Why trump could win

D

deleted994557

Could be--I'm not sure of the difference between Cornish and Welsh. We do have a large population of Welsh, and have places with names like Bala Cynwyd, Bryn Mawr, and Tredyffrin. And Cornwall.
Fucking Welsh.

Just kidding. I'm a Cornish boy.

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Mercifully as a Brit I won't have a say over who next enters the White House. However I feel really sorry for the American people at this time because I don't remember an occasion in recent history when their choice of president has been anywhere near so abysmal as it is now. How has it come to pass that a country of 300 million people - five times the population of the UK - finds itself having to choose between two people so slender of obvious talent and both with questionable stuff in their backgrounds?

category8

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You make a plausible case for why this hidden Trump constituency could exist, undetected by all measures that we know of. You failed to mention what makes you think that it does exist. Cite your evidence. Wanting it to be so, thinking it should be so, does not make it so.

Finally some rational thought from b.c.. However this has been around for quite some time and something I pointed out long before I threw in with the orange narcissist. It's what a lot of liberal aren't seeing. They are too caught up in this Hillary praising/Trump condemning media fog and virtue signaling each other to see that an enormous amount of Trump supporters are keeping their cards close to their chest and their mouths shut.

No, you won't be seeing a Trump bumper sticker on their car, a Trump sign on their lawn, or a red "make America great again" hat on their heads. They won't be talking about politics at work or at the grocery store. If a pollster calls they will simply hang up. Why? Because they are fully aware that having an opinion that opposes the liberal narrative can be professionally detrimental and publicly dangerous. They've heard and seen for themselves how liberals are vindictive, determined to pigeon hole individuals as racist, sexist, etc., and hold grudges to the extent it may cost a conservative friends, family, employment opportunities/ positions, and even their jobs. They've seen countless videos of a radical element (hysterical lunatics) on the Left that will destroy their property and physically assault them.

It's not worth it to advertise a political opinion in this new regressive age of SJW/PC, censorship, and revisionist history, that the liberals are bent on suffocating our society/culture with. Ironically it's one of the reasons Trump has been so successful, he's backlash, a "we've fucking had it, enough" to liberals polluting our society with their asinine bullshit. The Left will never admit it but it is they who actually gave birth to Trump.

Nope, not a peep out of us, most of us anyway, unless it's through such media that allows for anonymity. We'll do our talking at the polls.

Trump will win, mark my words.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You make a plausible case for why this hidden Trump constituency could exist, undetected by all measures that we know of. You failed to mention what makes you think that it does exist. Cite your evidence. Wanting it to be so, thinking it should be so, does not make it so.

Well, in my op I posted a piece where the author proposed the possibility of such, and referenced other polls and predictions where Trump's chances of success have so far been wrong. There are similar analyses.

However that's CERTAINLY not a case of my "wanting it to be so" nor is the purpose of this thread to seek approval for recognizing the possibility.

ESPECIALLY not approval from our resident bigots who've never missed an opportunity to DISPARAGE and DISMISS valid concerns about racism, bigotry, discrimination and the people who express such concerns.

On the CONTRARY, it was created for the purpose of instilling a sense of URGENCY in those who may be inclined to sit this one out, or who may FOOLISHLY believe it is not VITALLY important for them GET OUT AND VOTE and not let bigots, racists, zealots, and those motivated by HATE to intimidate us and discourage us from TURNING OUT.

Every single vote against Trump COUNTS.

If it DIDN'T, Trump and his gang of conservative - Tea Party - white supremacists - nationalists - Republican dirty tricksters would be working so hard to STEAL IT AWAY from us.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
. However I feel really sorry for the American people at this time because I don't remember an occasion in recent history when their choice of president has been anywhere near so abysmal as it is now.

I can think of several in my lifetime. Situation normal here.

