WifeOfBath

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you say so :confused:. I have seen her name on many, maybe even most, of my friend's profiles. I was wondering why they still have her on their list.
She's been banned? I didn't even realize it. :redface: I just thought she had chosen to spend more time at that other place.

My memory is full of gaps. Why did she have two accounts? (I was so clueless that I actually thought WoB was a lady in England!)
:lmao: I remember reading that in the 11th grade . . .it was sheer torture.
Much like this thread is becoming sheer torture. :tongue:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She's been banned? I didn't even realize it. :redface: I just thought she had chosen to spend more time at that other place.

:lmao: I remember reading that in the 11th grade . . .it was sheer torture.
Much like this thread is becoming sheer torture. :tongue:

YOu hated Chaucer? I thought her choice of WoB was a great one. An earthy woman would be a perfect choice for LPSG. PA, have you ever read any Rabelais? I remember reading it in French Lit and sitting there with my mouth open realizing that it was medieval erotica. What my prof did to get us to read! My french lit prof is long gone but his effect lives on! I do so miss him. He died an untimely death from the big A.RIP, Dr. N.

Last edited:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Odd thing about Wife of Bath-on the day she was banned, I received one of those Incoming Friend Requests. I have no idea what to do with it at this point, it just sits there collecting dust in my message bin. It seems strange to put her on a list if she isn't here anymore; yet, I feel it would be wrong to just delete the request. She seemed so nice.

When first I was confronted (and confounded) with The Canterbury Tales, I was a 10th grader who somehow found his way into Honors English (yeah, it stunned me as well). To make matters worse we were offered some torturous earlier version where we had a Wyf of Bathe and language that was hard to decipher:

Experience, through no auctoritee
Were in this world, were right ynough for me
To speke of wo that is in mariage,
For, lordynges, since I twelf yeer was of age,
Y-thonked be God that is eterne alive
Housbondes at chirche dore I have had fyve:
For I so ofte have y-wedded be;
And alle were worthi men in there degree.
But me was told certayn not long agone is,
That since that Christ had never gone but once
To weddyng in the Cane of Galilee
That by the same example taught he me,
That I shold wedded be but oonly once.
Herken, eek, what a sharp word for the nonce.
Beside a welle, Jhesus, God and man,
Spak in reprove of the Samaritan:
‘Thou hast y-had fyve housbondes,’ quoth he,
And that same man the which that hath now thee
Is not thyn housbonde;’ thus seyde he certeyn.
What that he mente ther by, I can not sayn;
But that I axe why the fifte man
Was noon housbond to the Samaritan
How many might she have in mariage?
Yet herd I never tellen in myn age
Upon this number deffinicioun.
Men may divine and glosen up and doun.
But wel I wot, withouten eny lye,
God bad us for to wax and multiplie;
That gentil tixt can I wel understonde.
Ek wel I wot, he sayde, myn housebonde
Schulde lete fader and moder, and folwe me;
But of no noumber mencioun made he,
Of bygamye or of octogomye;
Why schulde men speken of that vilonye?
Lo hier the wise kyng daun Salamon,
I trow he hadde wifes mo than oon,
As wolde God it were leful unto me

It was enough to make me hurl myself down a flight of stairs (accidentally of course, all three times). I eventually read a more modern version and found it quite enjoyable.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is so much magical literature, I wonder why we hang around message boards.

Three words: Anonymous. Human. Interaction.

Speaking of magical, I reread Barrie's Peter Pan last night. Reminded me to close my eyes and imagine the unimaginable more often. :smile:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I indeed still have Snoozan on my list. I didn't know till after she was banned that she was WoB. I also have her email address from when I first joined the site and became friends with her, she hadn't appeared for awhile and I missed her, so I messaged all the senior members (including Zora, even though her signature warned not to) trying to get ahold of Snooz. Someone gave it to me and I see it every day. From what I understand though, I'm not in her good books.. so I guess it shall remain as it is.

I say lift WoB's ban as I think her multiple account situation was never meant to do malicious harm to the site or the membership. As noted, she made no secret of who she was or what she was doing with it. NIC banned himself though I'd still lift that too because his value to the board far exceeded the damage of his TOS violation. Were I an admin, I'd offer to ban him for six months or so and then allow him to return.

Inflexibility in life makes for a bitter life.

D

deleted3782

I say lift WoB's ban as I think her multiple account situation was never meant to do malicious harm to the site or the membership. As noted, she made no secret of who she was or what she was doing with it. NIC banned himself though I'd still lift that too because his value to the board far exceeded the damage of his TOS violation. Were I an admin, I'd offer to ban him for six months or so and then allow him to return.

Inflexibility in life makes for a bitter life.

I second that motion.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I say lift WoB's ban as I think her multiple account situation was never meant to do malicious harm to the site or the membership. As noted, she made no secret of who she was or what she was doing with it.

Considering that most of the members who were on her friends list didn't know that it was her, I would say I think she did a good job of keeping her identity a secret.

There are rules here (the Terms of Service) which are meant to keep things running smoothly. The multiple ID strictness came into play because of another member and how he chose to have multiple IDs and eventually faked his death.

There is a lot more to the story.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
In fairness though, snoozan did announce that she was WoB - some people may have missed it, but just as many saw it.

