why wear nonprescription eyeglasses?

B_diddydoo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yeah i dont understand either probably for a more sophisticated look but the pros dont outweigh the inconvenience in my opinion

peachiekeen

Just Browsing
Media
Well, I don't have any perscription at all and I've got 2 pairs, lol. I work at a lenscrafters, so they were free, but it's kinda cool sometimes. It's just another accessory, but if you don't need them to see, you can take them off any time. Some people just look better with glasses.

missdee

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think that for people who have never had to wear glasses, it doesn't seem like as big of an inconvenience. Because, you know, if it becomes annoying, you can take them off without a problem. I'm one of those weird people who wishes I needed glasses because I think I look better with them on... but oh well!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
to hide your superhero alter ego?

nothing sucks like getting caught by the paparazzi mid-tights and not wearing your cape. :rolleyes:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I never knew that people wore glasses without needing them, my guess is that it is something for them to hide behind.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Maybe because they strolled past them remembered not being able to read up close as clearly as they once did. They are a whopping $25, they can go home and read again without squinting and they may not have vision insurance, or the several hundred dollars for nice frames, lenses and eye exam.

Simple as that. Wait are we talking about reading glasses or just clear plastic with no vision assistance?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never knew that people wore glasses without needing them, my guess is that it is something for them to hide behind.[/QUOTE]
BINGO! :cool: When I switched from glasses to contact lenses years ago I felt nekkid as if my soul were laid bare for all the world to see. I didn't realize I hid behind my glasses until that time. I quickly adjusted though and haven't worn the faux glasses since then.:smile:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is beyond me.

I've broken every pair of glasses I've ever owned. One time, while playing soccer with my glasses on, I was kicked in the face and some part of my glasses (either the lens or frame) cut deeply just below my eye. I've a scar now. Moved on to contacts.

Glasses are such a hassle.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*glomps on Jeff Black cuz i can*

i wear glasses. contacts ain't an option, the wake up brain damage is not compatible with poking anything in my eye. :frown:

i tried that whole librarian thing,ya know that taking off your glasses and shaking out your hair to be oh so sexy... didn't work for me i just looked unkempt and squinty. then i couldn't find my glasses. was kinda awkward all around...ummm...yeah..that's it.

*continues glomping Jeff Black*

Last edited:

missdee

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think I'm in the minority here, but that's okay. I don't actually have any glasses with clear lenses, but I've thought about getting some before, because I just think I look better with them. That's all! People keep saying that glasses are so inconvenient, and such a hassle, and they probably are - if you have to deal with them constantly. But see, if I wanted to play soccer, I could just... not wear the glasses.

Yeah, I'm a loser, I know. :redface:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like myself in glasses too sometimes. They're a fashion statement often.

Until quite recently, it's my understanding, one could not have lasik eye surgery to remedy issues with reading (why I buy off-the-rack reading glasses).

Then there's the ever-pressing question about cost.

I've tried contacts three times. I cannot get used to them.

I wear 2.00 for reading OFF THE RACK. My distance vision is fine. It's called being over forty. Works.

**TARGET has a great selection for under ten bucks.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love wearing my prescription eyeglasses. I have had a few men turn me down for sex because of my eyeglasses. :frown1: My eyeglasses aren't "Coke bottles" or "Poindexters" or even "Talented Mr. Ripley's" either. They don't make my eyes shrink when people are looking at me with them on.

I had a pair of "attitude" non-prescription eyeglasses. THOSE were really cool. I wish that I could find them. I think that I gave them to a boyfriend. He loved wearing them. He looked like an intellectual Mafioso. (He is actually Irish. But looks very Italian/Mediterranean.) I nicknamed him Mario.

There are two reasons people wear non-prescription eyeglasses.

1. For some people, they are aesthetically appealing and become part of that person's identity. This applies to many intellectual types.

2. They may need the glasses only for a specific purpose such as reading small type or reading in a dimly lit place.

There are other reasons but these were the two most common ones I could think of.