"Will and Grace"... but kind of missing Karen and Jack

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Oct 8, 2009.

1. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

I MISS this show being on prime time. I have a box set of season 2, but I never seem to watch any box sets of anything and they sit on a shelf.

I ran into some W&G quotes online, and all of the sudden I had a freaky, tender nostalgia.... I could visualize Karen with a drink in her hand, putting down Grace, and popping a couple mexican amphetamines (with a flourish).

--------------------

Grace: Please tell me that you didn't drink your lunch yet.

Karen: Honey, I just got done drinking breakfast. You gotta give the liver a little time to digest!

----------

Will: He's using my new Chantal sauté pan with a metal-edged spatula. There is no way a crêpe is ever going to slide off that again.

Grace: Wow, you are more gay before 9 a.m. than most people are all day.

----------

Karen: Oh, I want a drag name. Give me a drag name.

Drag Queen: Ok, sugar, here's how you do it. Take the name of your first pet and the first street you lived on.

Karen: Shu-Shu Fontana. Oh, it's cute. Honey, I-- [to Jack] Honey, come here. What would your name be?

Jack: Um...Glen 125th.

----------

Ben: So, the salad's done. The risotto is cooking. Let's talk wine. Karen, you have any preference?

Karen: Honey, I'd suck the alcohol out of a deodorant stick, so you're asking the wrong gal, ok?

----------

Jack: Gosh, Grace, it was so sweet of you to cook Will and Karen dinner.

Grace: Well, you know, I just figured after a long day at the divorce hearing, it would be nice to come back to a home cooked meal.

Jack: You're so generous. I swear, if you weren't Jewish, you'd definitely go to heaven.

Grace: Thanks Jack, and if you weren't gay, you'd go there too.

----------

Will: Hey, that guy looks suspicious. He's in a gay bar eating a hot dog without any irony

----------

Karen: I have been standing around here all day with these low-end discount-shopping freaks.

[A woman in a yellow blouse looks at Karen.]

Karen: Oh, not you, honey. You're perfection. But I'd rethink the yellow. It's making you look a little "hepi b."

----------

Will: Honey, I don't need your man. I got George Clooney.

Grace: Sorry, babe. He doesn't bat for your team.

Will: Well... He hasn't seen me pitch.

----------

Karen: [knocks on the washing machine glass] Where are the fish?

Jack: No, Karen. It is a laundry mat. People come here to clean their clothes, then they reuse them.

Karen: Why, poor people are just plain clever. I wonder why they can't figure out a way to make more money?

----------

2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Jack: Do you ever find them exhausting?

Karen: I always have.

3. arthurdent

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for that. It was a great show and I miss it too. So sharp and witty. Although I found it hard to take Will as gay; he's so obviously straight!

I couldn't remember when it ended, so I just read the Wiki page on them. It says 1998-2006. I was sure it ended well before 2006, or maybe Channel 4 (UK) didn't show all the seasons. The running gags made me laugh.

#3 arthurdent, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    There are so many quotable lines from this show. Between this and The Women, I don't need to have a single original thought of my own.

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Karen speaking of Will and Grace:

"They're like Siamese Twins joined at their boring personalities."

6. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    "Grace, it's Christmas for goodness' sake! Think about the baby Jesus. Up in that tower, letting his hair down so that the three...2wise men could climb it, spin the dreidel, and see if there's six more weeks of winter"

"
    I'm not good or real... I'm evil, and imaginary."

"
    Good Lord. I can't believe I'm at a public pool. Why doesn't somebody just pee directly on me?"

"
    Uh, okay. I don't know what you people do in Costa-Guata-Mexi-Rico... But here in America, we don't eat birds."

7. B_am12388

B_am12388 New Member

I have the box set. I love this show. Karen and Jack made my stomach hurt (in a good way). :D

Draft saved Draft deleted