Why was Mlle Rouge banned?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I got a PM warning from a mod about something which I didn't realize had been offensive, I publicly apologized. MR didn't do that, did she? Nor did she cease and desist.

Only one week is a very gentle ban.

That's the problem now. You can't say what's on your mind because you don't know what is allowed here anymore.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
That's the problem now. You can't say what's on your mind because you don't know what is allowed here anymore.
You are wrong. She said whats on her mind about Luka. Issue is, she did it constantly and hounded him on every thread he started.

She had a right to an opinion to him and said it publically, he has the right to exist as he wants, which he did.

You cant expect it to be OK for Luka, or any member, to start a thread on anything and have it turned into a slanging match by someone that doesnt like them.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Even though I promised myself I shall not be posting in this thread, I must do some explaining and following OP`s example, I shall choose my words!
There is only one rule I follow about banned members-If I don`t have anything nice to say about him/her I will NOT comment on his/her ban. Bannings are hard to deal with, and if I can`t support the banee, I will not make fun of him/her. And I have no intention of breaking that rule.
Lemon addressed the issue of "chat group". There is no secret about it. LPSG chat is not a myth. Everyone is invited to participate, everyone can say things they like, but the TOS is still applied. There are people who enjoy this room more than some, there are people who enjoy chatting more than posting, I for one am one of them. I wake up in the morning with a huge coffee pot and I chat, and YES, I do spend a lot of time in chat! It`s a happy place, for EVERYONE! There are some faces, some vaginas and some dicks you see more often then other and in time talking to them little by little you start considering them friends! Is that a bad thing???? You and your friends participate in OPEN conversations, yes, sometimes you whisper, try to hide a thing or two, but mostly you lead an open conversation that everyone can see, and everyone can be part of. God knows I had bad days, some things hit you like a lightning, you walk into the room and you project the negativity on people who piss you off without a reason. I would like to think that doesn`t happen to me often, and I have no problem saying later-Hey, I am sorry, I made a mistake! After all we are all humans. My point is-there is no "chat group of wolves here" there are people who get along well, better than some other people. If there were such a group, then there wouldn`t be one, there would be many. Everyone can be a LPSG chatter only if he/she wishes to be!
P.S. Lemon I understood your post complitely and I know what you ment, I just tried to explain that this room is nothing to be scared of and that all should participate. Even though you have not implied any differently.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's all about context and history. What seems very innocent on the surface can be seen very differently behind the scenes when read along with the reports and any recent actions taken.

I hope that makes sense?

Only in principle. I still don't see how a pithy quip about someone's age trips the ban trigger, no matter what context you try to view it in. What I'm gathering from this is that if you've been reported and warned for "harassing" or "baiting" some poor defenseless individual, you are thence effectively forbidden from speaking to or about them at all.

Lest I sound argumentative, as is not my intent, I do appreciate you trying to explain it..

Right on the nail's head, and the reason I opened this thread. This site is supposed to be populated by adults, but there seems to be a whiny bunch of tattle-tales who revel in calling on a nanny to whimsically smack people's knuckles when their little world gets upset.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Only in principle. I still don't see how a pithy quip about someone's age trips the ban trigger, no matter what context you try to view it in. What I'm gathering from this is that if you've been reported and warned for "harassing" or "baiting" some poor defenseless individual, you are thence effectively forbidden from speaking to or about them at all.

Lest I sound argumentative, as is not my intent, I do appreciate you trying to explain it..

It's a long and difficult situation for all involved, and I don't expect people to understand because I can't give all the details to explain it. I've had run ins with several members that I speak with on a regular basis here, as I'm sure most of us have and it all comes down to the specifics and what each individual has or hasn't done, the time scales involved and countless other things.

Some issues just go on for such a long time and are thrown up with such regularity that when something more public comes of it, it's extremely hard for anyone to understand it. I hope that future changes will resolve some of that (I'm not being helpful am I?)

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Right on the nail's head, and the reason I opened this thread. This site is supposed to be populated by adults, but there seems to be a whiny bunch of tattle-tales who revel in calling on a nanny to whimsically smack people's knuckles when their little world gets upset.

If you want a site peopled by mentally ill people who do the equivalent in text of shouting obscenities at eachother and do little else but have foul mouthed slanging matches then there are places that can facilitate you :wink:

If you're saying adults should be allowed to have adult conversations then surely the onus is on the adults concerned to conduct themselves like adults in doing so no? And if they don't then what do you suggest as remedy? Or should all sites on the internet be akin to the freakshow house-of-horrors I described above?

Again, absolutely not a comment on MR merely a comment on what you're saying HG.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
. Whether you fond him annoying or not, you cant win.
What are you hinting at?
This new Stepford Wives version of LPSG really sucks. When you could argue and call someone an asshole i(f that was your opinion of them) was what made this place interesting. This is not a classroom or a courtroom where you should be forced to be on good behavior. The only shining point is that I don't care. They have changed this place so much that most of the interesting people left, or were banned. This place used to be exciting and interesting on an hourly basis, now it feels like I can visit for a whole week and not feel the need to post. Congrats, you got it under control, but you ruined it to do so.
It was more ruined by their continued half moderating. There's a repeated effort not to hold some ever responsible. Even in a recent thread where it said there woudl be harsh sanctions (said by an official of this site) there were none. Moderation as such, might not be a bad thing, the evidence however has always been clear, some members (I won't give names) are handed a much larger lawn to destroy before they are held accountable-and even then they get a wrist slap. Others get one slap and out they go, full ban, never to be seen again. The moderators do not rule with an even hand- although they will all steadfastly deny it.

As to MR, I had a run in with her once; however, she was dignified enough to let it pass after a period of time, that is the measure of the real and true person she is. She won't allow a grudge to weigh her down endlessly. I look forward to her return- that is if she even wants to return after this.

I

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
But you're right it's not a classroom or courtroom, that doesn't mean that adults should regress to the level of highschool kids and loose their manners and all sense of perspective.

Funny, I always thought Luka and his followers excelled at this very thing.

This new Stepford Wives version of LPSG really sucks. When you could argue and call someone an asshole i(f that was your opinion of them) was what made this place interesting. This is not a classroom or a courtroom where you should be forced to be on good behavior. The only shining point is that I don't care. They have changed this place so much that most of the interesting people left, or were banned. This place used to be exciting and interesting on an hourly basis, now it feels like I can visit for a whole week and not feel the need to post. Congrats, you got it under control, but you ruined it to do so.

Agree 100%. Not sure I'd be even bothered enough to type it all though.

Ive just accepted that there's a new era here and it's not one I fit into. Or want to fit into. So I just don't hang around for very long.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

I strongly disagree with this analysis of the characters.

Agree 100%. Not sure I'd be even bothered enough to type it all though.

Ive just accepted that there's a new era here and it's not one I fit into. Or want to fit into. So I just don't hang around for very long.

There is something of a new influence, and I have had the odd shot across my bows :biggrin1:, haven't we all.

I think the rule is that you can play with your friends as much as you like, but only lose it with those you don't like once. Then discover the ignore button if you can't control yourself.

I presume you can attack an idea or opinion as much as you like so long as it doesn't carry over to the person.

And we are allowed to say cunt.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Yeah OK you can make personal comments if you want, I'm not going to argue them because actually I was making a broader point and I like both parties involved. But to be absolutely clear my broader point was not an analysis of either Luka or MR's actions it was a response to what HG was saying.

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ive seen MR baited MANY times recently by certain member/s of a certain clique here. Blatantly so. And very childishly so too. Even bumping threads just to annoy her.

Yet she's the one getting banned? Clearly it's a mistake to stand and fight alone here these days. Kinda makes you vulnerable.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
(I'm not being helpful am I?)
No, not really. :tongue:

I think I'm just disturbed that something so innocuous as her last remark could be viewed as sufficient cause for sanction, regardless of the history between the folks involved.

If you're saying adults should be allowed to have adult conversations then surely the onus is on the adults concerned to conduct themselves like adults in doing so no? And if they don't then what do you suggest as remedy?
That's just it, though, Hilly...rational adults are snarky and sarcastic with one another all the time in the course of normal interaction...without devolving into the unbridled insanity you've alluded to. Someone insinuating that another member is childish is a pretty far cry from the malevolent lunatic parade we've witnessed elsewhere...I really don't see there was any need for "remedy" here, other than to tell whomever reported her to grow the fuck up.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is there someone who can show me in regards to Baiting, that it is a violation of the T.o.S? Perhaps i missed it. However i don't see any mention of the word baiting as a violation.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Is there someone who can show me in regards to Baiting, that it is a violation of the T.o.S? Perhaps i missed it. However i don't see any mention of the word baiting as a violation.

From reading the banned thread it seems to me they just make up new reasons as they go along.

The thread is a comedy read in itself.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From reading the banned thread it seems to me they just make up new reasons as they go along.

The thread is a comedy read in itself.
Oh so you didn't see it either. Ok thanx . I have to add here that Luka is a good friend of mine. If she was bothering him then i'm fine with the ban. The reason given is not a violation. Thats me, i just go by the book.

Last edited: