Why was MickeyLee banned?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's pathetic that the White House, chock full of professional politicians with careers on the line, are willing to acknowledge a gross and unjust knee-jerk overreaction to an artificially inflated "breach" of propriety, including a swift public apology and offer to make amends; while the largely anonymous and personally uninvested staff here remain pusillanimously silent regarding their very similar blunder.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
It's pathetic that the White House, chock full of professional politicians with careers on the line, are willing to acknowledge a gross and unjust knee-jerk overreaction to an artificially inflated "breach" of propriety, including a swift public apology and offer to make amends; while the largely anonymous and personally uninvested staff here remain pusillanimously silent regarding their very similar blunder.
What do you expect to achieve with all this?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What do you expect to achieve with all this?

Aside from some pretty healthy venting (never a bad thing), I think he (and many other members, myself included) would like to see ML's membership re-instated and some sort of acknowledgment of over-reaction on the part of the mods.admins.

Remember when DC_DEEP was banned? Eventually a retraction and apology was posted (along with, if I remember correctly, an invite to be a mod). Lightning can occasionally strike twice in the same spot.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Remember when DC_DEEP was banned? Eventually a retraction and apology was posted (along with, if I remember correctly, an invite to be a mod). Lightning can occasionally strike twice in the same spot.

How do you know that the two cases are similar?
I mean this very seriously.
Have you heard all the facts that the mods had to take into account when making their decision?
When I was a mod, it was a constant frustration, knowing that some vehement discussion on the board was turning on a set of assumptions that all the mods knew had no part in a particular deliberation.
That may be good or bad; we can have, once again, a discussion on how much secrecy should surround the deliberations in the mods' hall.
But given that those deliberations are, now, more or less secret ... we can't really assess the reasoning behind most decisions.
Often very particular facts are brought to the attention of the mods that are invisible from almost any other vantage point.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Aside from some pretty healthy venting (never a bad thing), I think he (and many other members, myself included) would like to see ML's membership re-instated and some sort of acknowledgment of over-reaction on the part of the mods.admins.
This would be a good beginning, though I feel personally the lot of them are a fractious group of inept moderators who have clearly demonstrated they lack any sense of leadership and cannot effectively wield control. They should all be tossed out and replaced, and they should have absolutely zero input on who next shoulders the responsibility.

Bbucko said:
Lightning can occasionally strike twice in the same spot.
I hope you can hold your breath a long time, UB.

Often very particular facts are brought to the attention of the mods that are invisible from almost any other vantage point.
I'm fairly sick of this egg-sucking lapdog apologist bullshit. The facts here aren't in question. There's no big mystery, no secret interpretive deliberations. It's an utter failure on their part to be impartial and objective. End of story. The only remaining question is whether they will display the integrity required to admit to their error and make restitution.

Waaaah, they have it so hard...waaah, it's a thankless job. Boo-hoo, cry me a fucking river. Stop hyperinflating the significance of what these people do. It's moderation of a public adult discussion forum, not protection of national security secrets.

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
I have just a few quick comments on what I've read so far:

1. If my presence at a sight resulted in many good, long-time members getting banned, I'd leave.
  2. Mikeylee could have went to the other site in question and posted a bunch of crap about the mods as others have done before after getting banned. Instead, she remained peaceful and civil as usual. She's a wonderful person and I'm sure that we'll all miss her wit and chutzpah.
  3. The panda in question has every opportunity to enter this discussion and ask for less divisiveness between his supporters and detractors. That has yet to happen.
  4. Banning people for referring to that site in any way seems to draw more attention to it, which I presume is unwanted by the powers that be here.
  5. I see no mention of any "heads up" or warnings in MickeyLee's banning announcement. The reason usually reads something like: "continued harassment despite multiple warnings and heads up".
  6. There is too much vagueness in the ToS and, because of this, it's difficult to follow. Which sites can we and can we not refer to? What is regarded as harassment? Why do some people get multiple warnings/heads up/bannings while others do not? Maybe the ToS can give examples of what we can and cannot do?

