Why was Hung Muscle banned?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
This is a surprising one.
Actually, astonishing.
Makes me wonder once again if having more than one account should be regarded as that grievous an offence.

Preach it, brothah... I'm starting to wonder if the intended purpose and actual use of the 2nd (3rd...) account(s) should be looked at before a banning is handed out. But then maybe that IS what happened here. He did get a warning in April after all.

I sincerely appreciate that prep is being upfront and answering questions about the whys of the banning. IMO, it's a step in the right direction.

Seconded (well actually 4th'd or 5th'd at this stage). Thanks, prep - and I assume you had the consent of the others so, thanks, others.

IMO, multiple identities really isn't a problem to me unless someone is using them to hurt people or somehow undermine the operation of the site. For harmless games and trying on different personas, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Again, I find myselves agreeing with you two. :rolleyes::wink:

No, seriously. I understand the whole DMW affair left a lot of people reeling - but that does not appear to be the reason the majority of people have multiple logins. Maybe it needs some rethinking and some qualifying.

I just want to let you know, unabashedly in front of of the entire interweb, that Ella Fitzgerald will always be "The Queen of Scat". :cool:

What do-be-do-be-skiddley-doo you mean?

craziness!

i would have never suspected a guy like him.
he seemed like a cool guy.

He was a nice guy - I didn't interact with him regularly but he always came across well. I'm guessing he didn't use 2ndry accounts to praise himself or troll people - but that is just a guess. Hung, if you're reading this, you'll be missed.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Since he got a warning and knew what was going on, it sounds like a suicide banning like NIN160IQ.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I sincerely appreciate that prep is being upfront and answering questions about the whys of the banning. IMO, it's a step in the right direction.

I agree. I know HM personally and knew nothing of the multiple accounts. I also agree that prep being honest about the chronology helps us understand how the decision are was made. Without that information, many posters would have been very upset, including me.

Prep: is it possible to know what all his accounts were, so that we may fully understand the pattern? I feel that this would also help us find returning banned members in the future.

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
so I wonder if someone lives with other people that want a seperate account, would it be impossible then to do it. You'd all have to share the same account

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
No - that, deno, is specifically not allowed. If more than one LPSG user lives in the same house / regularly uses the same connection all they need to do is let the mods know. It is fairly obvious when it is the same person and when it is two different people. Look at CB and Mr Ed - they have very different posting styles but post from the same IP, and N_S and merc, HollyBlue and Artful. Clearly distinct people sharing IPs. No hassle.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I wish I bought the rationale for multiple accounts, but I don't quite get it. :dunno:

Personally, it's just one other identity to keep up with and I'm already complicated mentally enough as is.

Now, I'm DeeBlackthorne on here, but I'm DeeBlackthorne on a bunch of other different sites as well. Suppose there are things I talk about of specific interest on here that I don't want someone accidentally Googling to drudge up later (e.g. searching for my screen name), I would create a different SN for those different sites. That way, I could indulge getting beaten with a raw porkchop as "MangoChutney." Here, if I believed that something was a little too raw or dicey to disclose on here, I just wouldn't bring it up. I'd find a different outlet in a different venue where it might be more appropriate.

I believe for the most part that LPSG is a pretty open-minded place. You can have plenty of differences of opinion on a lot of issues; you can be different; you can salivate over cocks. Are there assholes here? Of course. They're everywhere online. I just think it's easy enough to sidestep them or block them or whatever. If you want to change your username, I think that's a good option that has been exercised before. And if you don't want to make your life an open book, by all means, that's your right too.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I wish I knew how to multi-quote (yeah, I know about the button, but somehow it won't "take" for me). Could someone pm me and tell me how?

Anyway, many wise and wonderful things being said. I really appreciate the mods letting us know why the ban was put into effect. The "no explanation" policy was way too Big Brother for me. And mem is right. If he was warned, it was suicidal. You pays yer money, you takes yer chances. Although I also agree with whomever it was who thought that there are times where people might want to discuss things not connected with their real personality here, especially once they are known. At some point there is no possibility of anonymity. But frankly, I don't really have a problem with the idea of multiple accounts although I can't imagine why anyone would expend the effort to really maintain them. If one is used to harrass someone, it would end up being banned anyway, right? Just sayin'

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well, as someone who always contacted me behind the scenes when he thought someone was a fake, a troll, or just plain fishy, he always acted as someone who was looking out for the good of the site. So, I have to say that I'm a bit more than blown away by this. I also have to ask that if anyone who says that they're NOT surprised chatted with him much, or knew him that well. Really? You're not at all surprised, when people who knew him personally have been blind-sided?

There's currently some strangeness in his profile. Usually the "contact info" is left intact, but the gallery gets deleted when the ban is permanent. When it's a temp-ban, the gallery is left in place. In H_M's case, the contact info is gone (???), and the gallery is still up. Mods? :confused:

Another Mod question, that I don't think I've ever seen answered. How accurate is the IP monitoring, as a detection method. I know that there are at least 2 couples on here that both members have accounts, and would presumably show up at the same IP. Also, what if you're on a shared wireless network, or any larger NAT'ed network, where all accounts from within that net would publicly show up as one IP?

OH, and lastly, YES!!! I absolutely appreciate prep's openness!!! :kiss:

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Seems to me,if persons desire multiple accounts,then maybe they can be allowed to have such
.......provided
1 - they register as such,so that all lpsg members are aware who/what they are about
2 - they are fully paid members for each account...helps paid memberships for the site
Solves a few issues/no one gets banned/many may...be happy
-also Thanks to the mod Prep fr enlightning all,may such be ongoing'
enz

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Seems to me,if persons desire multiple accounts,then maybe they can be allowed to have such
.......provided
1 - they register as such,so that all lpsg members are aware who/what they are about

Then what would be the point in the 2nd ID? And pray tell how you keep such a large (and shifting) membership informed.

2 - they are fully paid members for each account...helps paid memberships for the site

BS - it is allowed or it isn't.

Last edited: