Wikileaks: the clinton campaign e-mail scandal

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
They get better everyday. Let's begin, shall we ...

Clinton surrogate Bill Ivey to Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta:

"And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly."

Liberals: An obedient herd of ignorant sheep.

- Sincerely, the Clinton Campaign

:rolleyes:

Many more to follow including several e-mails that show clear collusion between the mainstream media and the Clinton campaign.

:::eats popcorn:::

Reactions: kingjf64

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The email in its entirety for context:
Dear John: Well, we all thought the big problem for our US democracy was Citizens United/Koch Brothers big money in politics. Silly us; turns out that money isn't all that important if you can conflate entertainment with the electoral process. Trump masters TV, TV so-called news picks up and repeats and repeats to death this opinionated blowhard and his hairbrained ideas, free-floating discontent attaches to a seeming strongman and we're off and running. JFK, Jr would be delighted by all this as his "George" magazine saw celebrity politics coming. The magazine struggled as it was ahead of its time but now looks prescient. George, of course, played the development pretty lightly, basically for charm and gossip, like People, but what we are dealing with now is dead serious. How does this get handled in the general? Secretary Clinton is not an entertainer, and not a celebrity in the Trump, Kardashian mold; what can she do to offset this? I'm certain the poll-directed insiders are sure things will default to policy as soon as the conventions are over, but I think not. And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly. This problem demands some serious, serious thinking - and not just poll driven, demographically-inspired messaging. Rubio's press conference yesterday AM was good and should be repeated in its entirety, not just in nibbles. I will attend the Clinton fundraiser here next week but as I can only afford the low level of participation may just get to wave without a "hello." I fear we are all now trying to navigate a set of forces that cannot be simply explained or fully understood, so it is and will reamin interesting! Sent with a handshake, Bill

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's truly amazing how much blatant distortion and outright mendacity the conservative spin machine engages in. The above being a prime example.
I believe that MG has me on ignore so she hasn't seen the email she so happily posts an excerpt from.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
American politics, seems to have been reduced to, pivot and spin, pivot and spin, and pivot and spin some more. Oh, and let's throw in a sound bite and an out of context quote, then dance around that until they're distracted by Kim and Kanye. In spite of all the noise and hoopla, it's actually become quite tedious. If you weren't all armed to the teeth and dangerous, the rest of the world would completely tune out your sideshow.

They've got you all excited watching the monkey whacking off in the corner while they set you up and rob you blind behind your backs.
American conservatives are reaping what they have been sowing (exemplified by the opening post in this thread), for the past what, forty-five years? A steaming pile of shit, in the form of the Punk candidacy of Donald Trump.

I hope she shoves single payer down your nasty throats until you gag on it.

Reactions: Crimsonlurker

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
I believe that MG has me on ignore so she hasn't seen the email she so happily posts an excerpt from.

Unlike the liberal douchebaggery that claims to have me on ignore (although oddly, repeatedly, address my posts) here at LPSG I have no one on ignore. Never have, never will.

See, words don't hurt me like they do emotionally fragile safe space seeking liberals like yourself. I also don't believe in censorship like you liberals do. I just chose to ignore your previous post as it changed absolutely nothing and is, well, pointless. It amount to you banging a cowbell (like the inarticulate, incapable of proper debate, leftist shits that one sees at campus rallies) and is meant to be a distraction, to silence an opposing opinion. Can't articulate? Drown them out. But that's what you do regularly on this forum, isn't it?

Care to add an intelligent opinion as to why you believe the quote in context changes anything and I'll be happy to respond. But responding to what amounts to a child throwing a tantrum in the mall is beneath me. So flail on the ground all you like in your refusal to comprehend, accept, what one of your very own said about you. The "unaware and compliant" is manifesting in your posts. Honestly, it's cringeworthy to witness.

But alas, the Clinton campaign thanks you, sheep.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Unlike the liberal douchebaggery that claims to have me on ignore (although oddly, repeatedly, address my posts) here at LPSG I have no one on ignore. Never have, never will.

