Why was Mlle Rouge banned?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to agree that baiting as a violation of the TOS seems to be a little murky to me. It doesn't seem to be clear. I've often found that if someone is attacking me, encouraging them to continue can take the wind out of their sails, say by saying, "Oh really? Please, go on." But now that can be interpreted as "baiting" and I suppose it is. Are we just supposed to say nothing at all, like Fleur said?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The way I interpret it is we have to walk on eggshells for fear of being banned. I know I will be posting less. It's getting pretty overboard at this point.
My dear, you hit the nail on the head. I would say at 30% of the membership are simply afraid to post, for fear of being banned. Thats very sad. Many have left in regards to this. I will be posting less not for fear of being banned. This site has become very negative and unfriendly to the members.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How is "the site" becoming anything. It's a cache of webpages on the internet.

If anyone (or any thing) is being "negative" or "unfriendly" surely it's the individuals; the members themselves?

Anyway this is my last post in this thread. There's a void of logic here and I don't want to get sucked in.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes!
We must all conform!
And yet it is not clear what we must conform to.
So everyone just shut up and look at the pictures.

This is my point, it's not that I'm taking it too seriously (as Incocknito suggested might be the case)...it's that I feel like the mods are and due to that feel like any false step, even minor or in jest, could get you banned.

Last edited:

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Conform to the Terms of Service. Conform with basic moral principles.

And who gets to decide what basic moral principles are or are not? I'm not trying to argue, but that is a very very subjective thing, that even philosophers have spent lifetimes failing to figure out, let alone a bunch of people on a big dick website.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How is "the site" becoming anything. It's a cache of webpages on the internet.

If anyone (or any thing) is being "negative" or "unfriendly" surely it's the individuals; the members themselves?
:rolleyes:
You're either being deliberately pedantic or you're astonishingly stupid. Any reasonable person would read Mr. Snakey's post and understand that by saying this site, he was speaking of its members collectively.

Anyway this is my last post in this thread. There's a void of logic here and I don't want to get sucked in.
Good...as that void came in with you, I have every expectation that it will follow your departure.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No one's a bigger fan of the Rouge than I. But this thread is no longer about her. She'll be back soon, and we'll all be happy about that.

As to the expressed concerns re hypervigilant forum moderation having an overly chilling effect on the soul and communication of this site, I say, let things blow over a bit.

I'm a Taoist. The Way will carry us all into the flow. Sometimes the path of least resistance......

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My dear, you hit the nail on the head. I would say at 30% of the membership are simply afraid to post, for fear of being banned. Thats very sad. Many have left in regards to this. I will be posting less not for fear of being banned. This site has become very negative and unfriendly to the members.
From my perspective as a longtime lurker, but relatively new poster, I would have to disagree and assert that it is the negativity and almost endless trolling by certain entrenched members that is the problem here... The moderation staff is actually toeing the line between letting people be people, and keeping the place orderly rather well imo. Up until recently, I literally thought that certain subforums here weren't moderated at all, and that was making me consider leaving the site all together. NOBODY wants to put up with the ramblings of assholes and sociopaths on their leisure time, so discovering that the mods are actually enforcing the rules these days with noticeably improved consistency and regularity has changed my outlook of the place for better.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And note that what I just wrote had nothing to do personally with M Rouge or her situation... She also happens to be one of my favorite people I've encountered here as well, and I have enjoyed the occasional PM convo with her.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At least, I`d say!
Well at first I thought certain members were after my blood, I don`t mind that actually I am big I can take care of myself. I would have ignored it. But THIS isn`t about me, I think some members are trying to use Panda as a tool! Bad members, bad!
And because this is NOT about me, it`s about them-MODS, I`ll have to intevene.
MR and I usually fought in public we didn`t PM each other, so are conversations very mostly public. Not only the things in threads, the chat as well. It came to mods attention.
I have NEVER in my life been warned, WHY??? Because i`m not a shit starter. But when this "situation" became serious, I got a heads up, a warning that if I continue my behaviour it will have it`s consequence.
I guess she received something similar....She chose to ignore it, I haven`t.
This has nothing to do what mod is on my friend`s list, this is about ignoring what they have asked you to do.
Our fights weren`t constructive, they were meaningless, emotional fights.
You all know why she got banned, you are just scared it will happen to you!
And guess what, if the majority of members stick to the rules, the ones who don`t DESERVE to be banned!
If I continued doing what I was, I wouldn`t have had a problem with being banned! But that`s what a person I am. Some would call this Panda brave, some stupid, but remember this Panda is an intellectual!!!!!:):):)
And it has hairy balls!!!:):):)

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And Aconitum you DO make perfect sense. If a fool like me understands I can`t see how certain brainiacs of LPSG don`t ....

the_new_godiva

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Like Luka just mentioned, you do get a warning. What more do you need to know? Say what you want and if you're being bad, you get a slap on the wrist before you get booted out the door.

And if it was so unjust, you can always appeal and hope you have friends in high places.

This is my concern as well...the chilling effect seems to be in full swing lately with all the high-profile sanctions being handed down. The ramifications are undeniable: people with anything edgy to say are less likely to do so, and the overall content of the conversations is diluted down to the silly, trite, and inane...which seems to be the preferred stock in trade of certain members.
I thought things were over the top too, about a month or so ago - but I genuinely think the mods are only trying to contain deliberate harrassment of individual members, rather than trying to clamp down on any edgy or amusing/witty banter.

The spat between certain members and the perceived 'chat clique' seems to generate mainly from an annoyance on once side that we constantly partake in 'stupid or inane threads', and the reciprocal irritation that we're constantly being moaned at for having a light-hearted lark around that doesn't need to bother anyone else.

I personally am very fond of Rouge, but I think the problems come after much patronising criticism of said threads, and then the 'bumping' of those threads as a form of retaliation. Im not sure which started first, tbh - and there are faults from both sides, but I don't see why it cant be resolved amicably. I do know she's immediately attacked now for very little - but the same thing is felt by anyone who posts a topic in support of a member of the chat group.

Also, I don't think there need be a fear for posting anything edgy or controversial, as long as it doesnt constitute a sustained or deliberate harrassment of any individual member. The fact that someone was banned merely for sarcastically posting about a member's age initially seems over the top, but (and I dont know all the details) when viewed in the context of a ongoing feud between the two members - plus the constant accusation that Luka and the rest of us partake in high-school style conversations (that for some reason shouldn't be allowed?), then the comment (and possibly ignoring of warnings that it constituted), and subsequent banning decision would be based, not just on the content of the post in question, but what was behind it, and any violations of agreements to desist in baiting people.

Also, I do think people should stick up for themselves without resorting to constant tale-telling - but, on the other hand, sustained persecution shouldn't be tolerated either and would be a matter for the mods.

The situation in politics forum is different: instead of debating idealogical issues, people would resort to immediate personal attacks on members with different political persuasions, and I think this is what the mods were trying to contain. Maybe not perfectly, but I saw it as an attempt to return it to serious, and edgy debate without immediate collapse into personal mud-slinging.

Last edited by a moderator:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:sigh:

I see Zoe has also been snared in this web of idiocy. Fucking ridiculous.

Joll, you're smoking some seriously adulterated crack if you believe for a second I'll allow anyone else to dictate my presentation or behavior based on their notion of how it "should be."

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Also, I don't think there need be a fear for posting anything edgy or controversial, as long as it doesnt constitute a sustained or deliberate harrassment of any individual member. The fact that someone was banned merely for sarcastically posting about a members age initially seems over the top, but (and I dont know all the details) when viewed in the context of a ongoing feud between the two members - plus the constant accusation that luka and the rest of us partake in high-school style conversations, then the comment (and possibly ignoring of warnings), then the banning decision would be based not just on the content of the post in question, but what was behind it, and any violations of agreements to desist in baiting people.

I think that it does create fear if you can't joke with a person you are at odds with about them being immature. If that was the straw that broke the camels back, then people need to lighten up. Happy 12th birthday, or whatever was said is a snide remark, but it's not vicious or patently offensive, and I find it funny.

I don't know Luka and I don't particularity like or dislike Mlle. Rouge, so I don't have a horse in this race.

Some people in power here were the most outspoken with criticism of this place in the past. Now they remind me of Frankenstein saying "Yes, Master".

I got valuable advice from a Mod once and it was "don't get baited". If someone tries to bait you and you fall for it who's fault is it?