Why was CigarBabe banned?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Quite honestly I don't think what happens in any chat room compares t posting on the site where it's there and permanent. The chat room is different in that it exists in a less permanent yet more real time/space. There should be some spot you can go here where you can just unwind w/o fear of retribution. I've only been in chat like 4 x's and i really don't think the chat room should be monitored...
I don't frequent chat as much as I used to, and I'm not sure about it being monitored, but I've been there on occasions where I wished it was. As far as accountability is concerned, I'm all for it, wherever the actions takes place. Just because it's not permanent, there's no excuse for bad behaviour in chat either. While it may go by in the blink of an eye, it's more than just a case of "Oh, my delicate sensibilities", when someone's spouting, "Why don't you fags fuck off and get AIDS... I'm 14, and I like... When I made my dog... I love getting the 15 year old next door drunk, and..." There are too many people here that spend too much time trying to figure out ways to get around the rules, and disecting them to weasle their way around them. What's the big deal with expecting decency out of people, even on the net? I hate to break it to people, but the Internet isn't this mythical "place" that people think it is. It's strictly a means of communication. It's a glorified, high-tech telephone, and I'm through with the "prank calls" and "telemarketing", that people excuse, just because it's "the Net".

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No but alot of chat rooms in cyber have REPORT buttons if someone is ofended. CB didn't sya something offensive supposedly. She mentioned the other site supposedly. My point is she didn't say have sex w/yr dog, or yell at gay people...she mentioned something.

Last edited:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
No but alot of chat rooms in cyber have REPORT buttons if someone is ofended. CB didn't sya something offensive supposedly. She mentioned the other site supposedly. My point is she didn't say have sex w/yr dog, or yell at gay people...she mentioned something.
I'm not really making much of a connection to my post.

Your post that I responded to, mentions nothing of CB's case. It's a statement about the unfettered and unmonitored use of the chatroom. My response, also makes no mention of her, but is strictly about the general accountability of people online, and in particular, in the LPSG chatroom. I'm not delving into a discussion on her particulars.

As for the "REPORT" button... Big Rob loves messing around with the "bells and whistles", so you might want to submit a feature request to him.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's a question: what if someone online or apaper had written an article about sites like LPSG and the other one and NJQT posted a link to it...would she then be banned b/c THAT title was mentioned and she linked to it?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was kinda trying to put the two things together as one leads to the other in this case. That's all.
Again, I'm not going to dive into her case, and I'm sure that you have far more details than I do, but it's my understanding that the banning was over a PM. So, again, I'm not seeing the connection to that, and an un-Mod'ed chatroom.

Here's a question: what if someone online or apaper had written an article about sites like LPSG and the other one and NJQT posted a link to it...would she then be banned b/c THAT title was mentioned and she linked to it?
Again...
...There are too many people here that spend too much time trying to figure out ways to get around the rules, and dissecting them to weasle their way around them...
:wink:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Again, I'm not going to dive into her case, and I'm sure that you have far more details than I do, but it's my understanding that the banning was over a PM. So, again, I'm not seeing the connection to that, and an un-Mod'ed chatroom.

Again...:wink:

That was the LAST banning...again unfair....IMHO.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
...I haven't checked that, but member size matters in any natural listings...
It should be clear to everyone now, that as things stand, the other place is completely censored at this site. It may be that I am in trouble for answering your question and pointing that last point out. :rolleyes:
When DW is BANNED, will it be permanent???:biggrin1:

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
When DW is BANNED, will it be permanent???:biggrin1:

Searching that phrase does not find anything for that site - not in the first 1000 or so results anyway!

Thing is, as with any censorship, people are just going to pass the info on in private - in the PM system here probably, or offsite on YIM etc. - making the site unmentionable in public does nothing to stop the membership here finding out about it. Rob is entitled to do as he sees fit and I'll respect his rules but I question his judgement on this one - that site is no threat whatsoever to this one and banning mention of it only serves to make it (seem) more interesting to those who would otherwise not give a damn.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Are you trying to get banned, Jenn?

I know you were talking about leaving but really - isn't walking away and having the self control to stay away a bit more dignified?

Mods - perhaps you could see your way clear to just deleting Jenn's post and not the entire thread.
Edit: thanks :smile:

-MB (who is more than a little bemused and somewhat tired of it all)

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks, Jen!
The whole banning over an unnamed site, literally as it apparently was just referred to, is lame, btw. The fact no one in charge has entered this thread to clarify the fundamental problem of lack of clarification on this issue proves it is based on some sort of shaky, indefensible logic or caprice. It is also cowardly, but that's another issue. :smile:

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you trying to get banned, Jenn?

I know you were talking about leaving but really - isn't walking away and having the self control to stay away a bit more dignified?

Mods - perhaps you could see your way clear to just deleting Jenn's post and not the entire thread.
Edit: thanks :smile:

-MB (who is more than a little bemused and somewhat tired of it all)

What is undignified about posting the link to another website?

See my porcine friend? My dignity is intact. Though with the posts I've made over the years, it's not the first time I've been accused of being undignified. Not that the police won't come and edit it out in a few minutes anyway. I don't blame the mods, they have to do what they have to do. I just think it's ridiculous. The site- that -must not- be- named has been going on for the whole time I've been here. Who gives a flying fuck what anyone over there says about this site? Maybe a handful of people? I am surprised at you MB for giving me shit for it. Oh and here's a link someone sent me to post, I wonder who had their hand in this?

http://www.dinkzone.com/lpsg/

Last edited by a moderator:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Don't give me that guff, Jenn - you know that's not what I'm talking about. I just find the whole 'fall on my sword because I want to stop posting at a big cock website but can't' a bit, well, weak.

But maybe that's not why you did it - which is why I asked "Are you trying to get banned?"

B_4inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While that other site is certainly nothing more than hate pit its pretty ridiculous to ban people for even mentioning it. There have been and will be far and away more taboo subjects on this site so this really boils down to banning people over personal issues and not a broader sense of civility. Doing this only gives them credibility (though anyone with any sense of decency after spending a few minutes there will never want to return except for a laugh or two possibly) which they really dont deserve.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
To address novie's question, CB was not banned for a post or a pm. She was banned for saying, in chat, to another member that the reason she hadn't been posting here as much lately as she had in the past was because she'd been spending more time lately at __________ . She mentioned it. She was not, she told me, "directing" people there. She was not disparaging lpsg or its members. She did not realize that the mere mention of the name of the site in an impermanent way would have resulted in her banning or she would not have done it as she values her membership too highly to have jeopardized it in that manner.

I continue to feel that this ban is unfair and undeserved and hope that the decision will be reconsidered.