You Brits aren't off the hook, either. Most of your PM choices have been abysmal. ;)

category8

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with all of this, including the central idea that "Trump could win". I think Trump could win for the same reason I always have (I made a post along these lines right after he got the nomination): because conservatives, being conservatives, will vote for the Republican candidate to roughly the degree they usually do; that liberals/Democrats will vote for the Democratic candidate to roughly the degree they usually do; that independents are the wild card but you sure can't count on them to vote sanely; that there could be some unexpected event (bizarre Comey letters anyone?) that would keep a chunk of independents and others from voting sanely.

My comment was in response to Mercurygirl. Whereas you and I are agnostic on this issue, only being able to speculate, Mercurygirl says "Trump will win, mark my words". She is sure that there IS a hidden constituency of Trump voters that polls and all the rest haven't been able to detect. To which I say, sure, that's possible; but is there anything to make us even CLOSE to being SURE that it is so? Her reasoning, such as it is, is a whole lot less reliable than the polls and other measures of knowing this stuff that she doesn't seem to take very seriously. Seems more like wishful thinking to me.

Want to reiterate your other point because it really is so important: the stakes are too high for any of us to take the outcome of this election for granted; we all have to vote.

Well, in my op I posted a piece where the author proposed the possibility of such, and referenced other polls and predictions where Trump's chances of success have so far been wrong. There are similar analyses.

However that's CERTAINLY not a case of my "wanting it to be so" nor is the purpose of this thread to seek approval for recognizing the possibility.

ESPECIALLY not approval from our resident bigots who've never missed an opportunity to DISPARAGE and DISMISS valid concerns about racism, bigotry, discrimination and the people who express such concerns.

On the CONTRARY, it was created for the purpose of instilling a sense of URGENCY in those who may be inclined to sit this one out, or who may FOOLISHLY believe it is not VITALLY important for them GET OUT AND VOTE and not let bigots, racists, zealots, and those motivated by HATE to intimidate us and discourage us from TURNING OUT.

Every single vote against Trump COUNTS.

If it DIDN'T, Trump and his gang of conservative - Tea Party - white supremacists - nationalists - Republican dirty tricksters would be working so hard to STEAL IT AWAY from us.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

ironically
getting a tad worriesome sarg

but
heres hoping, she has enough of a lead huh?

what do they say
'better the devil you know, than the devil you dont'?

blunt impact of the FBI's decision to wade into the election.

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I can think of several in my lifetime. Situation normal here.

You Brits aren't off the hook, either. Most of your PM choices have been abysmal. ;)

Thanks a bunch. I didn't think much to Tony Blair or Gordon Brown but I thought Maggie Thatcher was marvellous and just what was needed at the time. Furthermore she hit if off with Reagan, one of your better specimens. It's early days yet but I think Theresa May has acquitted herself well given the very real difficulties she's had to contend with.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
My comment was in response to Mercurygirl. Whereas you and I are agnostic on this issue, only being able to speculate, Mercurygirl says "Trump will win, mark my words". She is sure that there IS a hidden constituency of Trump voters that polls and all the rest haven't been able to detect. To which I say, sure, that's possible; but is there anything to make us even CLOSE to being SURE that it is so? Her reasoning, such as it is, is a whole lot less reliable than the polls and other measures of knowing this stuff that she doesn't seem to take very seriously. Seems more like wishful thinking to me.

Want to reiterate your other point because it really is so important: the stakes are too high for any of us to take the outcome of this election for granted; we all have to vote.

Oh, okay. I didn't know your comment was to Mercurygirl. I can't see any of her posts, including material of hers you may quote. So it looked like a response to my comment above it.

I appreciate the clarification.

I decided I would respond after all. Fuck knows why.

The jump from "English speaking part of London" to national populism like Trump and Putin is quite obvious if you've lived through the recent events in the UK. We've had a horrible referendum on whether we should be in/out of the EU, which was almost exclusively a referendum based on dog-whistle politics about immigrants, those who don't speak like us (English), and "othering". Since the outcome of that referendum, hate crime against Eastern European immigrants, people of colour, and LGBTQI people has at least tripled. Because hate has been legitimised. So, in your ignorance, when you speak about parts of London who don't speak English, you're effectively supporting homophobia, racism, and xenophobia. Your defence of it on the grounds that hundreds of years ago different villages couldn't understand each other is ill-educated and irrelevant to modern Britain. While you might find my indignance amusing, there are real-world consequences, including to people I know, not that should make any difference.

This might come as a genuine surprise to a worldly, well educated person such as yourself. I agree with most everything you have mentioned. It seems though, you wish to zero in on my, as you call it, ignorance. Perhaps you need to read my views on your UK referendum.

Unfortunately Media decides democracy and what is true. Highlighting sensitivities, emotions blur fact and truth. It's not long before people bother to understand people, small indiscretions are blown out of proportion and so on.

Back to Hilary and Trump...I read some time ago about Hilary, her championing of wanting to change the healthcare system before and after Bill's term in office. So that all US citizens receive healthcare, not just the privileged. The private health path was set by Nixon and his cronies. Trump wishes to turn the clock back...again.

I have always believed and stated many times over my stay here. A government should be just not responsible for the defence, but also the health of it's people.

I say this because we have a system here where all are treated equally under our health care system. Private insurers for some time have been slowly whittling away at the edges. Each time we have a conservative government, the system is weakened.

My dislike of Trump does not come for his cockhead beat the chest comments. It comes from actually reading some of his policies, if you want to call them that. While I am not overly excited about Hilary, she has a far better track record on doing the right thing, and that's what it's all about, the right thing.

But hey, the world has huge problems at the moment. If you take it upon yourself to judge me ignorant without looking at the whole picture. That's ok by me. Join the queue :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
October 29, 2016 ...

[QUOTE="Mercurygirl, post: 6174052, member: 770649"

"Finally some rational thought from b.c.. However this has been around for quite some time and something I pointed out long before I threw in with the orange narcissist. It's what a lot of liberal aren't seeing. They are too caught up in this Hillary praising/Trump condemning media fog and virtue signaling each other to see that an enormous amount of Trump supporters are keeping their cards close to their chest and their mouths shut.

No, you won't be seeing a Trump bumper sticker on their car, a Trump sign on their lawn, or a red "make America great again" hat on their heads. They won't be talking about politics at work or at the grocery store. If a pollster calls they will simply hang up. Why? Because they are fully aware that having an opinion that opposes the liberal narrative can be professionally detrimental and publicly dangerous. They've heard and seen for themselves how liberals are vindictive, determined to pigeon hole individuals as racist, sexist, etc., and hold grudges to the extent it may cost a conservative friends, family, employment opportunities/ positions, and even their jobs. They've seen countless videos of a radical element (hysterical lunatics) on the Left that will destroy their property and physically assault them.

It's not worth it to advertise a political opinion in this new regressive age of SJW/PC, censorship, and revisionist history, that the liberals are bent on suffocating our society/culture with. Ironically it's one of the reasons Trump has been so successful, he's backlash, a "we've fucking had it, enough" to liberals polluting our society with their asinine bullshit. The Left will never admit it but it is they who actually gave birth to Trump.

Nope, not a peep out of us, most of us anyway, unless it's through such media that allows for anonymity. We'll do our talking at the polls.

Trump will win, mark my words."

:::drops microphone:::

D

deleted15807

Who is crooked again? Who cares right. Never in history a president on trial, one big scam like his candidacy. Somehow Hillary's email protocal was more important than covering the scam that was Trump University.

President-elect Trump due to appear in court at trial starting later this month

the class-action case set for trial the Monday after Thanksgiving is just one of a plethora of lawsuits and threatened suits Trump was entangled in during the campaign—litigation that doesn’t seem likely to disappear anytime soon and might even intensify with Trump headed to the White House.
The "Mexican judge" from Illinois made a big mistake in moving this trial to after the election. America deserved to see the candidate on trial. The spectacle it will be ;). No doubt though he will get away with it. Just as he did grabbing the pussy of beautiful young women he was "very attracted" too.

Last edited by a moderator:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Finally some rational thought from b.c.. However this has been around for quite some time and something I pointed out long before I threw in with the orange narcissist. It's what a lot of liberal aren't seeing. They are too caught up in this Hillary praising/Trump condemning media fog and virtue signaling each other to see that an enormous amount of Trump supporters are keeping their cards close to their chest and their mouths shut.

Trump will win, mark my words.

Prophetic. Well done. I wasn't sure... but I know a few DNC and GOP ex-staffers and campaign managers who kept calling it in private conversations, and like Hurricane Katrina...THEY knew a Cat 5 was coming, but noone took notice despite having an ENTIRE weekend (or in this case, months...) to do something about it.

There was hundreds of PRIVATE Facebook groups across the country/world for Trump, while Shillary fans were parading and lambasting every misstep in PUBLIC. Classic Roman catacomb analogy.

MG, you forgot .... Trumpers just gave a fake smile at a cocktail party in SF or NYC, as everyone has a laugh recalling the latest Alec Baldwin skit.

The sad thing is... they will continue to do it. And 2018 will be just as bad, as Obamacare ratchets way up, and the come uppence for Senate seats come into play for the DNC.

The GOP endorsed Pelosi... wow.

I am an NPP, and voted for myself... still... frankly humbled by it ;)

Reactions: Mercurygirl

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Prophetic. Well done. I wasn't sure... but I know a few DNC and GOP ex-staffers and campaign managers who kept calling it in private conversations, and like Hurricane Katrina...THEY knew a Cat 5 was coming, but noone took notice despite having an ENTIRE weekend (or in this case, months...) to do something about it.

There was hundreds of PRIVATE Facebook groups across the country/world for Trump, while Shillary fans were parading and lambasting every misstep in PUBLIC. Classic Roman catacomb analogy.

MG, you forgot .... Trumpers just gave a fake smile at a cocktail party in SF or NYC, as everyone has a laugh recalling the latest Alec Baldwin skit.

The sad thing is... they will continue to do it. And 2018 will be just as bad, as Obamacare ratchets way up, and the come uppence for Senate seats come into play for the DNC.

The GOP endorsed Pelosi... wow.

I am an NPP, and voted for myself... still... frankly humbled by it ;)

Thanks.

Yep, liberals love to wave their attention flags in everyone's face. "Look at me I'm progressive and politically correct!" That's why they're easy to spot and you can count them. Ugh, bunch of sanctimonious phonies.

A great deal of conservatives on the other hand are more reflective of their name. What was really taking place this election was in the silence and anonymity. You could see it at a grassroots level. The vindictive environment of intolerance, the PC witch hunt, the Left has cultivated over the course of Obama's terms called for it. The Left was loud and boisterous and flooding the mainstream media but if you read the comments sections on say, articles, they were overwhelmingly opposed to the liberal propaganda being spread. Apparently the team of professionals internet trolls that Clinton documents recently revealed Hillary's campaign had hired fell far short of earning their money.

Hillary had the megaphone of celebrities and the mainstream media but the Right had the voice of the people. Especially those in critical states. Liberals were too busy dancing on their delusional beach, patting each other on the back, calling everyone who disagreed with them a racist, and convincing themselves they already won to see the enormous tidal wave of backlash, the big "fuck you", that they themselves had given birth to, that was about to crash their little "I'm with the corrupt a-hole" party.

"MG, you forgot .... Trumpers just gave a fake smile at a cocktail party in SF or NYC, as everyone has a laugh recalling the latest Alec Baldwin skit."

I think of all the times I held my tongue while some blowhard SJW practically had a fucking brain hemorrhage virtue signaling the Left douchebaggery in their orbit over how Trump was "literally Hitler" (sic) or how much of a misogynist he was.

I'd think, "Yeah, Trump being crass talking privately with another guy is on level with Hillary accepting millions in dirty money from governments that actually oppress, jail, and execute women for wanting equal rights or for breaking asinine archaic religious/ideological laws that the patriarchal powers that be use to keep women under a blanket or from having an opinion.