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'm fairly sick of this egg-sucking lapdog apologist bullshit. The facts here aren't in question.
How do you know?
Stop hyperinflating the significance of what these people do. It's moderation of a public adult discussion forum, not protection of national security secrets.
Typical ...
I'm not hyperinflating anything.
If you don't know all the facts behind their deliberations, you can't assess the fairness or lack of same.
This would be just as true in a sandbox as in any CIA safe house.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How do you know that the two cases are similar?
I mean this very seriously.

There's a superficial family resemblance between the two cases. In each case something was taken out of context and elevated to the point of banning a member when there were no clear violations of the ToS.

Time and an occasionally cloudy memory prevent me from rattling off all the specifics of the DC_DEEP case, except that, at the time, it was so very controversial as to have caused several posters, myself included, to take a principled stand and cease contributing to LPSG for a period of time.

Have you heard all the facts that the mods had to take into account when making their decision?

I'm going to have to presume that this is a rhetorical question, as we both know that I have no great insight into how LPSG is moderated. I was drawing what I felt was a fair comparison as I explained above. But you know as well as I that the moderation process, though much more open than at the time DC_DEEP was banned, remains obscure to the membership, hence all these Why Was [...] Banned? threads.

When I was a mod, it was a constant frustration, knowing that some vehement discussion on the board was turning on a set of assumptions that all the mods knew had no part in a particular deliberation.
That may be good or bad; we can have, once again, a discussion on how much secrecy should surround the deliberations in the mods' hall.
But given that those deliberations are, now, more or less secret ... we can't really assess the reasoning behind most decisions.

The first paragraph seems to be missing a key word or phrase, but what I'm reading is that it is frustrating for a mod when certain decisions are presumed by the membership to have been thoroughly vetted and debated when such was/is not always the case. If that's what you meant, it no doubt is enormously frustrating.

In the case of DC_DEEP's banning, it was eventually disclosed that the decision was done unilaterally. Again, my memory's kinda cloudy on this, but I do recall that a mod stepped forward with a mea culpa and DC's membership was restored.

I have no way of knowing for certain if ML's banning was similarly decided, though I think that it's been pretty clearly been determined that no actual links or identification of the site that shall not be named were made. And I cannot understand using one's own words can justify the label "harassment", but harassment has a somewhat nebulous definition for some more than for others, so I can accept that such was the explanation for ML's banning without finding it reasonable in the least.

In light of my very limited knowledge of how the moderation decisions are ultimately handed down, I have no idea what discussion amongst which mods led to the banning; neither do you, as you state above. But it did seem to happen very quckly, almost spontaneously, at least from my angle here in the cheap seats.

Of this I have no doubt whatsoever, and I can only hope that there was some amount of intel that factored heavily into the decision to ban ML, because on the face of it, it looks unjust.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How do you know?
I have the screenshots she posted to her profile album.

Hhuck said:
If you don't know all the facts behind their deliberations, you can't assess the fairness or lack of same.
There was nothing to deliberate. Res ipsa loquitur, as one of our pseudo-erudite members tried to say earlier. Furthermore, it doesn't require a great deal of deduction to examine the penalty she was issued (the most severe possible) and realize there is simply nothing in evidence to warrant it. But you go right on ahead and keep defending their cowardly behavior as somehow possibly misunderstood, lapdog.

What is clear, however, is that the group lacks any sense of principled direction. The single most important question that should lie at the focus of every decision made is to ask seems missing: How is this in the best interest of the site and its membership?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I have the screenshots she posted to her profile album.

There was nothing to deliberate. Res ipsa loquitur, as one of our pseudo-erudite members tried to say earlier. Furthermore, it doesn't require a great deal of deduction to examine the penalty she was issued (the most severe possible) and realize there is simply nothing in evidence to warrant it. But you go right on ahead and keep defending their cowardly behavior as somehow possibly misunderstood, lapdog.

What is clear, however, is that the group lacks any sense of principled direction. The single most important question that should lie at the focus of every decision made is to ask seems missing: How is this in the best interest of the site and its membership?
What do you expect to achieve with all this? If anybody's hyperinflating things, it's you.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
There's a superficial family resemblance between the two cases. In each case something was taken out of context and elevated to the point of banning a member when there were no clear violations of the ToS.

