread. And when you called us all out on being bitches, I would consider that to be "mean and immature", so apparently that is something you do.

Regardless of what you feel is best, I will continue to respond to posts as I want: helpful to some, pointing out the rules to others, silly to a few, and ignoring others. If some choose to see me as a bitch, then I certainly will wear that name with pride.

D

deleted464787

I'll try to dissect this and address each point as best I can, so bear with me here:

This is behavior you are specifically assigning to women, without (as pointed out in the post to which you are responding) addressing the behavior of some of the men here.

After reading that quote, Ill concede that the way I read it was wrong... or at least I cant fault anyone for thinking I meant all women. Guess it was kind of one of those mistakes where I mean to say one thing, and it comes out in a different way. If I could edit that quote above, and make it more the way I intended, I would make it say "But I still feel the need to ask this here in the AAW forum because I kind of see these responses more from women here, and not as much from men in other forums on LPSG."

★Your very first sentence in this thread expressed an expctation of being flammed, an acknowledgement that your post would be inflammatory, but that since (and I'm paraphrasing here) this was something universal to women all over, and you wanted to understand why, you'd post anyway.

That was not an acknowledgment that my post would be inflammatory. It was an acknowledgement that some women would eventually respond in an inflammatory way, since I had already observed that they appeared to respond to most threads in an inflammatory way. Anytime I offer a criticism, Im prepared for someone to be offended. Someone pointed out earlier in this thread that I wasnt being hostile... just blunt. That may be the case, but I dont intend to sugar-coat things.

★In that same post you gave examples of questions asked by men in this sub-forum, and then examples of answers given. Some of the answers you found objectionable. However, there were some that you found quite agreeable, and you made the obnoxious suggestion that women homogenize our personalities, and only give answers like those you like, and not ever answer as individuals. Some individuals are quite bitchy. Some individuals are extremely nice. Most individuals tend to fall in-between, with moments at this or that end of the simpatico spectrum. You must have already known this because you found examples of agreeable behavior to which we must all aspire. So, you come off as disingenuous right off the bat, moreso when you finally acknowledge out loud (so to speak) that you've "kinda determined that the snarky/sarcastic replies in the AAW forum are not coming from the group of women as a whole". You already posted implications of that when you directed us, like some unsolicited father-figure, to behave more like the women you like..

I know this is stupid, and purely hypothetical, but consider the following scenario. Lets say youre at a dinner, and you cooked for 4 guys, and you ask each of the guys how their dinner is.

Guy #1 replies: "My dinner tastes great. You did a really good job!"
Guy #2 replies: "My dinner is not very good. Sorry, but youre just not that good at cooking."
Guy #3 replies: "What the fuck? Thats the stupidest question Ive ever heard. Why the hell would you ask that?"
Guy #4 replies sarcastically: "Why does it matter? Its MY dinner, not yours."

Guys #1 and #2 were responsive, and gave helpful, meaningful answers. Guy #2's answer may have been mean, and not the answer you wanted to hear... but he answered the question nonetheless.

Guy #3 was not only mean, but he wasnt even helpful in the answer. Guy #4 wasnt as mean, but he was pretty unresponsive and unhelpful.

It would be helpful if people (men and women alike... I'll have to start making this in parentheses a lot, so no one thinks Im singling out women here) if people could give responses like guy #1 or guy #2. Doesnt have to be the answer that guys want to hear, but it would be nice if it was at least an answer. I'm seeing a lot of responses like guy #3 and guy #4 around here (and yes, its not just in the AAW forum. Plenty of men are doing it to... but again, Ill state that its concentrated in the AAW forum)

Does that help at all? Im just trying to convey that things would just be nicer if people would just answer the question (even if the answer isnt all praise and joy), instead of beating around the bush and being frustrating. Is that me trying to change all women to behave the way I think they should behave? I understand that argument from authority doesnt make something right, but Im sure most, if not all, people would agree that helpful is ALWAYS better than not helpful, no?

PS: Dont make fun of me for making that stupid analogy above... I did it on the fly, and I realize how stupid it sounds... but it gets the point across :p

★Let me point out again, that you deliberately posted, despite knowing you were overgeneralising, despite knowing that you were proclaiming individual behavior as not merely ubiquitous but the manifestation of some kind of bitchy hive-mind that your original post holds up all women, not even just at LPSG as behaving in a way you find unacceptable. Painting all of a group of people with the same brush and not giving consideration to them as individuals is bigotry. Bigotry against women is misogyny. .

Im genuinely sorry if my post sounded like a sweeping generalization. Perhaps it sounded that way because I was upset at the situation, I dont know. But I promise that was not my intent.

As an aside, Ive seen the word misogyny arise SOOOO MANY times in this forum... and I'd like to point out that its becoming a bit unnerving, because Ive never seen men accusing anyone of misandry. To be honest, I had never even heard the word until I visited this forum, and I had to look it up online to see what it meant. And now, it seems like every woman in here who is being personally attacked is "crying mysogyny" and trying to accuse the person of hating all womankind. I'm certainly not a bigot, and I dont have anything against womankind. I only have something against people that act like jerks, men and women alike.

The fact that I posted this thread in the AAW forum shouldnt be used to try to prove that Im a misogynist, or a bigot, or that Im against women. Where I live, theres an extremely low crime rate. In the next town over, the crime rate is significantly higher. Our city's police force spends more resources in the city next to ours, because thats where the criminal activity is concentrated. That doesnt mean the police force thinks everyone in that town is a criminal, right?

Another stupid analogy, I know... but again, its getting my point across.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted464787

It's a list of everyone who has posted in this thread. And when you called us all out on being bitches, I would consider that to be "mean and immature", so apparently that is something you do.

Regardless of what you feel is best, I will continue to respond to posts as I want: helpful to some, pointing out the rules to others, silly to a few, and ignoring others. If some choose to see me as a bitch, then I certainly will wear that name with pride.

I dont believe that all the people in that list are bitches. Many of the people in that list appear to be quite nice, down to earth women, and its a pleasure to talk to them. As far as calling anyone a bitch, if I did, it wasnt right and I'm sorry. But I still feel I should have the right to stand up to bullies.

And you have the right to continue to post however you want... nice, bullying, or otherwise. It was only a suggestion. But dont be surprised when a couple people stand up to it.

If I had a kid, and he was bullying someone, and then one day, he got his ass beat by someone who was tired of him bullying them, he'd get no sympathy from me.

lofty01

Sexy Member
Media
Let me be clear, ladies, any automatic assumption that a woman speaking in a way of which you disapprove is suffering because of hormones or the unpleasant practicalities associated with her menstrual cycle is directly accusing her of misbehaving specifically because she is a woman. If a man said it, you'd cry foul, because it is misogyny. Plain and simple, you hipocrites. Lofty, I was really surprised by you. Reddhott, not so much, and now there is actually a woman on my ignore list.

Not my finest hour, I'll admit that...