Why Was VinylBoy Banned?

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Absolutely NOT true, sorry
Ewww. i am defending the mods AND in agreement with Tomcat84...in one DAY!!!!!

:eek:

Well that is the first seal broken...*prepares for apocalypse...*

Listen, I really adored VB, But I saw him, in my breif excursions in to the PoliForum, throw his share of punches. Being all OCD I went back and read the entire thread to be sure. Now it did not happen as much as some would have you believe, nor did it never happen as others would like to claim.

At the end of the day VB was the same as all of us: human (well unless there are magical crossbreeds, humaniods, and aliens here) and fucked up by letting his passions get the better of him.

I am sad to seehim go. But not all broken up either.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Apparently you have no knowledge of the quote. And because you have snapped to conclusions, it only shows your stupidity.

The quote made little sense. What were you trying to communicate?

Zombie is not stupid. He may not have understood your quote of Bush, but he was addressing your post, not the quote. Thus, I can only conclude that either you misunderstood what he was saying, or you were trying to dismiss his post by disingenuously leveling an invalid critique against it.

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
VB was a smart guy. But let's be honest with ourselves folks, he FREQUENTLY crossed the line, even with conservatives just attempting to have an honest debate. He would take nearly every serious challenge to his opinion as some kind of personal affront, and would come out guns a blazin. Also, he tended to have a kind of martyr (sp?) syndrome...as if he was ALWAYS the victim, and how DARE people challenge him. Just my 2 cents
He absolutely had a martyr complex. Any time I (or others) posted in disagreement it was "because he was a liberal". I dont know if he was necessarily ever inflammatory towards me, but he was constantly condescending towards me in the few times that I stepped into the politics forum. I apparently never understand what he is saying.

I think many people only have this opinion of him because he could eloquently write, in english, what they were thinking. I could say more about what I personally think of him and his thought processes, but I dont really think this is the place.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I myself would like to know what happened, but if it means airing out PM contents for all to see, then forget it. Because guess what? That means that NONE of our PM's are safe. They could be edited to paint us in the most unflattering light possible, and if we are banned we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves!

I am not some blind, the Mods are Gods follower either; far from it...

Listen, I really adored VB, But I saw him, in my breif excursions in to the PoliForum, throw his share of punches. Being all OCD I went back and read the entire thread to be sure. Now it did not happen as much as some would have you believe, nor did it never happen as others would like to claim.

At the end of the day VB was the same as all of us: human (well unless there are magical crossbreeds, humaniods, and aliens here) and fucked up by letting his passions get the better of him.

I am sad to seehim go. But not all broken up either.

Thank you for that fair, level-headed assessment of the issue.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Apparently you have no knowledge of the quote. And because you have snapped to conclusions, it only shows your stupidity.

First of all, every person everywhere is aware of the fact that President Bush couldn't get the "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" adage down correctly. The President of the United States couldn't accurately quote a lesson I learned from Hank the Cowdog in the 2nd grade. I'm very much aware of it. Type in "Fool me" and "George" into any search engine and you'll get video after video. There was no "conclusion" to jump to other than what quoting George W. Bush and you yourself had already declared- a conservative showed up to applaud the banning of a liberal member.

Secondly, your post is enough to report under the guidelines as I understand them. Rather than attack my idea or lack of knowledge, you called me stupid directly. I'd be well within my rights to report that post and start you down a path of moderated behavior. You know what the difference is between me and someone who would do that?

I can handle being called stupid without a moderator kissing my scrapped knee and giving me a lollipop.

So, if it's that kind of nonsense, where someone decides its more important to try to come off as wise and instead just came off as wise-ass, that ultimately sealed VB's fate? Well, I don't agree with it. And that, not you, was the point of my posting here in the first place.

PS; Don't ever post on my profile again telling me to do research. If you have something to say to me, send it in a private message or find me on the forums.

JSZ

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@JSZ and Meniscus

Fair enough. I never totally disliked the guy either... although he wasn't very fond of my partner or me. *shrug* :shrug:
I said similar. I got no call out. *Looks down dejectedly and scuffs toe in the dirt*

And for the record i am very fond of you and Mr CG.:puppy_dog_eyes:

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm probably on his list of enemies, but nonetheless, I enjoyed every contact I had with/against him. I'm not sure why he was banned, but I'd like to call for his return.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The quote made little sense. What were you trying to communicate?

Zombie is not stupid. He may not have understood your quote of Bush, but he was addressing your post, not the quote. Thus, I can only conclude that either you misunderstood what he was saying, or you were trying to dismiss his post by disingenuously leveling an invalid critique against it.
Reading comprehension. The quote simply meant that VB disobeyed twice. I threw in a retarded Bushism, a "political" quote, to drive home the point.

I didn't try to nullify anything. He is the one that started throwing words about my suspected beliefs and why I felt as I did for the simple fact that I said "Bush W."

