Why was Ellen so horrible to Idol's recent mentor, Harry?

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Did anyone else notice that everytime it was Ellen's time to give her opinion on a contestant's performance, she made a cynical comment on the piano brought by Harry? First she said there was a pitching problem, then she said she wondered whose idea was it to bring piano on the stage, and then she said she never thought the piano was such a good idea and a distraction.

I lost respect to this judge after she did that because Harry for me, had been a good and generous mentor for the contestants. The Harry guy finally got upset and said, "You stop it right now!" when Ellen was giving opinion on Lee's performance.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ellen and Harry Connick Jr are both from New Orleans and are old friends, it was all put on for the camera :smile:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It was obviously an injoke between them. He was biting at her later on too.

If she really didn't like somebody she wouldn't make it that obvious!

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
God, some people need to lighten up. Recognize HUMOR.... lopo2000, you must be the type of person that always thinks others are talking about you.... It was joking between them, DUH !!!!

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ohh, okay then. After watching the results episode, I figured out they were joking. Sorry for the thread.

And especially sorry to theotherJJ for making it so easy for you to blurt out that character analysis that I am a person who always thinks others are talking about me. I just couldn't see how from Ellen issue, you could conclude that I'm a paranoid freak. You must be very happy in life.

Last edited:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ellen and Harry Connick Jr are both from New Orleans and are old friends, it was all put on for the camera :smile:
Agreed.

She was kidding. :rolleyes:
Wait, they were showing the birthing of kid goats on AmId? Was there a contestant singing about the 4H club? :confused:

I don't like American Idol. However i love Ellen. I do watch her show if i get a chance. She just comes across as a nice person. I can't see her being mean to anyone. Harry and Ellen are very good friends. Here is one of a few clips from her show when Harry was on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hu09Vo8JCg
What Mr.Snakey says.

I absolutely adooooooooooooooooooooore Ellen and her wonderful sense of humor, can't deal with AmId, only watched a few parts of episodes last year (Lambert/What's his name) while medically incarcerated as I awaited the 10 p.m. news.

Ellen has an often subtle humor, and parts are also made through facial expressions and body gestures. A treasure we have, surrounded by a vast array of mundane 'comics'.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't watch American Idol, but it must have a been a joke that you just didn't get.

However, there is no need for the drama queens on here to jump all over you.

Ohh, okay then. After watching the results episode, I figured out they were joking. Sorry for the thread.

And especially sorry to theotherJJ for making it so easy for you to blurt out that character analysis that I am a person who always thinks others are talking about me. I just couldn't see how from Ellen issue, you could conclude that I'm a paranoid freak. You must be very happy in life.