See, words don't hurt me like they do emotionally fragile safe space seeking liberals like yourself. I also don't believe in censorship like you liberals do. I just chose to ignore your previous post as it changed absolutely nothing and is, well, pointless. It amount to you banging a cowbell (like the inarticulate, incapable of proper debate, leftist shits that one sees at campus rallies) and is meant to be a distraction, to silence an opposing opinion. Can't articulate? Drown them out. But that's what you do regularly on this forum, isn't it?

Care to add an intelligent opinion as to why you believe the quote in context changes anything and I'll be happy to respond. But responding to what amounts to a child throwing a tantrum in the mall is beneath me. So flail on the ground all you like in your refusal to comprehend, accept, what one of your very own said about you. The "unaware and compliant" is manifesting in your posts. Honestly, it's cringeworthy to witness.

I took the snippet of an email you posted and posted the entire email so people could see the context in which it was written. That you can't see that your snippet's meaning entirely changes when seen in context is telling.

Reactions: Crimsonlurker

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is also the inconvenient fact that this is a "personal" email that was stolen from its author by Russia(Trump's ally) and given to Wikileaks to distribute. There is no way to tell if it has been manipulated.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Your characterization of Industrialsize's post is as baffling as your misreading of the Ivey email. But since, as usual, no one is going to change anyone's mind here, we'll once again have to wait and see what sort of traction this "scandalous" email gains with the electorate.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Well the main topic of the email was the conflation of entertainment with the electoral process. Which could be an interesting subject to discuss. But cherry-picking one line out of it and holding it up as some kind of a gotcha, is just adding to the noise.

If you want an "intelligent opinion", then don't do that, or don't start a discussion with those who you are addressing by demeaning them as "An obedient herd of ignorant sheep." What did you expect?

Didn't we use to have rules about petty name calling? And how to start a thread that promoted discussion?

Seriously, someone's a douchebag for ignoring you? Sad.

Reactions: sudcalifornio

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

MG still hasn't answered why she doesn't vote

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You brainiacs do realize that the quote was not taken out of context and it's meaning is exactly the same whether included in the entire email or viewed as an excerpt...

... right? Or do you just kneejerk think that just because it was an excerpt it must have been taken out of context?

There is no line of logic where excerpts are misleading simply due to their brevity.

The quote: "... we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly." is solid and was NOT taken out of context.

Reactions: Mercurygirl

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You brainiacs do realize that the quote was not taken out of context and it's meaning is exactly the same whether included in the entire email or viewed as an excerpt...

... right? Or do you just kneejerk think that just because it was an excerpt it must have been taken out of context?

There is no line of logic where excerpts are misleading simply due to their brevity.

The quote: "... we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly." is solid and was NOT taken out of context.
I read it as the author referring to the whole of the political industrial complex. Not only "liberals", but also so-called conservatives and progressives. And it was not the central point of the email.

Please stop with the fucking schoolyard name calling would you? It's tedious. If you have something to say, just say it without the histrionics.

Reactions: keenobserver

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I read it as the author referring to the whole of the political industrial complex. Not only "liberals", but also so-called conservatives and progressives. And it was not the central point of the email.

I agree. The context *does* matter, but even the excerpted passage by itself suggests as much:

"We've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry."

WHO "demeans government"? Liberals? Not likely. That's much more of a conservative refrain. WHO "drops civics"--i.e., undervalues and underfunds education? Again, primarily conservatives. Yes, "we all"--people of whatever political persuasion, liberals included--have been "content" to accept this state of affairs, and in so doing are jointly guilty of "conspiring" (in some loose, “general” sense) to produce uninformed voters. But it goes against the sense of the passage itself to see it as an admission of some nefarious, specifically liberal plot.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree. The context *does* matter, but even the excerpted passage by itself suggests as much:

"We've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry."

WHO "demeans government"? Liberals? Not likely. That's much more of a conservative refrain. WHO "drops civics"--i.e., undervalues and underfunds education? Again, primarily conservatives. Yes, "we"--people of whatever political persuasion, liberals included--have been "content" to accept this state of affairs, and in so doing are jointly guilty of "conspiring" (in some loose, “general” sense) to produce uninformed voters. But it goes against the sense of the passage itself to see it as an admission of some nefarious, specifically liberal plot.
This is far too complicated for Mercurygirl to understand. It involves reading and thinking.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

1). It being the central point of the email was never contingent upon the statement's veracity.

2). The whole point was for wikileaks to show that the Democrats have the same scorch and burn political tactics and the same irreverence and disdain for the electorate as the Republicans. So your other point of "the author referring to the whole of the political industrial complex" is moot as well.

Please stop with the fucking schoolyard name calling would you? It's tedious. If you have something to say, just say it without the histrionics.

It was G rated, cute and made 100% sense... I used it appropriately. You on the other hand will type the most vile, insulting and degrading insults while you troll the forums for your next bullying victim... more than a little case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I'll pull back on my G rated insults if you promise to stop trolling and bullying other members...do we have a deal? Of course we don;t... because bullying gentle people is what gets you off... it's what you do here.

WHO "demeans government"?

I didn't include your sisyphean intellectual wrangling and only repeated your question so it could be succintly and correctly answered.

The answer is "WE"... which means the author of the email and the group that they represent...

THE LIBERALS

The email was showing how the Democrat political machine has the same level of discourtesy and rudeness as the Republicans... it's really sad when you took that as an opportunity to blame it on the GOP. Liberals need a BIG lesson on PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, because you act like children anytime you are confronted with your inadequacies.

Last edited:

lookatthat

Cherished Member
Media
Charleston (South Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry.
You realize, Tripod, don't you, that this is Fox News' actual business model, right? I'm not being facetious.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering, this isn't a dialogue or a learning opportunity on your part, but "we" is a reference to the culture in general. In your eagerness to choose a side and cast "blame" of some stripe, you misread the sentence willfully. Your contorted perspective now is that Liberals are anti-government and education? That they've long been working to undermine government? To actually undermine themselves, so that, uh... something?
Could you explain this?
Or, are you going to say that THAT portion of the sentence is meaningless, and you pick and choose the other things that prove some insanely large conspiracy that never occurred? If you read the sentence in context to the entire email, then you see the meaning.
But, in your rush to cast blame and root for your team, you claim "context doesn't matter."

That's a fun last paragraph, though. As you're discourteous and rude, you condemn the other team for being discourteous and rude. Your final paragraph is funny because the author of the email is showing an undue amount of graciousness in accepting partial blame for the current political climate where he hasn't done enough to inform and educate and involve the electorate. Of course he's not involved in that, but in his language he opts to shoulder the responsibility for his part of it because he's a proud American who wants what is best for all other Americans. He's observing the failings of (Fox News) media and the political parties, and rues it. He WANTS the citizenry involved. He sees the current political climate as an all around failure. Policy no longer matters. Only celebrity.
Try reading it again.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the author of the email is showing an undue amount of graciousness in accepting partial blame for the current political climate.

Except it wasn't "partial blame", it was COMPLICITY.

Your post was really hasty and full of mostly bullshit with a small smattering of quasi-logic... it doubled down on the same poor logic displayed by the other liberals in this forum.

Do you have any more illogical bullshit you'd like to display?

... your rush to cast blame and root for your team...

Hmmm... what team is that? Gary Johnson?

I've been a loyal Democrat since I was 18. I come out and vote BIG "D" in every election including the midterms.

I will be gladly voting for Clinton/Kaine in November.

OMG!!!!! You mean a human being can hold two opposing views at the same time without losing their sense of purpose and their bearing?

I can fucking KNOW the DNC is deplorable and crooked as hell yet still be mature enough to realize that they are my only bet this November since we have a two party system baked into our form of government.

Hey, it's not my fault I am an advanced being capable of hold disparate views while still remaining loyal to logic and morality... you should consider it sometime... life is not black and white... there are no easy answers to difficult questions.

The DNC is not the happy-go-lucky/sunshine and rainbows organization you think it is... they are a party of crooks and liars just like the Republicans they rail against. They are the lesser of two evils though... I will ALWAYS seek the source of less evil.