First of all, every person everywhere is aware of the fact that President Bush couldn't get the "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" adage down correctly. The President of the United States couldn't accurately quote a lesson I learned from Hank the Cowdog in the 2nd grade. I'm very much aware of it. Type in "Fool me" and "George" into any search engine and you'll get video after video. There was no "conclusion" to jump to other than what quoting George W. Bush and you yourself had already declared- a conservative showed up to applaud the banning of a liberal member.

Secondly, your post is enough to report under the guidelines as I understand them. Rather than attack my idea or lack of knowledge, you called me stupid directly. I'd be well within my rights to report that post and start you down a path of moderated behavior. You know what the difference is between me and someone who would do that?

I can handle being called stupid without a moderator kissing my scrapped knee and giving me a lollipop.

So, if it's that kind of nonsense, where someone decides its more important to try to come off as wise and instead just came off as wise-ass, that ultimately sealed VB's fate? Well, I don't agree with it. And that, not you, was the point of my posting here in the first place.

PS; Don't ever post on my profile again telling me to do research. If you have something to say to me, send it in a private message or find me on the forums.

JSZ
What am I supposed to believe after your post directly says you ignored everything I wrote just because I wrote "Bush W." Maybe don't be so pompous in your writing?

My reasoning is logical. I said that he broke the rules, multiple times, and he deserved the ban. Guess what, I'd applaud the same of any "conservative" member too. Rules are rules! My political ideology means nothing to the conversation.

Go ahead and report me. You know what? I'll report myself as I've done before and let the moderators decide.

PS - And don't tell me what I can and can't do. Thanks.

PII

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
He is the one that started throwing words about my suspected beliefs and why I felt as I did for the simple fact that I said "Bush W."

I quoted where you said Bush W. to drive my own point home; I didn't have to quote your entire post to marginalize and completely dismiss it. As for your suspected beliefs? You made it pretty clear the first time you posted when you yourself said;

This is not to even include the many people on the Right who simply left the pol-forum (myself included) because it did feel like a bash fest for the simple fact of the nature of the forum.

Being very Right of center, I clashed with VB many times.

I'm sorry did say conservative where I should have said libertarian or something? It wasn't a stretch and it shouldn't be considered an insult to say you were conservative when you declare yourself being very right of center.

What am I supposed to believe after your post directly says you ignored everything I wrote just because I wrote "Bush W." Maybe don't be so pompous in your writing?

I'm allowed to ignore what ever I like. I'm allowed to be pompous if I want to be and guess what? There isn't anything you can do about it. Your post was like 2 paragraphs long. I read it in less than a minute. Why didn't I quote all of it so you'd know I read it? Because I don't have to.

My political ideology means nothing to the conversation.

You're the one who brought your own political ideology into this or I'd have had no way of knowing what I did. You want something left off the field then don't bring it up.

Go ahead and report me.

If you ever post on my profile again, knowing now that you've read and understood this, I will.

JSZ

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I said similar. I got no call out. *Looks down dejectedly and scuffs toe in the dirt*

And for the record i am very fond of you and Mr CG.:puppy_dog_eyes:

You know we love you too nico!! :tongue: :3some:

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for that fair, level-headed assessment of the issue.
Well thank you. Someone had to be all reasonable like. And hey! We have are next VB! JSZ!

...yay?:confused:
You know we love you too nico!! :tongue: :3some:
Awww I feel all warm amd fuzzy inside...but that could just be the booze:biggrin1:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Has anyone actually found the offense yet?

Regarding your First Amendment, I thought it applied to Media as well. But even so, shouldn't this standard be a benchmark in all areas of your culture?

I am sure the irony is not lost on VB.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I had a few close with VinylBoy. He could push an envelope, and then get a response where the actual attack would come in. That might be what the moderators are using as the basis of calling his actions inflammatory.

In a few instances where we were going back and forth on an issue I was tempted to say something but kept silent. In our last exchange he clearly wanted a confrontation. It was in the thread on LGBT and the presidential candidates stands on their rights.

Now except for President Obama the entire list was Republicans...well that makes sense since they are they.....the Reps. and Pres.Obama are the only ones known to be running, although if there are fringe party candidates they should be listed too.... but, in the words of Sophia Petrillo on Golden Girls "I digress," so back to it.

In 2 categories, President Obama didn't take a yes or no. He went with "Maybe" in one space that was on the matter of whether it was okay for private sector employers to discriminate against LGBTs. I said I felt it showed the President doesn't have balls if he won't take a firm stance and that he's essentially playing both sides. VinylBoy disagreed and said some things which I believe were meant to provoke me. Instead, I chose to step aside. I've seen his train going on this set of tracks before.

All that aside, VinylBoy is an intelligent man, his posts definitely stimulated lively debate and caused people to think.

When Max was banned temp. and then allowed to return there was some talk about how he'd be missed, and to an extent he is. However there's no shortage of intelligent posters in the politics forum to take up the slack of Max and VinylBoy if need be.

Another item which I brought up in another thread in the Questions, comments, suggestions forum is about VinylBoy himself and what may have led to his perhaps crossing a line and why the mods/admins might want to reconsider. He had said something somewhere that he was about to move back to Boston (I think it was Boston, it was definitely moving somwhere he'd lived before). Moving is stressful and can be distracting so he may have not been in a fully clear state of mind. I'd ask that TPTB review that and then maybe reconsider. I'd also ask that they look at the actions they felt crossed the line and ask if these would have led to a banning on a member that hadn't been recently banned. Why should a member who had a temp. ban or even a perm.ban, be subjected to harsher rules? Maybe change his perm ban into either a short term....1-2 months or rescind the ban entirely.

It should also be noted that outside of the politics forum vinylBoy was a pleasant poster. Maybe it's the nature of politics which led to his ruin here. Hopefully he is able to continue discussing politics on other boards because he clearly has a lot to offer and maybe one day he will return here and share with us again.

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This.
Mr. Peckers wrote - VinylBoy - continued inflammatory posts after multiple warnings

It is sad that in this day and age, facts and logic are inflammatory.

*sigh* it's only a matter of time till I get banned then.... I've been here since like.... ever.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It is sad that in this day and age, facts and logic are inflammatory.

*sigh* it's only a matter of time till I get banned then.... I've been here since like.... ever.

After last nights preseason game where the Steelers defeated the eagles, you're safe for at least another year. (not that I really have a say in who stays and goes here, just think a 'burgher should be given special extra points)

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
Has anyone actually found the offense yet?

Regarding your First Amendment, I thought it applied to Media as well. But even so, shouldn't this standard be a benchmark in all areas of your culture?

I am sure the irony is not lost on VB.
This is a privately owned and ran website, you still have your first amendment rights, but they also have the right to remove you from the premises.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a few close with VinylBoy. He could push an envelope, and then get a response where the actual attack would come in. That might be what the moderators are using as the basis of calling his actions inflammatory.

In a few instances where we were going back and forth on an issue I was tempted to say something but kept silent. In our last exchange he clearly wanted a confrontation. It was in the thread on LGBT and the presidential candidates stands on their rights.

Now except for President Obama the entire list was Republicans...well that makes sense since they are they.....the Reps. and Pres.Obama are the only ones known to be running, although if there are fringe party candidates they should be listed too.... but, in the words of Sophia Petrillo on Golden Girls "I digress," so back to it.

In 2 categories, President Obama didn't take a yes or no. He went with "Maybe" in one space that was on the matter of whether it was okay for private sector employers to discriminate against LGBTs. I said I felt it showed the President doesn't have balls if he won't take a firm stance and that he's essentially playing both sides. VinylBoy disagreed and said some things which I believe were meant to provoke me. Instead, I chose to step aside. I've seen his train going on this set of tracks before.

All that aside, VinylBoy is an intelligent man, his posts definitely stimulated lively debate and caused people to think.

When Max was banned temp. and then allowed to return there was some talk about how he'd be missed, and to an extent he is. However there's no shortage of intelligent posters in the politics forum to take up the slack of Max and VinylBoy if need be.

Another item which I brought up in another thread in the Questions, comments, suggestions forum is about VinylBoy himself and what may have led to his perhaps crossing a line and why the mods/admins might want to reconsider. He had said something somewhere that he was about to move back to Boston (I think it was Boston, it was definitely moving somwhere he'd lived before). Moving is stressful and can be distracting so he may have not been in a fully clear state of mind. I'd ask that TPTB review that and then maybe reconsider. I'd also ask that they look at the actions they felt crossed the line and ask if these would have led to a banning on a member that hadn't been recently banned. Why should a member who had a temp. ban or even a perm.ban, be subjected to harsher rules? Maybe change his perm ban into either a short term....1-2 months or rescind the ban entirely.

It should also be noted that outside of the politics forum vinylBoy was a pleasant poster. Maybe it's the nature of politics which led to his ruin here. Hopefully he is able to continue discussing politics on other boards because he clearly has a lot to offer and maybe one day he will return here and share with us again.
Thisis why I love ya so damn much Mr. Hoss! A balanced, thoughtful, HONEST post. :kiss:
This is a privately owned and ran website, you still have your first amendment rights, but they also have the right to remove you from the premises.
Ex-actly...

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In our last exchange he clearly wanted a confrontation . . . VinylBoy disagreed and said some things which I believe were meant to provoke me. Instead, I chose to step aside. I've seen his train going on this set of tracks before.

So he didn't start a confrontation . . . you're just sure that he "wanted" one? You "believe" he was trying to provoke you?

I hope he wasn't banned for something like *that*. :frown1: