Why Was VinylBoy Banned?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The politics board. Where people go when they want to get banned? Nothing good comes out of that place.

That board was set up to keep the Etc board nice and clean, and there've been some major changes in how it's moderated and what's considered acceptable. As nearly as I can tell, he's been on best behavior since his most recent temp-ban. His most recent posts show nothing untoward.

I've only really flamed on that board once, and that was in a thread who's OP publicly and personally attacked both Jason_Els and myself. I went really hard on him, especially when he wouldn't just go away or let the thread die and never got so much as a note from the mods. But that was about two years ago (if not even longer) and everything was different then; these days I doubt the OP would have been allowed at all.

I have written passionately in support of the Politics Forum in the past and continue to support (and contribute to it) now.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I am saddened to see this kind of action taken. I have seen numerous attacks against him over the years by other individuals. I don't always agree with VB, but I have never seen anything on his part that was an attack against the person, but instead a usually well thought out attack against ideas with which he disagrees. I hope that this ban is temporary.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dang, VinylBoy was one of the best reasons to frequent the Politics section. He had a BRAIN that functioned! and a heart attached. :sad:

Please let him come back.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Can we get more than just the end-of-the-day Moderation Action report on this? The consensus is pretty cut and dry;

If you have a functioning brain stem you're perplexed if not outright annoyed that this poster was banned. I think we deserve an explanation so as to evaluate our own behavior and ask ourselves if continuing to post is worth the risk given how seemingly summarily he was dismissed from this site after such a long and active tenure here.

Moderators?

JSZ

I like him. :(
Received a final warning the other week tho, so something to do with that?

Take care anyways, Vinyl, and hope ur back before too long. :)

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I liked VinylBoy. I am sad he is gone. I will give the mods a break though as we are NOT aware of all that went on, via private messages between them and him, nor any pm's that may have taken place between VB and some other member. If it spills out of the PoliForum, into another thread, for example, they could cite him with harrassment of a member. Likewise if they noticed a trend of posting immediately after a member and arguing with them, regardless of what is being said, then he could be popped for that.

I am not sayin that is what happened. I am just throwing out possibilities. I myself would like to know what happened, but if it means airing out PM contents for all to see, then forget it. Because guess what? That means that NONE of our PM's are safe. They could be edited to paint us in the most unflattering light possible, and if we are banned we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves!

I am not some blind, the Mods are Gods follower either; far from it. But I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to people, be they member, moderator or admin. Moreso than some of the mods here, in some cases.

I do like Zombie's suggestion, and will psot there in a bit. I would add that if a political battle spills over into th other forums and becomes a harrassment issue that the offender will get banned. That would be about the only thing I would change in his "rules for the PoliForum" thread that he has so kindly linked.

Perhaps the mods can shine somelight when the post to th Moderator Actions as to what happened, without giving so much away as to breach VB's privacy?

Last edited by a moderator:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like him. :(
Received a final warning the other week tho, so something to do with that?

Take care anyways, Vinyl, and hope ur back before too long. :)
This.
Mr. Peckers wrote - VinylBoy - continued inflammatory posts after multiple warnings

Last edited:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This news saddens me. I've always thought VBs posts were filled with facts, logic and reason, three things that were missing from the posts of most of those who attacked him. Some people feel he may have crossed the line but I feel he was only defending himself against constant - and sometimes quite personal - criticism. As another member previously posted, he NEVER threw the first punch.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What a pathetic joke.

"Inflammatory posts": the original sin!

And the bland-ing down of lpsg continues, full steam.

So true..... the decline in site management continues.

God sakes, it seams the reasons for action, was as of a result of posts in the Politics forum, where you should expect a fight or two, and the whole idea of having this very sub forum, was to stop fighting spreading elsewhere.

Granted, if the reason was for something inflammatory, harassment (Though you should expect at least some in Politics, due to the very nature of the place), illegal, or brings this site in to disrepute, then I can understand.

I have not a bad word to say about VB at all, and yes, we have had our differences, but unlike some (ManlilyBanters springs to mind), we respected each others space, and got on well.

To cap things off, the management are more interested in kissing arse of those few that crow the loudest most of all, than actually doing what is right and fair!

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ay Yi Yi. There's no bland-ing down of this site. The rules are still the same. And I, for one, appreciate the moderators for keeping people in check. The guy has been banned before and has had multiple warning, apparently. Maybe I saw some posts that others did not, but the guy had it coming.....and I'm as liberal politically as it gets, so my opinion is not skewed by politics. He made a lot of personal attacks and incendiary comments, and regardless of who started the fight, the adult thing to do in cyberspace is walk away from bullies and not continue to insult them.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Indeed, VB was someone who put out flames, more often than not. Though he did rise to provocation sometimes, he was oft targeted and stood it sometimes less well than other times.

I have started putting my political views on Facebook instead, so there!

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rules are rules eh? Look I respect the rules but sometimes I don't necessarily understand why some of them exist. As far as what happened to VB. I don't know enough of the facts to state much but what I do know is that he isn't any worse, during his bad times, then some others who fly under the radar here. And this was a forum about VB. No need to bring others names in here, no matter what they have said or done to you.

S

superbot

Ay Yi Yi. There's no bland-ing down of this site. The rules are still the same. And I, for one, appreciate the moderators for keeping people in check. The guy has been banned before and has had multiple warning, apparently. Maybe I saw some posts that others did not, but the guy had it coming.....and I'm as liberal politically as it gets, so my opinion is not skewed by politics. He made a lot of personal attacks and incendiary comments, and regardless of who started the fight, the adult thing to do in cyberspace is walk away from bullies and not continue to insult them.
Well said!!...