Wii Sports As Exercise?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_ScaredLittleBoy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Is Wii Sports a valid/effective form of exercise? I was just on it now (boxing) and I'm a big sweaty mess! And I was on it for maybe five minutes. It is hot here today but still...my arms are sore :redface:.

So what do you think?

I read an article that says a man lost 9lb and 2% of his body fat after 21 hours on Wii Sports over three weeks :eek:

I'm brilliant at tennis, never miss a shot :wink:

2. D_Tintagel_Demondong

I've tried WII tennis and table tennis. It's fun. You are constantly moving. I'd rather see kids doing that than sitting slack-jawed in front of the tv.... and getting fat. Playing tennis for real is even better :)

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

This is exactly why I want a Wii! My son is obsessed with Playstation 2. He doesn't get to play it all the time, but he sure would like to. There are days where I have to argue with him to get him off the playstation and outside. I still make him go outside, though. :rolleyes: His anger usually lasts about 2 minutes... once he's out there throwing around the football, he's over it. But it would be great if I could get him to exercise while playing video games, too!! Especially on those rainy days where you can't really go outside.

4. Osiris

Gold Member

My old boss has been working out using tennis and boxing and he has not only lost weight, his upper body is getting in pretty good shape.

At the senior facility my wife works at, they actually use the Wii for rehabilitative functions with injured residents.

5. dong20

Gold Member

You heard it here first folks, Wii-ing is good for your health. :smile:

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I had a go at my son's I was brilliant at tennis, in real life I'm crap at it.

Draft saved Draft deleted