• Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Why Was VinylBoy Banned?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Reaction score
Website
thespincycle.blogspot.com
I know that he's had issues with certain members of this site before, but banning him just seems sad and a little silly. He's one of the highest-quality posters we've ever had here, with over 10,000 posts, most of which were thoughtful and very detailed.

Color me confused :mad::frown1:

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Reaction score
I've only just started posting here, but from what little I've seen, I agree with everything the OP said. I'm very impressed with VinylBoy's intelligent, insightful contributions--to the extent that I felt quite flattered when he expressed his agreement with a couple of my own postings. :smile:

So why the hell *was* he banned?

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen he was brilliant! I couldn't stand the political section for too long but I always read his posts and enjoyed them.

dude_007

Sexy Member
Reaction score
he has some good insight, but I've seen threads where he's crossed the line with personal attacks on members in the right wing. Perhaps a time-out is needed...

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd hardly call him a "conservative basher." Just because he defended himself and his opinions (very well, I might add) does not mean he was a basher of any kind.

Calboner

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
Watch the thread "Moderator Actions" for an update, probably tomorrow. Vinyl Boy has been banned before, and, as in previous cases, this ban is probably temporary.

dude_007

Sexy Member
Reaction score
I'd hardly call him a "conservative basher." Just because he defended himself and his opinions (very well, I might add) does not mean he was a basher of any kind.

perhaps I've seen some comments you haven't then. He's made personal attacks, and that is against the rules and can result in a ban.

MickeyLee

Staff member
Gold Member
Reaction score
i am guessing someone got their feelings hurt, reported him heaps, since he's been warned he got hit with a ban.

hope it ain't a permanent ban :sad:

of course, the Mods have been known to let the super awesome folks come back from those pesky permanent bans :biggrin::cool:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Reaction score
Website
he has some good insight, but I've seen threads where he's crossed the line with personal attacks on members in the right wing. Perhaps a time-out is needed...

He never threw the first punch, though: never. If any lines were crossed, they were not of his own instigation (unless it was in the form of a PM, which I'd never see), they were reactions.

He did have a propensity for getting trolled, that's true.

Watch the thread "Moderator Actions" for an update, probably tomorrow. Vinyl Boy has been banned before, and, as in previous cases, this ban is probably temporary.

He's had a few temporary bans before, but this one appears to be permanent.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Reaction score
I really hope it is temporary. He was one of my favorite allies in the war against... the less than super intelligent in the Political forum. Whatever it was he said the person he said it to no doubt had it coming.

JSZ

aninnymouse

Expert Member
Reaction score
Just from what I'd seen in the politics forum, he never really started it, but he did cross the line when engaged, and keep things going. I know he'd recently gotten a two week ban from the politics forum, and in the Mod actions thread, it indicated in red "final warning," so chances are, this one is permanent. Shame, seemed like a good guy.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Reaction score
No offense, but the Political Forum is just that- a place where ideologies clash and what can seem like common sense to one person can seem like outright lunacy to another. If you sign up on a site like this one and post in a forum like that one, you should be prepared for a fight.

Certain things should still be out of bounds (racial slurs, threats of any kind etc) but so far as I'm aware he never took it that far. If someone got their wittle feelings hurt by being confronted in a vitriolic fashion? Welcome to discussions of 21st century American Politics.

Rather than ban posters who have ten thousand plus posts, who posts in such a fashion that is well thought out, grammatically correct (a bigger problem than you might imagine) and insightful, maybe make a warning on the Political Forum that says "If you're faint of heart and are expecting a Carebare Hug Fest within- post else where."

I'm sorry, but banning him for "crossing the line" and "keeping things going" in an area where discussion and debate is sacrosanct is counter productive.

JSZ

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Reaction score
Website
No offense, but the Political Forum is just that- a place where ideologies clash and what can seem like common sense to one person can seem like outright lunacy to another. If you sign up on a site like this one and post in a forum like that one, you should be prepared for a fight.

Certain things should still be out of bounds (racial slurs, threats of any kind etc) but so far as I'm aware he never took it that far. If someone got their wittle feelings hurt by being confronted in a vitriolic fashion? Welcome to discussions of 21st century American Politics.