In fact in this post she states that she informed the mods:

WifeOfBath said:
As far as I understand it, I stopped using the Snoozan account, started this one and haven't used them at the same time, therefore not breaking the TOS. I PMed the moderators at the time of this happening to let them know. This has happened countless times on this board-- I can think of some members you lament losing still being here on the board with a new name.

http://www.lpsg.org/89414-brand-new-hot-horny-female.html#post1503710

That post happen about a week after her first post and not long after that she started the snoozan thread because she obviously believed that everyone knew WoB and snoozan were the same person.

There was no duplicity in what snoozan did with those accounts - the dual use of the accounts was well after that and done explicitly to get banned. So, in effect, if not in the letter of the law, she got banned because she wanted to get banned. Same as NIC.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
The thing I'm wondering... does Snooz even want to come back? Or are we raising these questions for no reason? The person she was defending is no longer an active member, so I can see her point for leaving not being lifted.

I miss DC as well now that I think about it. I wish he came back.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I have no idea if she wants back, I was more using her case to make a point about a potential grey area in the 'automatic ban for multiple accounts' issue. NIC's banning is a better case in point as he only created the 2nd account to get banned. There was nothing duplicitous about his use of a second account - it was clear as day who it was.

And yet - I know of more than one user who has been surreptitiously / deceptively using more than one account and has 'come clean' to the mods and not been banned.

From what I recall of the moderator comment, hungmuscle was given warnings, not banned outright, for having multiple accounts and was only banned when he did not heed those warnings. But snoozan and NIC were banned the instant they posted with more than one account on the same day.

I think the whole multiple account thing needs to be reconsidered. And I know at least one Moderator who agrees with me - or certainly did when he posted in the hungmuscle thread.

Makes me wonder once again if having more than one account should be regarded as that grievous an offence.

Also - the membership needs to be informed as to when an automatic ban applies and when it doesn't. I mean in the ToS these two items are side by side under the 'will be banned' part

These violations will result in a ban on the user's account:
  • Use of more than one account by the same person.
  • Use by more than one person of the same account.
But I've seen several cases where one account seems to be shared openly by a couple - they post as 'we' and have a username that suggests a couple - that never seems to result in an automatic ban. cb and Mr. Ed are constantly forgetting to log each other out and I've seen one post as the other more than once and edit an 'oops' in. They don't get banned - and nor should they. So why are those two items side by side in the ToS when they aren't judged equally.

It's a bit fucking random, if you ask me. I'd be stoked to see a bit more clarity about what is OK and what's not.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no idea if she wants back, I was more using her case to make a point about a potential grey area in the 'automatic ban for multiple accounts' issue. NIC's banning is a better case in point as he only created the 2nd account to get banned. There was nothing duplicitous about his use of a second account - it was clear as day who it was.

And yet - I know of more than one user who has been surreptitiously / deceptively using more than one account and has 'come clean' to the mods and not been banned.

From what I recall of the moderator comment, hungmuscle was given warnings, not banned outright, for having multiple accounts and was only banned when he did not heed those warnings. But snoozan and NIC were banned the instant they posted with more than one account on the same day.

I think the whole multiple account thing needs to be reconsidered. And I know at least one Moderator who agrees with me - or certainly did when he posted in the hungmuscle thread.

Also - the membership needs to be informed as to when an automatic ban applies and when it doesn't. I mean in the ToS these two items are side by side under the 'will be banned' part

But I've seen several cases where one account seems to be shared openly by a couple - they post as 'we' and have a username that suggests a couple - that never seems to result in an automatic ban. cb and Mr. Ed are constantly forgetting to log each other out and I've seen one post as the other more than once and edit an 'oops' in. They don't get banned - and nor should they. So why are those two items side by side in the ToS when they aren't judged equally.
It's a bit fucking random, if you ask me. I'd be stoked to see a bit more clarity about what is OK and what's not.

Actually it really isnt random at all. There are occassions when people have a hard time logging in and make second accounts. Some times they contact us as let us know and we get rid of the other accounts or when we notice we contact them and then delete the other accounts. The issue arises when someone uses a former account while another is still actively being used. We have had former members harass other members with these online alter egos, as well as create lots of havoc. In cases like CB and Ed we know they use the same computer and are not trying to do anything devious. CB has even contacted me on occassion to let me know what is going on.
NIC made it clear that he was committing cyber hari kari because he wanted to make a permanent break from LPSG for his own personal reasons. He explained that in his thread. WOB was well acquainted with the same rules and in the wake of the DCDeep accidental banning made a similar choice.

Considering that most of the members who were on her friends list didn't know that it was her, I would say I think she did a good job of keeping her identity a secret.

There are rules here (the Terms of Service) which are meant to keep things running smoothly. The multiple ID strictness came into play because of another member and how he chose to have multiple IDs and eventually faked his death.

There is a lot more to the story.

Yeah, DMW. I know that situation and was here when it went on.

Snoozan/WoB didn't fake her death or come anything close to it. The situations are very different. I agree entirely that she created two different accounts. I do not agree that the ban should be permanent. Her absence is far more debilitating to the forum than her continued presence would be despite the TOS violation. A rule only makes sense if it prevents harm and, in her case, following the rule caused more harm than good.

CB and Ed forgetting to log each other out is, imho, completely understandable considering their situation. Any grace shown in their favor is not an empty gesture. They're good people.