Governments that won't even allow women to drive a car and torture them for adultry or for allowing themselves to be, get this, raped. Yeah, Hillary was so for women in places like Saudi Arabia and Bahrain she took millions of dollars from their governments to show her support. The latter of which, as an example, she took a seven figure donation from and soon after gave a sweet arms deal to as Secretary of State. Those weapons immediately used to crush civilian demonstrations, some by women seeking equal rights under the law. Last I checked Trump's actions never put women in prison or led to their execution.

If only liberals would take their heads out of their asses perhaps they'd see what a collective of hypocrites they truly are. I'm not holding my breath though. They are currently doubling down and pushing the same ignorant narrative that cost them the election.

On Baldwin, they're starting to line up their lefty participation trophies for him and his Hollywood Hillary shill buddies for taking part in the failed propaganda that backfired miserably for them on election night. Yep, doing what they do, rewarding their own, waving their silly little "look at us we're progressive!" flags, for being tools in a sinking liberal lie.

Meh, I suppose we should encourage them to congratulate, award, themselves for being losers. The longer the tantrum and denial the more it looks as if it's going to be 8 years.

=]

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks.

Yep, liberals love to wave their attention flags in everyone's face. "Look at me I'm progressive and politically correct!" That's why they're easy to spot and you can count them. Ugh, bunch of sanctimonious phonies.

A great deal of conservatives on the other hand are more reflective of their name. What was really taking place this election was in the silence and anonymity. You could see it at a grassroots level. The vindictive environment of intolerance, the PC witch hunt, the Left has cultivated over the course of Obama's terms called for it. The Left was loud and boisterous and flooding the mainstream media but if you read the comments sections on say, articles, they were overwhelmingly opposed to the liberal propaganda being spread. Apparently the team of professionals internet trolls that Clinton documents recently revealed Hillary's campaign had hired fell far short of earning their money.

Hillary had the megaphone of celebrities and the mainstream media but the Right had the voice of the people. Especially those in critical states. Liberals were too busy dancing on their delusional beach, patting each other on the back, calling everyone who disagreed with them a racist, and convincing themselves they already won to see the enormous tidal wave of backlash, the big "fuck you", that they themselves had given birth to, that was about to crash their little "I'm with the corrupt a-hole" party.

"MG, you forgot .... Trumpers just gave a fake smile at a cocktail party in SF or NYC, as everyone has a laugh recalling the latest Alec Baldwin skit."

I think of all the times I held my tongue while some blowhard SJW practically had a fucking brain hemorrhage virtue signaling the Left douchebaggery in their orbit over how Trump was "literally Hitler" (sic) or how much of a misogynist he was.

I'd think, "Yeah, Trump being crass talking privately with another guy is on level with Hillary accepting millions in dirty money from governments that actually oppress, jail, and execute women for wanting equal rights or for breaking asinine archaic religious/ideological laws that the patriarchal powers that be use to keep women under a blanket or from having an opinion.

Governments that won't even allow women to drive a car and torture them for adultry or for allowing themselves to be, get this, raped. Yeah, Hillary was so for women in places like Saudi Arabia and Bahrain she took millions of dollars from their governments to show her support. The latter of which, as an example, she took a seven figure donation from and soon after gave a sweet arms deal to as Secretary of State. Those weapons immediately used to crush civilian demonstrations, some by women seeking equal rights under the law. Last I checked Trump's actions never put women in prison or led to their execution.

If only liberals would take their heads out of their asses perhaps they'd see what a collective of hypocrites they truly are. I'm not holding my breath though. They are currently doubling down and pushing the same ignorant narrative that cost them the election.

On Baldwin, they're starting to line up their lefty participation trophies for him and his Hollywood Hillary shill buddies for taking part in the failed propaganda that backfired miserably for them on election night. Yep, doing what they do, rewarding their own, waving their silly little "look at us we're progressive!" flags, for being tools in a sinking liberal lie.

Meh, I suppose we should encourage them to congratulate, award, themselves for being losers. The longer the tantrum and denial the more it looks as if it's going to be 8 years.

=]
At least Clinton hired her own American internet trolls while the great orange one hired Russians.

Russia hired internet trolls to pose as pro-Trump Americans
http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-internet-trolls-and-donald-trump-2016-7

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response