why???

hotlion23

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sometimes i jsut wonder why less handsome and intelegent guys are more lucky on relathionships and with the opposite sex...

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it depends even more so on who the guy (or girl) is as a person. So many of us men think that by manipulating ourselves in some way or consciously changing superficial things about ourselves, that women will be drawn to us. It's the "Playboy" syndrome. Guys are always asking me about their personal styles, like hair or clothing or working out, to see if I think they would be more attractive to the opposite sex. My sense is that it's more complicated, guys. If you keep your body clean and in relatively good shape, know who you are as a person, don't put on airs or pretend like you're some playa, and treat other people with respect and kindness, you'll meet good, decent and attractive women. After all women are looking for the same thing as you are.

Reactions: Jjlabae

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
sometimes i jsut wonder why less handsome and intelegent guys are more lucky on relathionships and with the opposite sex...

not trying to generalize here (kinda what you did tho), but there are more handsome guys that KNOW IT... and ego tends to get in the way a lot (they are really picky about the girls, think they can have all they want b/c of their looks, etc.) NOT ALL by far... there are some really great looking guys that are really GREAT GUYS period...

some guys are too shy
some guys are too insecure
some guys are afraid of commitment
some guys just want to make excuses rather than try

(but then there are some girls.... who are the same way)

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To add to FancyPants comments, I think some women (refering to myself) feel more comfortable with someone who is just a nice regular guy, not that I wouldn't love to be with someone who looks like you, but I'm realistic in my expectations.

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

being physically attractive is less important when it comes to attracting women, women aren't nearly as visual than men are .. what attracts women is depended more heavily on the guys personality and the way he acts and how confident he is etc.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Agree with Fancy. Really hot men, for the most part, have egos the size of Texas. And they've spent such a large part of their lives drawing attention to their looks that there isn't much else to build a relationship on. There are the exceptions, but they are rare.

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
being physically attractive is less important when it comes to attracting women, women aren't nearly as visual than men are .. what attracts women is depended more heavily on the guys personality and the way he acts and how confident he is etc.

Very true, confidence, intelligence and personality are all huge turn-ons for me.

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think sometimes very physically attractive people have gotten what (who) they wanted easily and have not had to work too hard for it. They might not appreciate a relationship as much as an average looker and taken others for granted. Bimbos and Himbos have a certain reputation as vapid and shallow for a reason. Not all beautiful people are empty-headed idiots, but many sure as hell are.

If you're complaining that you are too attractive to be lucky in love, you may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Show her a sample of your spelling instead of your abs.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Very true, confidence, intelligence and personality are all huge turn-ons for me.

If you're complaining that you are too attractive to be lucky in love, you may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Show her a sample of your spelling instead of your abs.

Personality, confidence and intelligence are huge turn-ons for me, too.

And I'm not sure what you're getting at with the intelligence comment in your post. If you are feel you are intelligent, then you might want to spell check before you post. If you feel that women just date really dumb guys, well, then carry on..... You'd be wrong for the most part, but carry on.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media

1. It's not "luck".
2. Perhaps they try harder.
3. Stop idealizing other people's relationships. They might be terrible, but look good from the outside. In any case, it doesn't do you any good.
4. No matter how pretty/cool/sexy someone is, there is someone else out there who is sick of their shit.
5. Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going Out With Him? - YouTube

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its due to the many insecurities of women.

a female rather have an average or below average dude because they believe that dude won't cheat due to not having pussy thrown at him. same goes for someone who isn't very intelligent. intelligence is somewhat tied to money. the smarter you are, the better job you have, the more money you get. when you're rich...women throw pussy at you. i have a few friends who aren't so handsome or intelligent and they are either dating or married to some really cute or hot smart chicks.

i see a lot of hot females with below average dudes these days and i always say to myself "damn........she can do better".

I'm no adonis but i take great care of my body, have been told multiple times that i'm a pretty handsome dude, and am a college educated and working professional and I feel i'm more so seen as a sex experimentation, one night stand, or fuck buddy. women seem to not trust me when it comes to relationships or being serious. people only see the exterior and believe everything else is empty and theres no personality, theres no knowledge of the world, and the only thing you care about is yourself. but oh well, i'm 24 and don't mind being a casanova for a while.

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I never pick guys based on whether or not I think they are going to get too much "pussy thrown" at them. I would never pick a guy I think is "below average" or unintelligent. I don't think I know any women that would (at least not in my circle of friends). I don't even think that's a subconscious factor for me. I pick men based on chemistry, personality and a whole bunch of other things that make a relationship work.

A relationship is not built on abs, cock size or how hot the world thinks a person might be. Hot people get dumped all the time - obviously that's not the only factor that makes a relationship work.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
its due to the many insecurities of women.

a female rather have an average or below average dude because they believe that dude won't cheat due to not having pussy thrown at him. same goes for someone who isn't very intelligent. intelligence is somewhat tied to money. the smarter you are, the better job you have, the more money you get. when you're rich...women throw pussy at you. i have a few friends who aren't so handsome or intelligent and they are either dating or married to some really cute or hot smart chicks.

Maybe true from a guy' veiwpoint, from a girl's viewpoint - I'd have to disagree. Typically, women are drawn to intelligence. Good conversation is much more important than what you look like. The ability to make love to me with your mind, way more important that what you look like...

i see a lot of hot females with below average dudes these days and i always say to myself "damn........she can do better".

When you see this maybe next time instead of thinking 'she can do better' you might consider... that she DID do better.... he may have a great mind, meaning.. good conversation, great creativity during sex, and well, yeah, also money in the bank...and well as banking something in his pants... :biggrin1:

Never judge a book by its cover..

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Maybe true from a guy' veiwpoint, from a girl's viewpoint - I'd have to disagree. Typically, women are drawn to intelligence. Good conversation is much more important than what you look like. The ability to make love to me with your mind, way more important that what you look like...

When you see this maybe next time instead of thinking 'she can do better' you might consider... that she DID do better.... he may have a great mind, meaning.. good conversation, great creativity during sex, and well, yeah, also money in the bank...and well as banking something in his pants... :biggrin1:

Never judge a book by its cover..

Ditto.