Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally Posted by AlteredEgo
I thought the same thing! As if a grown woman requires (or desires) his permission for anything. Please.

Wow I would hate to be in a relationship with you... It's not about being a grown woman or man or whatever. In a relationship you are supposed consider your partners feelings... I talk to my girl about everything and if I even get the feeling that she would not like me doing something, I don't do it... So if you want to be such a grown independent woman or whatever get the hell out of the relationship... With your way of thinking you don't deserve to have anyone give a damn about you :wink:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow I would hate to be in a relationship with you... It's not about being a grown woman or man or whatever. In a relationship you are supposed consider your partners feelings... I talk to my girl about everything and if I even get the feeling that she would not like me doing something, I don't do it... So if you want to be such a grown independent woman or whatever get the hell out of the relationship... With your way of thinking you don't deserve to have anyone give a damn about you :wink:

I'm extremely happily married. It's about compatibility and maturity. I'm of the opinion that a man who needs to isolate me from my friends is too immature to be in a relationship. I'm not compatible with him, so he's not the one for me, and therefore no loss.

It's not up to anyone to define my relationships with others, particularly people who were already in the picture when he entered. I don't keep like any of the women he knows, but will never make them feel anything other than welcome in our home. We communicate. Our expectations for sexual exclusivity are clear between us. Our boundaries were outlined ages ago. Do you know why neither of us needs to control the other? Because we're not silly enough to assume we can be on the same page. We talked about our wants, our needs, and our expectations. If they hadn't matched then, we wouldn't be married now. You can't control other people, only yourself. I became a much happier individual, and a better mate for any man when I realized that simple truth.

Oh. And you deserve to smother the love and respect out of your relationships with your lame attitude.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It sounds like she doesn't normally brush her teeth right after coming home...sounds like a red flag was raised...

that happens for a reason...

here's what you do...ask her how the evening went & watch her body language...if she did anything wrong, she will give herself away...

D_Bemeslay Bugthorpe Boobtube III

Experimental Member
Media
my wife went out on saturday night to have drinks with her ex b/f....--she looked incredibly hot!

She was gone for about 3-4 hours. When she got in a little after 2, i was still up working. She walked right past where i was sitting, went to the bathroom and the first thing she did was brush her teeth. She didn't even take her coat off. Then she came back to where i was working and kissed me.

she cheated before we got married and didn't tell me until she was pregnant with our kid. That still bothers me, but she seemed to be genuinely distressed at having done it.

red flag

95LSv

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Definitely a red flag... Approach her calmly and just sit down and talk about it, I really don't think you should let it go, straighten it out and everything will be better

D_Stacy Rekt

Account Disabled
Media
i asked her about it and she says she pulled a 'michael phelps' while she was out and wanted to get the taste out of her mouth.

she said her ex tried to make a move, but she refused.

i told her i don't want her hanging with him anymore and she agreed.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
In a relationship you are supposed consider your partners feelings...

What if your partner's best friend was also her ex, and you didn't want her hanging around with him anymore? She could consider your feelings and stop hanging around with him, or you could consider her feelings, and let her see him.

I would take extreme offence if my boyfriend told me I wasn't allowed to hang out with other men. It's the equivalent of saying "I don't trust you". I would only say that to my worst ennemy, not the person I love!

I'm not assuming that you are that controlling, but some people are in a relationship. Neither am I assuming this about the OP, and I'm glad you and your wife had a chance to talk about what happened.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i asked her about it and she says she pulled a 'michael phelps' while she was out and wanted to get the taste out of her mouth.

do you believe her? I mean REALLY believe her...or do you still have some doubt in your mind?

kazooplayer

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm good friends with two girls, one of whom I've dated, both of whom are currently seeing someone, and I'm hooking up with them both.

Human beings are not by nature monogamous. Human beings are by nature jealous. You all can say what you want, but we all get jealous, and we all try to control each other. Some will say they don't, but the manipulation we engage in is so deep we often miss it. I do believe that we can make a truly valiant attempt at not being jealous, but in our heart-of-hearts, we all feel the twinge of it.

I would express extreme displeasure with my girl going out with an ex for drinks, especially if she had cheated before. She certainly has every right to do whatever she pleases, but if she ignored your requests, I would think about finding myself a more considerate girl.

In your situation, since you seem to have now, or will have soon, a child, leaving probably isn't an option. I think it's likely that she didn't cheat, but it is possible. If you trust her, it's a moot issue; if not, you have quite a problem on hand.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Garlic, cigarettes, pot and booze all leave more taste/odor in the mouth than cock sucking.

My question is: did she say hello as she walked past you? To me, a lack of acknowledgement would have been far more weird.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd ask her what happened. plus why did they meet anyway? ten bucks she blew him.

I'll take that bet.

Tearnitup, should I give you my Paypal email address?

hungcook

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
maybe I am behind but what does the "michael phelps" elude to I have never heard of that.
as for what she did I am willing to bet she kissed him then she stopped him and maybe that is why she brushed. hope it works out for you man my ex wife had a situation with her ex and now that is why she is no longer my wife

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
meh...you know. She came home to you... so you win regardless of WHY she brushed her teeth. There's a reason someone is an X.

Trust is a major issue i'm taking it...because if you trusted her..you wouldn't have posted this.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I was going to guess that she smoked a cigarette, cigar or some pot. Both make your mouth taste horrible, and are things she might not want you to know.

Asking her like you did is the best option.

Also, if you don't feel comfortable with her spending time with her ex, I think you were totally in your rights to tell her so and to ask her to stop seeing him.