Why was CigarBabe banned?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would also like to know what has caused all this.

From what I understand she mentioned in chat that she has been posting more often at the other site (that we dare not speak it's name). I can't understand why this website would be intimidated by a site with less than 300 members.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The original question has been asked and answered. IMHO It's time to close this thread. :mad:Any Johnny-come-latelys can just read the thread and get the information they need. Further discussion is pointless.

Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes
Behold, BACON EXPLOSION!!! Here’s what you’ll need…

2 pounds thick cut bacon
2 pounds Italian sausage
1 jar of your favorite barbeque sauce
1 jar of your favorite barbeque rub

To kick off the construction of this pork medley you’ll need to create a 5×5 bacon weave. If the strips you’re using aren’t as wide as the ones pictured, then you may need to use a few extra slices to fill out the pattern. Just make sure your weave is tight and that you end up with a nice square shape to work with.

The next step is to add some barbeque seasoning on top of your bacon weave. Being the barbeque addict that I am, I whipped up a batch of Burnt Finger BBQ’s competition pork rub for this special occasion. Seeing as not everyone has the time, or the expertise, to create a tasty rub of their own, I would recommend trying Bad Byron’s Butt Rub

Now that you’re pork is well seasoned, it’s time to add more pork. Take two pounds of Italian sausage and layer it directly on top of your bacon weave. Be sure to press the sausage to the outer edges of the bacon creating a patty that is the same thickness all the way across. Most grocery stores carry loose sausage, so just pick out one you like. I chose to go with a mild sausage, but spicy would work just the same. If you really want to get crazy, take a stab at making your own homemade sausage.

Next up is bacon layer number two. Take the remaining bacon slices and fry them up the same way you would for breakfast (or lunch, or dinner, or a midnight snack). If you like soft bacon, make it soft. If you like crunchy bacon, make it crunchy. If you like your bacon burnt to hell so the smoke detectors go off, then burn it to hell so the smoke detectors go off. These pieces are going to be a major part of the inner flavor of our sausage fatty, so cook them your favorite way. Personally, I like my bacon right at the point when it starts to get crispy, but hasn’t quite lost all of the softness yet. Regardless of how well done you like yours, you’ll need to crumble or chop the cooked strips into bite size pieces and place on top of the sausage layer.

(Note-It’s okay, and encouraged, to snack on these pieces while your chopping/crumbling. But keep in mind that once those bacon morsels touch the raw sausage, you’ll need to resist all temptations to nibble. This can and will be difficult, but hospital trips are no fun, so stay strong.)

Since this is a barbeque recipe, we need to add another layer of barbeque flavor. Take your favorite sauce and drizzle it all over the top of the bacon pieces. Personally, I prefer to use Burnt Finger BBQ’s homemade competition sauce, but if you’re torn on what brand to use I recommend Cowtown, and Fiorella’s Jack Stack. Once you’ve sauced the bacon, sprinkle on some more of the barbeque seasoning you used on the bacon weave.

Now comes the fun part. Very carefully separate the front edge of the sausage layer from the bacon weave and begin rolling backwards. You want to include all layers EXCEPT the bacon weave in your roll. Try and keep the sausage as tight as possible and be sure to release any air pockets that may have formed. Once the sausage is fully rolled up, pinch together the seams and ends to seal all of the bacon goodness inside.

At this point we can start to see the final shape of our Bacon Explosion, but we’re missing one key item. To complte the constuction process, roll the sausage forward completely wrapping it in the bacon weave. Make sure it sits with the seam facing downward to help keep it all sealed up.

Sprinkle some barbeque seasoning on the outside of the bacon weave, and now this bad boy is ready for the smoker.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sour Milk recipe. Buy milk and leave it out in a warm place.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The original question has been asked and answered. IMHO It's time to close this thread. :mad:Any Johnny-come-latelys can just read the thread and get the information they need. Further discussion is pointless.

Isn't that a bit disingenuous, Nj?

Pointless, no. Fruitless, clearly, because lpsg never reverses a decision no matter how misguided it may have been. At least not in the short term.

Something, I believe, is off here. There's something very wrong. I haven't spoken to CB yet, but Jason has and apparently she has had no communication to inform her as to her 'transgression' which I think is egregious in the extreme. No one should be summarily banned without explanation.

She hasn't been dogging anyone. She's barely been around here lately. All the personal drama that was going on has calmed down (it seems in particular since the late, lamented JasonDawwg made his departure although she and he didn't have any real personal animosity).

There's nothing in her posts to suggest linkage to "another site". And frankly, I just don't get all the paranoia about that and never have. I've been to the wild, wild west and while it's not my personal cup of tea, what is the big deal?? What the hell is this Voldemort Syndrome we've got going here? Lpsg can't possibly be so concerned that it will take over. It won't. She's never mentioned it by name...and, oh, really, if that were the reason for this ban it speaks poorly of people other than her.

You all know she's one of my best friends as well as one of "the more respected members on this site" (I'm quoting a person in a position of authority here). That said, she, like most of us, can be her own worst enemy at times. In the moment, I think we've all gone over the line when we think we're simply being direct or sardonic but someone with thinner skin perceives it as 'harrassment'. She shoots entirely from the hip which, even when I'm on the receiving end, is something I love about her. Brutal honesty, one's own truth, can be just that but it's always refreshing and this board will be poorer in her absense.

I assume that since there's been a new, albeit unofficial, amnesty program instituted that there will come a time when she'll be offered the chance to come back if she wants it.

I hope that time will come very soon.

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
She was given a one week temp ban for 'harassment' which, again, was to my mind over the top because I saw the private message she wrote in which she told a member to fuck off in response to an unsolicited and inflammatory pm he had sent her.

This ban is permanent and is apparently because she has been "directing members to another site which defames lpsg or its members". I don't presume to be an authority on whether or not the site does that, but I can assure you she hasn't "directed" anyone anywhere.

Edit: Excuse me, the more exact wording is "off-site material that defames..." but we all know how to read that.

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I disagree. For me, there needs to be further clarification along the lines of the OPs original post - if you feel everything's clear, you should feel free to not read the thread any longer. :smile:

To any that can offer answers -
What does "directed members to off site material that defames the site or its membership" mean? Did CigarBabe post a link, as in "LPSG blows, here's my hate site http://www...."?

If it wasn't that explicit, was it via PM, like her previous ban? Which sites "defame" LPSG or the membership? What constitutes defamation? For those of us not in the know, where is a list of banned sites - if no list, why not?

Without a list of taboo sites :rolleyes:, shouldn't there be a warning system in place that explains where the person has erred as opposed to a ban?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...Without a list of taboo sites :rolleyes:, shouldn't there be a warning system in place that explains where the person has erred as opposed to a ban?
It's pretty simple. Any sites that violate U.S. laws (under-18, bestiality, etc.), and then add one other site. :tongue:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes
Behold, BACON EXPLOSION!!! Here’s what you’ll need…

2 pounds thick cut bacon
2 pounds Italian sausage
1 jar of your favorite barbeque sauce
1 jar of your favorite barbeque rub

Absolutely disgusting sounding... sausage wrapped in bacon? Anyone had their blood pressure lately? :eek:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Wow, that's gotta be a new local record. Was this number four, or five?

Three, novie. The first one was the Night of the Long Knives which obviously doesn't count. The last one was so grey it was invisible. And this one...highly, highly questionable.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's pretty simple. Any sites that violate U.S. laws (under-18, bestiality, etc.), and then add one other site. :tongue:
Exactly! :smile:
Except, it can be assumed that most know what sex related material would be inappropriate, and for those that do not, there is a sticky. :wink: However, I am unaware of the one other site - does that mean I can be banned if I unknowingly mention it?

Am I mentioning the unmentionable now? :eek::eek::eek:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Exactly! :smile:
Except, it can be assumed that most know what sex related material would be inappropriate, and for those that do not, there is a sticky. :wink: However, I am unaware of the one other site - does that mean I can be banned if I unknowingly mention it?

What you don't know can't ban you.

Am I mentioning the unmentionable now? :eek::eek::eek:

You're not and apparently I can't.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
ITo any that can offer answers -
What does "directed members to off site material that defames the site or its membership" mean? Did CigarBabe post a link, as in "LPSG blows, here's my hate site http://www...."?

If it wasn't that explicit, was it via PM, like her previous ban? Which sites "defame" LPSG or the membership? What constitutes defamation? For those of us not in the know, where is a list of banned sites - if no list, why not?

Without a list of taboo sites :rolleyes:, shouldn't there be a warning system in place that explains where the person has erred as opposed to a ban?

There is no evidence to date to show that she directed anyone anywhere. Apparently she had a link in her area that directed to her homepage somewhere else, but that had been there since Summer '07. I don't do chat here, or anywhere, so I can't really comment on what happened in Chat and whether that is counted the same as posts on the main board.

There is another site, it was created when there was a falling out between some members and some admin/mods here, back in 2007 if memory serves me right. Some banned and otherwise disgruntled members hang out there. As well as others. It is not at all like this site and would not attract the same membership.

Some there are very pissy about this site, whether that is defamation or the right to free speech, I do not know. The site has a very laissez faire attitude to moderation which makes it a very different place to this and is therefore in my opinion a very different product for the surfing public. And as has been said there are only 300 members (I haven't checked that, but member size matters in any natural listings if you try to search for it), who mostly don't want, as is their right, to be members here.

I should also point out that members from here do go there to be pissy and throw stones, which of course many of their members can not do here. That would be childish, obviously.

It is a very different product and therefore IMO of no threat whatsoever to this site. However some do not share my opinion and so we can not mention the name at all for fear of being permanently banned from this site. You could say that this gives them a moral victory pertaining to their raison d'etre.

If I owned this site, I would be confident that the vast majority of members and users here would not give a flying what not about the other site, neither about what they say nor what they offer as a forum. But for some reason it has really got under some people's skin. Personally I feel that it exacerbates the situation and that noone would even mention the place if it wasn't now banned to do so.

The bottom line is that this site is owned by an individual, that individual can do what he or she likes, if they don't like me posting this honest opinion then they can ban me as well. Some time ago there would have been a big open discussion about what it is OK to talk about but I fear, for those of us who come here for more than cock eye candy, that we will be thinking twice about what we can and can not discuss. I can't believe that this level of fear is what the owner and the admin team are hoping for.

It should be clear to everyone now, that as things stand, the other place is completely censored at this site. It may be that I am in trouble for answering your question and pointing that last point out. :rolleyes:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

IMNSHO, you need to fuck right the hell off that high horse of yours. :rolleyes:

The day you have the final say on which discussions around here are pointless, even if those are your stock in trade, will be the day I start taking communion again.

There hasn't been any response at all from anyone with the title of Moderator or Administrator, so the original questions have most decidedly not been answered. I'm not ripping the staff for banning CB, nor saying they were necessarily wrong in doing so...I'm saying that it's unclear to the members how she violated the rules, which makes it very difficult for others to learn from the lesson she provides and avoid a similar transgression.

All the speculative chatter from the peanut gallery doesn't help...the members need some clearer guidance from those who wield the axes. And we damn sure don't need pious blowhards deciding for us when we've had enough.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
She was given a one week temp ban for 'harassment' which, again, was to my mind over the top because I saw the private message she wrote in which she told a member to fuck off in response to an unsolicited and inflammatory pm he had sent her.

Oh really? Have you seen this PM for yourself? Indeed, has anyone seen this PM?

NO, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Stop spreading her bullshit lies. I know your blinded by biase but surely even you can figure out that she would have coughed up that PM at the time of her banning if it existed. Yet she only mentioned it about 2 weeks later! :rolleyes:

Thats all I have to say. I will not let lies about me go uncontested.
:mad:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Who gives a shit? She's a nice lady and all, and we have each other's phone numbers. I plan to stay in touch with her, but fer fuxake, this is just the intorweb. She's been banned from a website, not hunted down and executed in the dead of night by jackbooted thugs. What makes it important whether somebody is banned or remains here?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Oh really? Have you seen this PM for yourself? Indeed, has anyone seen this PM?

NO, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Stop spreading her bullshit lies. I know your blinded by biase but surely even you can figure out that she would have coughed up that PM at the time of her banning if it existed. Yet she only mentioned it about 2 weeks later! :rolleyes:

Thats all I have to say. I will not let lies about me go uncontested.
:mad:

Her delay in mentioning it, X, was a direct result of her having been banned for responding to said pm. And I know it existed because she forwarded it to me upon her return.

I have carefully avoided saying who was the sender and I have no need or interest in either reproducing or further forwarding it if, indeed, I bothered to keep it at all. Quite honestly, that is not my fight. Much as this will surprise you, I have no fight, per se. Nor am I blinded by bias. I'm pretty clear on who the players are.

As you well know (having received one at the time yourself), I was sent a head's up for suggesting that you might want to address your ongoing problems with spelling and syntax and I wouldn't want to make a similar mistake again; therefor, that's all I have to say.

Last edited: