Why?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awwwww poor baby,
We still love you in spite of your love of Spiderman. NO seriously, I am sorry sweetie I hope you hadnt gotten too deeply attached....

Wonderboy said:
Why can't a lover/girlfriend enjoy what I am instead of what I am not? Why not be happy with the present moment? Why?

She just left because I like Spider-Man...WTF

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My guess is that you are finding the wrong partners in the wrong places for the wrong reasons. I had similar problems for years, until I changed my whole mindset about what I wanted in a partner, what I thought was attractive. If you examine yourself, you may find the answer to your question. Not every man, not every woman, is shallow... but if you are being shallow when you hook up with someone, chances are they will be more shallow than you. Physical attractiveness is good, yes, and by its nature, will be a first/primary attention-getter. Try going out a few times with someone who is outside your normal "type", and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Crawling on the ceiling tends to freak women out.

Seriously, Wonderboy, some (maybe most?) women tend to want to reform a man into their image of what an ideal mate should be. When they finally realize that their efforts are in vain they either beat you into submission or they leave.

The happiest couplings are those in which each partner accepts and admires the other's uniqueness.

Hang in there. You'll find the right one or she'll find you.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wonderboy said:
Why can't a lover/girlfriend enjoy what I am instead of what I am not? Why not be happy with the present moment? Why?

"Spiderman" was probably an excuse and not the real issue. I'm very sorry about your frustration although it's better you understand her flakiness now than later when it would have hurt much worse.

Now you'll have time for someone who appreciates you :smile:

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like Spiderman. What's not to like about Spidey:smile:
It was something else. Her next guy will like NASCAR and she will think that's stupid too. Learn a little and move on. Just make sure you don't treat anyone that way. There really are people who can just be with a partner and be fine with who they are and what they do. Imagine if you had somehow managed to make that chick happy enough to stick it out and move in or get married. What would happen if you got laid off or made a career move or opened a business? she would be so freaked out by the lack of control she would bug out with half your portfolio.
Consider yourself lucky.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks.

I don't even go for attractive girls though, I mean pretty yeah but no one knockout attractive.

I'm kinda jealous too because my mate is going out having sex with loads of hot girls...and playing the field etc which I don't really agree with...but it sounds fun!

The girl thought Spider-Man was for kids was the problem, so she somehow thought I was a kid...girls are so crazy.

I'll be careful now and watch from a distance...or maybe stay away from girls altogther for awhile.

VixPix

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wonderboy said:
The girl thought Spider-Man was for kids was the problem, so she somehow thought I was a kid...girls are so crazy.

I'll be careful now and watch from a distance...or maybe stay away from girls altogther for awhile.

Being of a child-like curiosity and wonderment is the only way to be.

Sure, give girls a miss... come play with the women.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wonderboy said:

The Spiderman topic was the easiest
out for her. I'm not implying you have
myriad faults but in her mind the
Spiderman thing may have been the
final straw or encapsulated the things
she disliked.

Just don't quit looking for the right one.
The journey and scenery can be just
as much fun as the final destination, if
you keep an open mind. No one likes
rejection but it may be a learning
opportunity for you...good luck! :smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wonderboy Be glad she is gone! Sounds like a screwball From what i have seen of the real you pics in your avatar You are a good looking young man and shouldnt have any trouble finding another girl :smile:

JoeNeckbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
because what you are not has alot to do with what you don't do.
What you are has alot to do with what you do.
Your choices of how to take action in a relationship is just as important as your choices to not to take action. Failure to act may be more obvious than actions taken. Afterall the first duty of love is to listen. Love is an action word not just a word spoken or written. Your loving acts and failures to act in loving ways both speak loudly about your way of being in a relationship .You should be very concerned about your actions matching up with your words. Expectations are created. Spiderman is not a relationship ender. Guess again. You must eliminate every thing that is not the truth about why she dumped you . What is left after that is the truth. Spiderman is an easy conclusion to make. You are afraid the real truth might not be something you want to hear. Value discovering the truth about yourself regardless of what it is and you will experience better relationships. The way we see ourselves is not reality and is usually to our advantage.ANYWAY..Its not about what things we do in life that matters most ..its about why we do those things that is the eye of the needle of living. Why is the number one question in the history of the world. When you answer that question make sure its the truth and a fact.Your choices in life create consequences you alone are responsible for. IF YOUR CONSEQUENCES SUCK then you make other choices.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wonderboy said:

Wonderboy...what happened really bcause its not making sense...to me...

I too do not like Spiderman but i would not leave someone i enjoy and like bcause of that...

Each one is the girlfriend u r talking about ? The one you broke up while ago or a new one?

Anyways..it sucks..i know!:rolleyes:

JoeNeckbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wonderboy said:
Thanks.

I don't even go for attractive girls though, I mean pretty yeah but no one knockout attractive.

I'm kinda jealous too because my mate is going out having sex with loads of hot girls...and playing the field etc which I don't really agree with...but it sounds fun!

self pity is not attractive. its your response to what happened that hurts. what happened cannot damage you. the future is unwritten so look there. use your imagination and move forward. I'm much older than you are. Enjoy
lots of sex and have a stack of comic books on my desk. I never act my age and refuse to be stereotypical or look to others to define myself. Be one of a kind.Wear a spiderman outfit, pull your dick out, and relax.

mellowmal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Breaking up is never fun.

Everyone else has had wise advice, so I'll just say that I'm sorry you got hurt, and you've got friends all around the world who will be here for you while you gather yourself for the next go-round.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Wonderboy said:

Sounds like your'e choosing the wrong women. I love spiderman.:biggrin1: