Why was Trinity banned?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually, if you talk to some of the originals who were present at the creation, the name was intended as a joke, not the actual subject and object of the site

I posted this in another thread
http://www.lpsg.org/104219-theyre-really-cleaning-house-around.html#post1728659
Go review her posting history and it really should be obvious...

I'd say 815 posts and only 15 of them NOT having to do with politics is a good reason.

TOS Section 3.
Content whose primary purpose is to disrupt or inflame.
Senseless or unrecognizable content.

For God's sake it is a board about a large penis. Post all you want politically but at least occasionally talk about penis. Or stick to more non controversially issues.

Her interests are better served by other more political forums, arenas, and boards.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You all need to read this thread. Trinity violated the TOS. When you violate the TOS you are banned. This should not be a surprise to anyone. The moderators and administrators are under no obligation to inform us with reasons for a ban. This is annoying, but it is, what it is.

quote=wispandex_bulge;1731312]Wow, its about what I expected. However, I have to say this worries me. I have posted a number of posts criticising Obama. Has anyone ever mentioned ME to a moderator? Would I be banned for sharing information and making commentary JUST because most people on here like Obama? This is a major ethical issue. I agree that you need to maintain a certain sense of decorum in a public place, but you also cannot simply silence dissenters because they dissent. I have applied for the position of moderator myself now.
Why would you want to be a moderator you never post?! LOL hahaha If you think people like Trinity need protecting you are not moderator material.
It also interests me intensely that one moderator: Prepstudindc commented in this post that the reason shojudl be evident in her posts. I should not have to read all of her posts to find the reason. Moreover, if there was a serious infraction, then we shoudl all be allowed to know what it was so that we can all be made more aware of what the rules are AND how they will be enforced.
Do you ever read the forums? :confused: Cause you don't have to read all her posts to realize she was a troll. Not being a moderator I don't know for fact that she was warned but I would assume that she was. If she was truly your friend you should have another way of contacting her.

Nah. "She" was doing it pro bono. :wink:
Missionaries with zeal like hers will wade into any cesspool to bash Obama. At first it was couched in being pro-Clinton. Then it was couched in being pro-McCain. The consistent part is that "she" despises Obama, no matter whom he was running against. It gave her a woody.
BINGO! She was just a whack job.

It's puzzling that she was banned, though. There should be more tolerance here for dissent. She rarely sunk, if ever, to ad hominem attacks or name-calling and did attach links (of varying merit) to support her debate. Perhaps there is something she did to breach the ToS that escapes me — but I don't think she should be banned simply for being a contrarian.
It wasn't that she was a contrarian or held a differing opinion. It was her insistence on shoving her lies down everyones throats on a daily basis. It amounted to spam.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't believe it would be just for posting in the politics forum. Everyone participating there seems to want to disrupt someone. And I'm sure there are plenty of lies being thrown about by other people.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't believe it would be just for posting in the politics forum. Everyone participating there seems to want to disrupt someone. And I'm sure there are plenty of lies being thrown about by other people.

Trinity wasn't banned for posting in the politics forum...
Trinity wasn't banned for bashing Obama...
Trinity was warned in one particular thread that repeatedly posting the same links amounted to spamming the board...

apparently Trinity did not take heed to the warning...

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm surprised this is even a conversation. Trinity was spamming the board with daily threads (sometimes 2 or 3) with inaccurate information that got people riled up. It wasn't just that she did this excessively, it was that the content was often lies, even once they were proven wrong she'd defend them to the death.

Even repubs on this site agree that she was WAAAAAY overboard and I think the only people who miss her are those who enjoyed arguing with her crazy ass.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm surprised this is even a conversation. Trinity was spamming the board with daily threads (sometimes 2 or 3) with inaccurate information that got people riled up.

Even repubs on this site agree that she was WAAAAAY overboard and I think the only people who miss her are those who enjoyed arguing with her crazy ass.

there have been quite a few of those, dear fellow, who have not been banned (to my surprise)

AUS-WA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't see the difference between Trinity's posts and all the anti-Palin stuff being posted in the Politics forum. I saw Trinity as a balance between the two sides of the argument.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't see the difference between Trinity's posts and all the anti-Palin stuff being posted in the Politics forum. I saw Trinity as a balance between the two sides of the argument.

You saw Trinity as a form of balance? Yikes. Look again. I absolutely do not believe someone should be banned for contrarian views and have said so, even in reference to Trinity. However, as nj and others have said, she was so over the top and her repeated onslaught of wild disinformation so relentless that it amounted to a campaign, and one with an adjenda unrelated to honest discussion...that had to be questioned. I have a huge problem with bannings in general but my sense is that this one was justified.

Ironically, I suffer the misguided slings and arrows of stratedude and faceking on a daily basis; Trinity made simply for comic relief.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If one is banned and the reason is
"Content whose primary purpose is to disrupt or inflame"
and one points to the "Politics Forum" postings as justification,
then we should just ban everyone who posts in the politics forum because it is going to inflame someone.

We can speculate here but we are not privy to the information the moderators have and therefore the reason for the banning.
I would hope it is not for political viewpoint.
I would hope it is not because referencing information which supports her view is deemed "Spam".

I saw nothing wrong with her posts.
I have nothing against most of the posts in the politics forum even the ones with incorrect information, anger and personal attacks.
I just consider the source and either ignore or try to politely respond (I will be accused of not always being polite - but I always try)
People have a right to disagree with me.
They should respect my right to disagree with them.
People have a right to be wrong also.

No one comes remotely close to doing it to the extent that Trinity did. 800 threads, 99% of them weren't true.

She started only 35 threads. (Post count >800)

As for the veracity of the information, I am not going to analyze, but most of it was opinion and clearly stated. She mainly cut and pasted.
If she reported on something that turns out not to be true, she was just reporting the information. Example - the Lawsuit claiming Obama was not born in Hawaii - she never said it was true. In fact her stated opinion was that it probably was false.
http://www.lpsg.org/1726843-post7.html

There are other threads with incorrect information.
Remember Babygate?
http://www.lpsg.org/101091-babygate.html

Has the Daily KOS issued an apology yet?
LPSG banning anyone for posting incorrect information on that thead?
LPSG banning anyone posting incorrect information - how about all those Photo Shopped pictures in the galleries?

And for those of you who may have missed it - there was a thread in the Politics Forum merely entitled "Trinity" a short time ago. It very quickly got up to 3 pages of people just attacking her and then disappeared.
Was anyone banned over that?
I know the moderators don't have to tell us but just curious.

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Yeah, with that logic I guess you could refer to serial killers as "population control experts."

I don't know if you intended to but you just really insulted republicans. There are plenty of Mccain and Palin supporters who can express their opinions with spamming the board with multiple threads based on inaccurate information and downright lies.

Real republicans are much smarter than that, stop putting lipstick on a pig and call a troll a troll.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I started to suspect she was using multiple accounts. There started to be newbies that logged in just to talk in the politics section, and they were almost always supporting her.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I started to suspect she was using multiple accounts. There started to be newbies that logged in just to talk in the politics section, and they were almost always supporting her.

How crazy does one have to be in order to create new screen personae to create fake supporters? Is a message board that important?

arrivaderciroma

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What's weird is that people here got so bent by her posts and became compulsive about responding. What's weird is that she wasn't ignored, she was made formidable by her oponents' flaying words and retorts.

What's weird is that responders to her posts began looking like a mob..."to the castle..."

I didn't have as much problem with her as with those who made knee jerk responses....

I don't think she should be banned. We can learn from her. There's an artfulness to propaganda. By reading it we can learn to deflect it and use it. Don't forget: language is a virus. Stay mentally healthy.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
^That irked me too, not just her but the people who HAD to respond to her.

At the same time, misinformation is one of the most dangerous weapons in the world today and I understand people who just wanted to set the record straight, that wasn't easy with Trinity cuz the more you proved her wrong the more she defended her position.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Nah. If you look closely there a few folks out there now who are just as bad with Bush rants.

The mods usually warn someone, and don't ban immediately. So it musta been something repeated is my guess.

I agree, but stratedude's days are also numbered unless he changes his act. I'm sure that Trinity was warned since this was going on for months. She was bad enough during the primaries, but since then she's been the worst troll on this site.

I'm surprised this is even a conversation. Trinity was spamming the board with daily threads (sometimes 2 or 3) with inaccurate information that got people riled up.

Irony. :wink:

What's weird is that people here got so bent by her posts and became compulsive about responding. What's weird is that she wasn't ignored, she was made formidable by her oponents' flaying words and retorts.

What's weird is that responders to her posts began looking like a mob..."to the castle..."

I didn't have as much problem with her as with those who made knee jerk responses....

I don't think she should be banned. We can learn from her. There's an artfulness to propaganda. By reading it we can learn to deflect it and use it. Don't forget: language is a virus. Stay mentally healthy.
Trinity was a good writer, and her posts were well thought out. It was her ridiculous claims and repetition that bothered me. I stopped arguing with her long ago.

Now that she's gone, it's easy to attack her. She was a female. She wasn't a paid Republican. She may have had more than one account, but I doubt it. I'm sure that she was banned simply for being a troll.

What will Indy do now? He should take up... I dunno... mountain climbing?