Yes, there is a family resemblance. A superficial one.
Whether there's a deeper one is hard to know.
My entire point ...

The first paragraph seems to be missing a key word or phrase, but what I'm reading is that it is frustrating for a mod when certain decisions are presumed by the membership to have been thoroughly vetted and debated when such was/is not always the case. If that's what you meant, it no doubt is enormously frustrating.

No, and I apologize if I was unclear.
I meant simply that the set of facts that the membership at large think must have formed the basis of a decision may actually be a rather poor match to what the mods were really looking at.

In the case of DC_DEEP's banning, it was eventually disclosed that the decision was done unilaterally. Again, my memory's kinda cloudy on this, but I do recall that a mod stepped forward with a mea culpa and DC's membership was restored.

Something like that.
I have my own sense of what happened, and it basically turned simply on the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing, as can happen anywhere. But such errors have to be put right, and it was.
No malice at all.

I have no way of knowing for certain if ML's banning was similarly decided, though I think that it's been pretty clearly been determined that no actual links or identification of the site that shall not be named were made.

We know that some others on the board did not see such links.
But even that is not final proof.
I'm just pointing this out ... not making a case.

And I cannot understand using one's own words can justify the label "harassment", but harassment has a somewhat nebulous definition for some more than for others, so I can accept that such was the explanation for ML's banning without finding it reasonable in the least.

I myself posted that I too found this odd.

In light of my very limited knowledge of how the moderation decisions are ultimately handed down, I have no idea what discussion amongst which mods led to the banning; neither do you, as you state above. But it did seem to happen very quckly, almost spontaneously, at least from my angle here in the cheap seats.

I would have to agree, but I would put stress on the ignorance in which we both, necessarily, swim in this matter ... which you mention.

Of this I have no doubt whatsoever, and I can only hope that there was some amount of intel that factored heavily into the decision to ban ML, because on the face of it, it looks unjust.

As far as I know, she had no enemies at all on the mod board, and that's a large part of why I assume (without knowing) that there was some intel that we don't know about.
But I'm guessing.

But you go right on ahead and keep defending their cowardly behavior as somehow possibly misunderstood, lapdog.

What would be cowardly about the action of the mods?
As for your insults ... well ....
(I will say that I wish your intellect and your level of maturity were in better balance.)

Sounds good, but without the full perspective of the mods, you can't know if this question even touches this case.
This is not a deep point, but it's unanswerable.
And no doubt futile.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The panda in question has every opportunity to enter this discussion and ask for less divisiveness between his supporters and detractors. That has yet to happen.

As far as I can tell, he has stopped posting. Everybody has seen his true colors, so he ran with his tail tucked between his legs:rolleyes:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As far as I can tell, he has stopped posting. Everybody has seen his true colors, so he ran with his tail tucked between his legs:rolleyes:

Luka is back and he is well loved by many people. Me being one of them. I'm glad the person baiting him is no longer able to do so. I enjoy Luka immensely, he's a warm, funny, witty guy. My guess is that most of his mates here don't feel the need to argue about this issue since the mods did their job. If you don't like him, put him on ignore. Or keep slagging him off if that's the kind of person you are.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Luka is back and he is well loved by many people. Me being one of them. I'm glad the person baiting him is no longer able to do so. I enjoy Luka immensely, he's a warm, funny, witty guy. My guess is that most of his mates here don't feel the need to argue about this issue since the mods did their job. If you don't like him, put him on ignore. Or keep slagging him off if that's the kind of person you are.

I think a lot of blood went to your head too fast in that ridiculous upside down pose, sweetie:rolleyes: I don't engage him much in the first place. I think that may be the first time ever I've pronounced my opinion on that matter.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think a lot of blood went to your head too fast in that ridiculous upside down pose, sweetie:rolleyes: I don't engage him much in the first place. I think that may be the first time ever I've pronounced my opinion on that matter.

No need to get bitchy TomCat. I'm just defending a friend from a lot of crap that people seem to be talking at the moment.

Did anyone understand this? :confused:

That's a bit unkind, man. :frown1:

:smile: