Why was Mlle Rouge banned?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, I've read the Mod Actions entry on it.

I'm not posting this thread to be obstinate or antagonistic...in light of this latest long-time user smiting, I'd like some clarification on what constitutes bannable behavior, and I doubt I'm alone in this feeling.

From the members' viewpoint, it appears she has been banned for sardonically wishing Luka a happy 12th birthday. How would this be construed as "baiting" him? I can see how it's snarky, but given that I've long considered the user in question to be an insipid fool, I can also see how it's apt. So where is the line that was crossed? Right now, it honestly appears to me that she's being spanked for not being on board someone's lovetrain circling this inane little character.

Are we now not permitted to be snarky to imbeciles we don't want to suffer?

If this is what you're going for, it ain't never gonna happen.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
We're getting very specific in our punishments now. Hmmmm.

Nick4444 - disruption of politics forum changes thread - temp ban from politics forum one week
VinylBoy - disruption of politics forum changes thread - temp ban from politics forum one week
Tomcat84 - disruption of politics forum changes thread - temp ban from politics forum one week
Maxcok - disruption of politics forum changes thread - temp ban from politics forum one week

Mademoiselle Rouge - continued baiting of Luka - temp ban one week
rozzmurri - spammer

Last edited:

It seems odd that you should be posting this, HG, given your current avatar.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We're getting awfully specific in our punishments now.

...disruption of politics forum changes thread...

No, that one is pretty clear. The admin gave fair warning in that very thread that there would be penalties for dragging the usual back-and-forth into that particular discussion.

It seems odd that you should be posting this, HG, given your current avatar.
You're entitled to your opinion, of course...but this isn't about me.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I have discussed this at length with MR given recent events and certain people being determined to assume it was for something it wasn't (which is also why I edited the mod action file to be more specific in this case)

There were events prior to the post you mention HG which contributed to the action being taken, which for the usual reasons I'm not going into. She understands the situation however, and is moderately happy to know it isn't as some are making out.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks, A...but while I understand there are contributory factors to which I'm not privy, my question remains.

How are the regular members to interpret this sanction so that we might not fall afoul of the same situation? I'd like to think this wasn't some retaliatory action on behalf of a favored member or some similarly monstrous conspiracy theory...that there's a lesson to be learned here...but damned if I can ascertain what that might be?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes, I've read the Mod Actions entry on it.

I'm not posting this thread to be obstinate or antagonistic...in light of this latest long-time user smiting, I'd like some clarification on what constitutes bannable behavior, and I doubt I'm alone in this feeling.

From the members' viewpoint, it appears she has been banned for sardonically wishing Luka a happy 12th birthday. How would this be construed as "baiting" him? I can see how it's snarky, but given that I've long considered the user in question to be an insipid fool, I can also see how it's apt. So where is the line that was crossed? Right now, it honestly appears to me that she's being spanked for not being on board someone's love train circling this inane little character.

Well, I have been in a similar situation. My sister called me and left a birthday message on my answering machine...she sang me the usual Happy Birthday song but with her improvised lyrics. Wished me a happy 40th...but proceeded to tell me that I really didn't look like I was 40...that much.:rolleyes:

So I sent her some birthday gifts to her workplace. Wishing her a Happy 69th Birthday on the mailing label. :)wink:She isn't 69. I just pulled that number out of the aether.:wink:). That beyotch was angry at me. She called me the day she got the package. But then I informed her that it was all in fun like her birthday message that she left on my answering machine was.

And I said "IMAGINE: if you had just left a normal HAPPY BIRTHDAY song...you wouldn't be so upset now...you would have your gifts and a mailing label wishing you just a simple Happy Birthday. You started it and I just rolled with it. Now you are upset and it didn't have to be."

Now my sister hates me. :biggrin1:

Moral: Don't wish someone a Happy Birthday and have their age substantially lower or higher than their real age. You can piss them off either way.
(Women sometimes do some shady cut downs.) And also do not on their birthday, say a shady cut-down about their age.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Thanks, A...but while I understand there are contributory factors to which I'm not privy, my question remains.

