Why was Nealin banned?

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey Aqua, that sounds so worthwhile and a lot of satisfaction given too. I watched a programme a while back with Alan Titchmarsh, where they went to America and i a rundown neighborhood they rebuilt all the dead plots of land and brought the whole community together, they went back a couple of years later and the whole neighborhood was completely changed and even the apartments were tidied. Good for you mate, that deserves respect.

Thanks. The block club members seem so grateful, and I realize that to them it seems like a great thing I'm doing for a neighborhood I'll be leaving next summer. To be honest, for me it's just satisfying a craving. I need to have a garden for my peace of mind and satisfaction. I look at this as a way of putting together something I'd want in my own yard, and the "doing" is something I enjoy. But I am recognizing that the fact that someone is taking the initiative has woken up interest on the block. The layout I planned leaves room for expansion and inclusion of divisions of plants from the gardens of neighbors on the street, and will allow the neighbors to take cuttings and divisions from it for their own yards (after a couple of years). And of my beloved antique roses, I'll hopefully be able to catch a few blooms next year before I leave and find a new spot of land. If anyone off-site wants to see what I ordered, email me at my aol address. My contact info is in my profile.

:)

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Well, here goes...

I moved to Buffalo from Long Island for school. I live off-campus in an apartment on the first floor of a house (no roommates, thankfully...) I was asked by a member of my block club to help them with a proposal to beautify the "park" at the end of the street (a triangle formed at the forking of two streets). Their initial proposal asked for $4k or more, and was put together by a landscaper using many of only a few kinds of full-size plants.

I put something else together using 8 different antique gallica roses and 8 different antique alba roses, along with four pre-planned perennial gardens. My plan uses small starter plants and band-sized own-root roses. One pre-planned perennial garden is 5' X 32', another is 4' X 16', and the other two are each 5' X 20'. I'm using a gallica rose to cap each end of each pre-planned perennial garden (four gardens = 8 ends = 8 gallica roses) and two alba roses behind each. Total cost for all the plants (including shipping) comes to $682.93. I've been finding any cheap or no-cost resource to put this together, and have a bunch of volunteers ready to do the work, neighbors willing to lend tools and equipment, and a possible source for truckloads of free mulch (in the form of grass clippings and shredded yard waste).

I just found out a couple days ago that it was approved for funding.

So, then I spent about $300 of my own money on perennial and self-seeding annual seeds, copper plant markers for the antique roses, seed-starting trays and domes, and 5-gallon nursery pots to grow-on the roses for a few months before planting out in the garden. Having left a garden I put together over four years in my old place, I was itching to do it again, but reluctant to do so in a place I'd be leaving to the next round of students who'd let everything die. So now I get to make a new garden, have a lot of it paid for and worked by someone else, and know that the neighborhood is interested in maintaining it after I leave.

Roses need good and timely maintenance (and plenty of good manure :smile:). I'd add some jasmine, it's easy and the scent on a summer's evening is a delight to remind people of the benefits.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
nealin - using stolen pics temp ban, one month :pokey:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why suspect?
Too good to be true?

(Someone had to have that body.)
Or did you think that there were several bodies shown?
The quality/size of the pics was odd and that's usually a red flag.
Not entirely sure all the bodies in the pics matched, but I can't be for certain (I haven't got the best eye for these things).

He does seem like a nice bloke - but his manner and compliments to other people don't really fit with someone who's supposed to look that good.

I agree with Disco - the pics seemed too perfect.

Maybe I shouldn't comment on it tho? especially since he's due back in a month. He'll want to just get on with things and leave this behind him, I imagine.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
The quality/size of the pics was odd and that's usually a red flag.

Certainly is.
(Not that I had noticed.)

Not entirely sure all the bodies in the pics matched, but I can't be for certain (I haven't got the best eye for these things).

Neither do I, hope being such a distortion filter.

Last edited:

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Roses need good and timely maintenance (and plenty of good manure :smile:). I'd add some jasmine, it's easy and the scent on a summer's evening is a delight to remind people of the benefits.

Alba and Gallica roses are once-blooming, very hardy, and don't need the coddling given to hybrid teas and floribundas. That's why I picked them for this spot. I'm in zone 6, and even the hardiest jasmine wouldn't make it here. I have added seeds of fragrant plans, so there will be something smelling nice from May to frost.