Why ?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by B_FruitFly, Jul 31, 2008.

1. B_FruitFly

B_FruitFly New Member

Why are women so damn emotional?

My last gf cried or got pissed off at everything. I swear it seamed she was crying everyday over the most petty stuff.. I just do not understand it. :confused::eek:

2. Runco

Runco New Member

Not every woman is emotional! I'm not. What sorts of things was your girlfriend crying and getting pissed off about?

3. classact1979

classact1979 New Member

Albums:
    I seem to be suffering from the opposite problem. And I'm all woman. And extremely strong in my own right. And I'm so tired of hearing "you must have such a big soft side, you're a mom, aren't you"? I'm a single mom, and hard as hell on my kids, and anyone else that pisses me off. LOL I'm a strong woman and not afraid to show it. But when you take the time to get to know me, then you might get a glimpse of the soft inside.

4. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Men get emotional too. It might be in different ways but we do

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Some women are criers, others aren't. Why didn't you try talking to her and asking what's wrong?

I'm not a crier, never have been. I was reared in a household where tears were not allowed. :frown1: Unfortunately, some women learn early that tears can be used to manipulate the people around them, especially men.

6. gjorg

Gold Member

Ever hear the word CUNT! No just kidding. Some people need MEDICATION! Look into it!

7. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Women seem to be genetically "blessed" with a larger emotional capacity. Apparently, this makes them more able to "pick up" on babies and children.

Or maybe -- and this is my pet theory -- it's a form of birth control!! :eek:

8. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

As a man, I can say that we are hard wired to diagnose, and then fix problems, for our women. But then we are confused because many times women don't necessarily want to FIX them, but rather TALK about them. This is manifests itself into what is known as "girls night".

As a fairly experienced man, when they (women) are in an emotional whirlwind... I have learned that it's best to help when asked, LISTEN to what they say if they talk, console them if necessary or possible, or if all the above fails...stay out of her way.

Don't ask why...it just IS...but in her particular case, it sounds like she's emotionally unstable.

...OB

9. Diesel2215

Diesel2215 New Member

Albums:
    Definitely a form of manipulation!! Not always though!!

10. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:

Hormones.

Delicious hormones.

11. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

well im one whomen who dosent cry but i know some who are cry babies you mite say [ to get there way ] ive had a some what hart life and crying would not have helped me at all even if i wanted to, so i have learn to deal with what ever life gives me

12. lamplight

lamplight Member

Here's an interesting quote from David Deida's bok "The way of the Superior man". He defines masculine and feminine as two different types of energy, not genders. Although women tend to have more feminine, and men tend to have more masculine. They are just tendencies though...

13. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    [QUOTE
    Definitely a form of manipulation!! Not always though!!
    ][/QUOTE]

I agree, when they are manipulative tears, my mother explained to me there are a LOT of women capable of what she called "crocodile tears". What this means is they know by crying you will cave. Women who overuse this approach tend to get burned after a period of time when the tears have no effect whatsoever because they use it so often.

Other times as said, they are real and if it is happening VERY frequently you need to find out what the causes are.

14. Number 51

Number 51 Member

Quite possibly. My ex-wife is like that. We went to marriage counseling, and eventually the counselor told me that she strongly suspected that my ex-wife has bipolar personality disorder. She also said it would be very difficult to stay in a relationship with someone like that, which turned out to be correct....

Draft saved Draft deleted