Width and Thickness - Whats the deal?

relatedtonone256: As I've said before...I've got a 5.5 x 5.25 - not big or anything...but I just measured my "width" (the top of my penis is fairly flat) and noticed that it was close to 2 inches (if you're generous it's two, if not it's pretty friggin close).

Now - thinking about it...since Pi is approx 3 this should mean that if my dick was perfectly round I would have over a 6 inch diameter (not even close...)

My question is simple...How many of you are in this situation? Just curious...

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The key to this puzzle is "if my dick were perfectly round", relatedtonone256. Unless you're freakish, your cock is not as thick as it is wide. You have measured the width and, as has been pointed out in other threads, an accurate measure can't be Pi times the width. 3.1416 x 2 gives 6.2832, much more than wrapping a tape measure around it at its thickest point. Try the tape, man.

Luke

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah, interesting point. In all the variation present in guys' dicks, I've never seen one that's perfectly cylindrical (or visually so) nor one thats width top-to-bottom is greater than the width side-to-side.... if that can be followed.

Those are maybe consistencies that all dicks follow... maybe.

And I'd never do it with a pi, like that kid on American Pi did! LOL :D

relatedtonone256: I'm sorry Ponybilt - I think I sorta follow you - but not quite...maybe a bit of a rephrase...

I'm sort of expecting this to be common thing - but I havent seen/read anything about it .

+++Edit+++

Yeah...I see what you're saying - that from your experience it's more common to be horizontially wider than vertically wider but you're not too sure about it...

Cool cool...interesting to know.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yup, exactly what I was saying, Related. So you're not off at all in comparison to other guys.

Mine is the similar. Wider horizontally than vertically, but only by a little bit.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
It's funny that this thread has emerged because I've made some girth vs. thickness observations while comparing on cam. I've seen a couple of dudes with really thick looking ones if I saw across or from the top-down, but the girth all around isn't particularly astounding. Wide but flat, I suppose. Mine may not appear all that wide across, but whenever I grab it (not to mention when I'm getting blown :p ), the girth becomes more "apparent." In other words, if I stand to the side, my dick might look skinnier than it really is versus letting it stick out in front of me or holding it up with the base facing the camera.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My cross-section is not consistent. At the base it seems nearly round, but then it flattens a bit through most of its length, then the last few inches it narrows a bit to a rounder cross-section again.

Britannic

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mine is thicker from top to bottom than from side to side. When I look at mine in the mirror standing sideways, it looks a lot thicker then it does when I look down at it. Maybe it's just because I'm used to viewing it from the above position. I don't know. But when I look at mine from my normal viewing angle, I think, there's no way it is 6.5" around. Yet when I measure it, it is.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey, this has really developed into an interesting (and sexy) thread. When we begin telling about how our dicks look from all different angles, i.e., looking in the mirror from the side, looking down on it from above, and I'll add placing a mirror on the floor and looking at it from underneath, is enough to give all of us hardons. I would like to see your cock, Britannic. You describe it as a very fetching symbol of male virility.

For any of you who have practiced PE, do you agree that the 'milking' exercises (jelqing) tend to give width to the unit? Mine seems to have widened during my 7 months of jelqing. I think the 1.5 inch increase is on the width from side to side, not from top to bottom. I'm not complaining, just reporting the facts, guys. :D

Luke

Britannic

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by RoysToy@Aug 26 2004, 10:56 AM
I would like to see your cock, Britannic. You describe it as a very fetching symbol of male virility.
I don't know if I do that. I am just telling it as I see it. As for seeing it, that can be arranged. :)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
When flaccid, my cock seems pretty consistently thick, but when erect, the corpus spongiosum becomes so prominent that the width, though impressive, is not as wide as a side view.

I've mentioned here before, that my erection is more triangular in the cross-section than round.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Funnily enough, I can add yet another strange variation to this detailed analysis of width side to side versus thickness top to bottom. How about an erect penis that from the glans back for a total of maybe 7 or 8 inches is wider than it is deep, but where in the last section near the base the proportions are reversed?

From above I seem to have a sort of torpedo shape, big head, much slimmer neck, then a mid-shaft bulge tapering noticeably all the way back to my groin. But the tape tells a different story, i.e that my thickest past by far is right at the base where I exceed my average 7" reading by a significant amount. The reason of course is only visible in side view, as Pecker says, the corpus spongiosum with the urethra, which for some reason in my case bulges out like a sort of underbelly getting more and more prominent towards the base.

Enough self contemplation in the mirror for now. :)

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by RoysToy@Aug 26 2004, 08:51 PM
Gosh, Max, here I go to the galleries searching for pix of that wonder! Will I be disappointed and not be able to find a single pic?

Luke B)
Luke,

I sent you a p m

Knight-7x6

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by relatedtonone256@Aug 26 2004, 03:31 AM
As I've said before...I've got a 5.5 x 5.25 - not big or anything...but I just measured my "width" (the top of my penis is fairly flat) and noticed that it was close to 2 inches (if you're generous it's two, if not it's pretty friggin close).

Now - thinking about it...since Pi is approx 3 this should mean that if my dick was perfectly round I would have over a 6 inch diameter (not even close...)

My question is simple...How many of you are in this situation? Just curious...
I been thinkin the same thing. I looked at lapdog's pic by accident and he's 6" around but looks a lot thicker than mine, but mine is 6" around also (+ half a centimetre). That's one of the reasons I put my pic up. So I think mine is thicker vertically, on the top and bottom rather than from side to side. There you go.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Mine's probably strange. I suppose if I took a picture of it head-on, blew it up, and measured the picture, I'd probably get a difference, but as it is, I don't see much. Most guys do have some difference in their dimensions, though.