How are the regular members to interpret this sanction so that we might not fall afoul of the same situation? I'd like to think this wasn't some retaliatory action on behalf of a favored member or some similarly monstrous conspiracy theory...that there's a lesson to be learned here...but damned if I can ascertain what that might be?

How about this for the lesson then (not meant to sound bitchy, just trying to help while sticking to the rules)...

If there is a known issue between yourself and another member, and you've recently been spoken to about it, be careful not to say anything that could be interpreted as baiting, or trying to continue said issues while remaining under the radar so that they step over the line? (something we see far too bloody often in politics for example)

To address the issue of being specific within the mod action thread (since I'm being asked via PM too) No it is not to become the norm, in MOST cases it should be down to the banned member to decide if they wish to give specifics, however in this case, MR specifically requested that it be edited so that people didn't assume it was in connection to something else and given those "other things" I saw no harm in following said request in the hopes of reducing gossip.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I never realised he was that old :eek:

Only joking, I love me my Luka :smlove2:, everyone should have one.

PS - thanks for the link HG, great wank fodder whilst MR is away.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What you're upset about is no preferential/lenient treatment of longstanding members.

I can see why that would upset some people and to be honest I feel a little uneasy about MR's banning too.

But it seems that the moderators have a 'one rule for all' (technically several rules, laid out in the ToS).

Which you can't say isn't fair. And fair is better than unfair.

The mods to appear to be more hardline now and I think a few months ago people would have got away with a lot more. But "whatever".

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I dont see what people's issue with the banning is. Whatever Luka did she would pounce on. He didnt exactly shy away from the confrontation, but the group from chat did get flak from MR needlessly for months. Maybe she just wanted to be part of the group i dont know, but arguing with Luka is pretty pointless. Whether you fond him annoying or not, you cant win.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This new Stepford Wives version of LPSG really sucks. When you could argue and call someone an asshole i(f that was your opinion of them) was what made this place interesting. This is not a classroom or a courtroom where you should be forced to be on good behavior. The only shining point is that I don't care. They have changed this place so much that most of the interesting people left, or were banned. This place used to be exciting and interesting on an hourly basis, now it feels like I can visit for a whole week and not feel the need to post. Congrats, you got it under control, but you ruined it to do so.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
This is not a classroom or a courtroom where you should be forced to be on good behavior.

Caveat- I like MR so this isn't a comment on her.

But you're right it's not a classroom or courtroom, that doesn't mean that adults should regress to the level of highschool kids and loose their manners and all sense of perspective.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When I got a PM warning from a mod about something which I didn't realize had been offensive, I publicly apologized. MR didn't do that, did she? Nor did she cease and desist.

Only one week is a very gentle ban.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If there is a known issue between yourself and another member, and you've recently been spoken to about it, be careful not to say anything that could be interpreted as baiting, or trying to continue said issues while remaining under the radar so that they step over the line?
I can understand that in principle...but you're seriously telling us that a sarcastic quip about someone's age crosses that line into banworthy territory? That just seems very draconian to me, particularly when the persona at issue is decidedly childish.

PS - thanks for the link HG, great wank fodder whilst MR is away.
Anytime...Leslie is spanktastic.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I can understand that in principle...but you're seriously telling us that a sarcastic quip about someone's age crosses that line into banworthy territory? That just seems very draconian to me, particularly when the persona at issue is decidedly childish.

(Team opinion, not individual)

If I were to call you a child in some way, then no I'd probably not be banned for it, likewise if I were to call Patchos a bucket cunt I probably wouldn't, as we have no negative history between us and we've always appeared to be on friendly terms. I however do have recent history with a specific member and if I were to say the same to them, I'd expect to not be finding my way here for a good week or more.

It's all about context and history. What seems very innocent on the surface can be seen very differently behind the scenes when read along with the reports and any recent actions taken.

I hope that makes sense?