Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
@Klingsor and JustSomeZombie

Well he probably didn't strike you guys that way because you've only been here for a few months. We've had to put up with him for years!

And he pretty much always threw the first punch.

He would come out of the woodworks to bash, attack, and flame what people posted when nothing they said was even directed at him in any way. That is throwing the first punch.

Last edited:

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
I'm sorry, what was your name again? I don't recall seeing you in the political forum lately. And he was punished for those prior bad acts and, in the time I knew him, he never threw the first punch, never flamed anyone, never bashed any person directly, and didn't "come out of the woodwork." He defended his position adamantly, he refuted what he saw as logical fallacies, and he did so in an erudite fashion not easily found on the internet (certainly not by most of his opponents.)

Because you've been here a few years you might be thinking back to prior bad acts. Because I haven't I know what his behavior was like most recently- and it was during that time period he was banned, which is what I find so outlandish.

You walk into a mud slinging contest and you should be prepared to get dirty (especially if you're wearing white.) The Political Forum isn't a Sesame Street sing along and for anyone to expect it to be (on a site like this one) is madness.

JSZ

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
VB was a smart guy. But let's be honest with ourselves folks, he FREQUENTLY crossed the line, even with conservatives just attempting to have an honest debate. He would take nearly every serious challenge to his opinion as some kind of personal affront, and would come out guns a blazin. Also, he tended to have a kind of martyr (sp?) syndrome...as if he was ALWAYS the victim, and how DARE people challenge him. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sorry, what was your name again? I don't recall seeing you in the political forum lately. And he was punished for those prior bad acts and, in the time I knew him, he never threw the first punch, never flamed anyone, never bashed any person directly, and didn't "come out of the woodwork." He defended his position adamantly, he refuted what he saw as logical fallacies, and he did so in an erudite fashion not easily found on the internet (certainly not by most of his opponents.)

Because you've been here a few years you might be thinking back to prior bad acts. Because I haven't I know what his behavior was like most recently- and it was during that time period he was banned, which is what I find so outlandish.

You walk into a mud slinging contest and you should be prepared to get dirty (especially if you're wearing white.) The Political Forum isn't a Sesame Street sing along and for anyone to expect it to be (on a site like this one) is madness.

JSZ

Ok Mr. I Just Joined a Month Ago. :rolleyes: Who are you? I don't recall seeing your name anywhere but this thread... whereas I'm probably one of the most well known members on this entire board and in video chat.

The political forum doesn't have different rules than the other boards. You're not allowed to be an ass to people there just because you're talking about politics and not large penises.

EDIT:

On a site note I totally agree with what TomCat84 said.

Last edited:

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Ok Mr. I Just Joined a Month Ago. :rolleyes: Who are you? I don't recall seeing your name anywhere but this thread...

Evidence that you haven't been to the political forum in a while and that as such you're not an adequate judge of VB's most recent behavior in said forum.

whereas I'm probably one of the most well known members on this entire board and in video chat.

I've got a cookie around here somewhere?

The political forum doesn't have different rules than the other boards. You're not allowed to be an ass to people there just because you're talking about politics and not large penises.

Again, based on his most recent posts in the political forum, I never saw anything I thought was out of line. All I ever read was someone giving as good as they got which is what I expected when I started posting there.

JSZ

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For what it's worth, my prior rants on the topic were not published with the intent to disparage the current mod team. It's the behind-the-scenes Draco Malfoy-esque whiners, tattletales and bald-faced liars of the world that draw the lion's share of the ire.

I agree completely with this. It's common knowledge that the Politics Forum logs the highest volume of reported posts, and that most of these reports are for minor things. I wonder how many reports must someone log before they become a pest in the moderator's eyes?

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
VinylBoy...was the king of taking someone else's post and multi-quoting it sentence by sentence (the length of some of his responses were just downright absurd) to try and make them look bad, stupid, etc. Not to mention that he would always end with a condescending, "Understand...?" to seemingly express his authority over the poster.

I agree with Klingsor and Zombie's replies to this. I have no problem with VinylBoy (or anyone else) engaging in this style of discourse, except in instances where an individual is attacked or there's an identifiable pattern of harassment.

There's a difference between disagreeing with what someone has to say and forming a constructive dissenting opinion...

Agreed.

...and disagreeing with what someone has to say simply for the sake of disagreeing and wanting to start an argument.

VB was always the latter.

I absolutely do not agree. I've seen the kind of behavior you describe--"trolling"--and have seen many such individuals come and go during my time here, and many who are still around, and would not include VB among their ilk. I'm willing to concede the possibility that VB went too far at times, but I do not think he was a troll. I think he had the courage of his convictions. It's troubling that you apparently cannot tell the difference, but it seems you are not alone in that.

Not to mention he would start the arguments with people and then try and report them to mods over and over again. :rolleyes:

I don't know if he actually did that, and I don't know the details of the specific exchanges that resulted in those alleged reports. If he was making false or frivolous claims of harassment or other rule-breaking, then that is indeed a problem. If, on the other hand, he was trying to engage in a level-headed, rational discussion only to be attacked and harassed, then reporting the culprits was appropriate.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm going to stop you right there. What a shock that the conservative element (what a contradiction- this is the internet, and not only is it the internet, it's an adult website on said internet) supports a ban of one the Political Forums most out spoken left leaning advocates. Color me perplexed with the most sarcastic crayon you can find.
Apparently you have no knowledge of the quote. And because you have snapped to conclusions, it only shows your stupidity.

Thanks but re-read my post and maybe you will understand what I wrote.

PS - Again, it was the moderators who banned him... not some rogue "conservative element." :baby: I support the rules, especially when they were broken multiple times!