Why women don't hook up "just for sex"

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Women need 5 men.....

(I'll try and remember this close to the original)

1 This man will make her laugh
2 This man is true to her and never lies.
3 This man is handy around the house.
4 This man will provide stability and security.
and
5 This man ...the other 4 don't know about ! :eek::wink:

Does anyone have the original text for this ?

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have friends-with-benefits arrangements for most of the reasons listed already by other women. But 3 of the biggest are A) disease/pregnancy risk if protection fails, B) don't like sex with low or no love factor and C) slut factor.

But the most influential factor all I'm at a point in my life where I would like to find one man to be with exclusively and longterm, not several for casual FWB arrangements.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The biggest problem I have found is that guys are usually not mature enough to be in this type of relationship. They are either all or nothing until they get it.

All – they supposedly fall in love, start sending flowers, want monopolize my time, etc.

Nothing – Bang em and leave.
That's a shame. I don't know if it's maturity that's missing. Seems like if the guy was busy enough, then he'd be happy just meeting up a couple times a week or whatever...but I guess he'd fall into the "Nothing" category then.

3664shaken, the rest of your post was sad to me. I hope that you can get some emotional healing and maybe develop a relationship involving more emotions. It sounds like maybe you've been hurt too much for that too ever happen again. I hope not!

I just don't know if I could ever enjoy sex unless there is some feeling in it. I mean deep kissing and such. I like it if someone can do that but still not be emotionally attached. Like put all the feeling into sex without getting completely attached, at least not within a few weeks.

DeepCurve

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know I am atypical but I have not interest in relationships. They get banal and messy but that does not mean I want a bunch of one-night stands. I enjoy having sex partners – guys who I can continually call on for fun.

Excellent post! You do realize though, that if a guy posted the same material, or told a woman that he merely wanted to add her to his string of pearls that he called on for fun, what kind of response he would probably get? :wink:

I think that the basic underlying problem is that human beings are not meant (i.e. not wired, instinctively) to mate for life. I know that it happens, and every elderly couple who just celebrated their 70th anniversary is invariably sweet and cute; but it seems to be a rarity, and perhaps even a triumph of willpower over inclination where it occurs. The number of couples who remained together used to be much higher, but I don't think that's because they were happier, merely because splitting up was much less acceptable than it is now.

The fact is, time has a way of slow-roasting romance. Which to me implies that even someone who prefers "relationships" to "just sex" needs to pursue them with the understanding that it's not "till death do us part," but only "for as long as we're together." The question, of course, is how long is that going to be?

Even as a guy, I'd have to say that one night stands aren't terribly attractive. For one thing, it's hard to have truly good sex with somebody until you've had it with them a few times. Unless you are both extraordinary communicators and highly intuitive to boot, it's going to take some repetition to learn each other's likes and dislikes, and to get comfortable together.

On the other hand, I've been in relationships where, after a few years, it begins to feel like dating your sister. You know her really well, but the spark is gone. At that point it's time to part friends. The height of good manners is knowing when to leave.

I wish I could say I've been able to live as you describe, with some number (greater than 1!) of attractive, interesting women on the string, for sex and companionship -- not to mention variety. But unless a man is a sultan with a harem, a medieval pope, a leading rock star or actor, or a scion of the Kennedy clan, that just isn't bloody likely. :tongue: The fact is, the women would never permit it. And you just can't conceal something like that, even if you were dishonest enough to attempt it (which I'm not).

I have to agree though, that it would be good if more people, of both sexes, could learn to separate love from sex instead of conflating them. It is true that one may lead to the other, though of course not necessarily. I can feel love for many people (including women) that I have no desire whatsoever to have sex with. And then there are some women whose physicality just sort of smacks me between the eyes. The important thing is to understand the difference. It does seem to me that expecting the two always to occur with the same person, is neither realistic nor useful.

Cheers,
DC

B_eddierose

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I won't say I've never gone for hook-ups, but the fact of the matter is that it was usually in response to some depression or another. A recent break-up, rejection from a job-interview...basically anything that was a blow to my self-esteem could at least be somewhat salvaged by that sense of being desired.

That being said, the main reason I think it's different for us, is because the option is always open. A man who "bags" some girl is usually bolstering his ego even if he's pretty secure to begin with, because it isn't assured that he could manage to get some casual sex.

I know few women who could not casually pick up a guy up if they desperately wanted to, hence that desperation isn't usually there.

She nailed it its a challenge for men not so much for women

Bradly69

Just Browsing
Media
I have no problem hooking up with women and sometimes it's really fast like waiting at a street light they pull up next to me and next thing we have are cars parked behind a building etc..

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no problem hooking up with women and sometimes it's really fast like waiting at a street light they pull up next to me and next thing we have our cars parked behind a building etc..
:confused: Are you for real?:eek::rolleyes: I hope you keep condoms in the glove box because you are fucking some skanky hos'.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no problem hooking up with women and sometimes it's really fast like waiting at a street light they pull up next to me and next thing we have are cars parked behind a building etc..
Could you explain the details of exactly how you get from the street light to behind the building? Like how does the conversation go?

"Wanna fuck?"
"OK!"
:confused:

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
3664shaken, the rest of your post was sad to me. I hope that you can get some emotional healing and maybe develop a relationship involving more emotions.

Hmmmm – I didn’t really think that I needed any more emotional healing, I have no baggage and am very happy where I am. As far as develtoping a relationship involving more emotions, what do you mean?????

Look deep inside of yourself, just what emotions do you want LUST – because LOVE is not an emotion. I have all of those emotions, but I choose not to commit which is all love is a commitment. Love is a noun not a verb.

It sounds like maybe you've been hurt too much for that too ever happen again. I hope not!
Hurt, yes, but I choose not to go down the love path again and I have never been happier. Since my choice I did have some earlier regrets but I began to realize the great benefits about 5 years into it. I don’t think I could ever go back. I have better sex and more rewarding realtionships now then I ever had.
I just don't know if I could ever enjoy sex unless there is some feeling in it. I mean deep kissing and such.

WHUUUUUT, I have a great amount of feeling when I have sex and lots of deep kissing.

I like it if someone can do that but still not be emotionally attached. Like put all the feeling into sex without getting completely attached, at least not within a few weeks.

I think you are confusing lust and ga ga feelings which are emotions and love. Once you drop the pretenses you actually realize that being honest with yourself and the other person is more rewarding. I will not commit and I tell my partners that honestly and they have to understand and play by those rules. Once we have that understanding the relationship progresses to a higher more mature level and so does the passion, lust and sex.

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Deep Curve,

I think that the basic underlying problem is that human beings are not meant (i.e. not wired, instinctively) to mate for life.

Could not agree more, but for women the risks of divorce are higher since they typically have a lower source of income. The man provides for her so she becomes dependent. I am the exact opposite and need no financial support from a man.

The fact is, time has a way of slow-roasting romance.

Great quote.
For one thing, it's hard to have truly good sex with somebody until you've had it with them a few times. Unless you are both extraordinary communicators and highly intuitive to boot, it's going to take some repetition to learn each other's likes and dislikes, and to get comfortable together.

I agree

On the other hand, I've been in relationships where, after a few years, it begins to feel like dating your sister. You know her really well, but the spark is gone. At that point it's time to part friends. The height of good manners is knowing when to leave.

Yup, but that is when it gets messy how do you tell your brother/sister “see ya” in a nice way.

But unless a man is a sultan with a harem, a medieval pope, a leading rock star or actor, or a scion of the Kennedy clan, that just isn't bloody likely.

Disagree completely; I’ve known many a man that does just that.

The fact is, the women would never permit it. And you just can't conceal something like that, even if you were dishonest enough to attempt it (which I'm not).

Dishonesty will get you nowhere, be upright and forthcoming. I know this may sound strange, but if you are a sophisticated man, attractive, suave, etc. most women will expect you to have a few girlfriends and if they want an exclusive then move on.

Believe it or not there are many women that are craving either something on the side with NSA or they want variety in their everyday sex life. They are just afraid of going for it –due to the stigma.
I have to agree though, that it would be good if more people, of both sexes, could learn to separate love from sex instead of conflating them.
Well put, I view sex/lust as an emotion, a fleeting one at that, and Love is a commitment they are nowhere close to the same thing. Love does not make for good sex. But unbridled lust does and that is what usually goes away first.

We all get bored after a while, that’s a fact. Looking at the same penis, no matter how large and knowing all of the same moves that will be done is boring. Just like looking at the same pair of breasts and knowing what she will do get’s boring for a guy.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
3664shaken, I don't agree with your definitions of love and lust, but if they work for you it's fine with me. We may have to agree to disagree, but I value your opinion.

I like the definition of lust as intense or unrestrained sexual craving, and love as an intense emotional attachment. There is a difference between an attachment and a commitment. A commitment sounds like more of a rational decision, whereas an emotional attachment is not driven by our rational mind.

I think someone can love someone else without a commitment. It just means they think of them and feel a connection with them. Perhaps that's the way you feel with your lovers, and if that's the case then it sounds very healthy.

I don't think anyone likes commitment; they'd rather be driven by an emotional attachment to stay together, not by some obligation.

Well put, I view sex/lust as an emotion, a fleeting one at that, and Love is a commitment they are nowhere close to the same thing. Love does not make for good sex. But unbridled lust does and that is what usually goes away first.

We all get bored after a while, that’s a fact. Looking at the same penis, no matter how large and knowing all of the same moves that will be done is boring. Just like looking at the same pair of breasts and knowing what she will do get’s boring for a guy.
I disagree that "we all get bored after a while." It may be the case that you always get bored after a while, and you are projecting this onto all humans. There are certain foods that I've always enjoyed and I think I will continue to enjoy until I die. I think sex is the same way, and with the right partner it would always be enjoyable.

And things may not get boring if one's partner continually changes things to make it unpredictable. That takes some creativity and imagination.

Bradly69

Just Browsing
Media
:confused: Are you for real?:eek::rolleyes: I hope you keep condoms in the glove box because you are fucking some skanky hos'.
I have condoms and NO that are not all skanky hoes u fucking duesh bags on this site I just happen to be a hot dude that women want to hook up with quickly ...

Bradly69

Just Browsing
Media
Could you explain the details of exactly how you get from the street light to behind the building? Like how does the conversation go?

"Wanna fuck?"
"OK!"
:confused:
It has happened more than once they we pull up next to eachother and our eyes meet next thing you know we are pulling over and there you go normally not much said ...

Bradly69

Just Browsing
Media
P.S fuck u one more time ..what right do u have to put down the chicks ive been with because we hook up quickly u fuckin lame ass wanker go fuck some canalope to see if it's ripe ...U can say what you want about me i dont fucking care after all im here posting ...:AR15firing:U