Rather than ban posters who have ten thousand plus posts, who posts in such a fashion that is well thought out, grammatically correct (a bigger problem than you might imagine) and insightful, maybe make a warning on the Political Forum that says "If you're faint of heart and are expecting a Carebare Hug Fest within- post else where."

I'm sorry, but banning him for "crossing the line" and "keeping things going" in an area where discussion and debate is sacrosanct is counter productive.

JSZ

Extremely well put, JSZ: you've hit the nail on the head.

aninnymouse

Expert Member
Reaction score
I hear you guys, especially with some of the other stuff that goes on here. Almost sounds like someone didn't like him, and...boom.

LaFemme

Staff member
Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no matter what is said in the 'moderator action' thread, we'll never know who said what, or what happened behind the scenes. A lot of stuff gets sent to the mods by members, and a lot is said between the potential ban-ee (usually) before anything happens. As community members - we just aren't privy to it. It's all just going to be a WAG on our part.....:frown1:

ManofThunder

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
On the whole, I have enjoyed his posts and he seems like a nice guy. Hopefully, he will return.

Reaction score
The politics board. Where people go when they want to get banned? Nothing good comes out of that place.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Reaction score
Website
The politics board. Where people go when they want to get banned? Nothing good comes out of that place.

That board was set up to keep the Etc board nice and clean, and there've been some major changes in how it's moderated and what's considered acceptable. As nearly as I can tell, he's been on best behavior since his most recent temp-ban. His most recent posts show nothing untoward.

I've only really flamed on that board once, and that was in a thread who's OP publicly and personally attacked both Jason_Els and myself. I went really hard on him, especially when he wouldn't just go away or let the thread die and never got so much as a note from the mods. But that was about two years ago (if not even longer) and everything was different then; these days I doubt the OP would have been allowed at all.

I have written passionately in support of the Politics Forum in the past and continue to support (and contribute to it) now.

FuzzyKen

Sexy Member
Reaction score
I am saddened to see this kind of action taken. I have seen numerous attacks against him over the years by other individuals. I don't always agree with VB, but I have never seen anything on his part that was an attack against the person, but instead a usually well thought out attack against ideas with which he disagrees. I hope that this ban is temporary.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Reaction score
My personal site experience will be diminished if he does not return.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Reaction score
He is someone whose intelligence and tenacity I respect to the utmost. Like others have said, I hope this ban is temporary or capable of being rescinded if it's permanent.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Reaction score
Can we get more than just the end-of-the-day Moderation Action report on this? The consensus is pretty cut and dry;

If you have a functioning brain stem you're perplexed if not outright annoyed that this poster was banned. I think we deserve an explanation so as to evaluate our own behavior and ask ourselves if continuing to post is worth the risk given how seemingly summarily he was dismissed from this site after such a long and active tenure here.

Moderators?

JSZ

I like him. :(
Received a final warning the other week tho, so something to do with that?

Take care anyways, Vinyl, and hope ur back before too long. :)

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I follow the Moderator Actions thread pretty closely. I think the last temp ban had a "Last Warning" tag on it.

But who knows... people have been reinstated from perma-bans before.

B_Nicodemous

Banned
Reaction score
I liked VinylBoy. I am sad he is gone. I will give the mods a break though as we are NOT aware of all that went on, via private messages between them and him, nor any pm's that may have taken place between VB and some other member. If it spills out of the PoliForum, into another thread, for example, they could cite him with harrassment of a member. Likewise if they noticed a trend of posting immediately after a member and arguing with them, regardless of what is being said, then he could be popped for that.

I am not sayin that is what happened. I am just throwing out possibilities. I myself would like to know what happened, but if it means airing out PM contents for all to see, then forget it. Because guess what? That means that NONE of our PM's are safe. They could be edited to paint us in the most unflattering light possible, and if we are banned we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves!

I am not some blind, the Mods are Gods follower either; far from it. But I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to people, be they member, moderator or admin. Moreso than some of the mods here, in some cases.

I do like Zombie's suggestion, and will psot there in a bit. I would add that if a political battle spills over into th other forums and becomes a harrassment issue that the offender will get banned. That would be about the only thing I would change in his "rules for the PoliForum" thread that he has so kindly linked.

Perhaps the mods can shine somelight when the post to th Moderator Actions as to what happened, without giving so much away as to breach VB's privacy?

Last edited by a moderator: