will any of you str8 guys

Media
vanden_thomas said:
I think your question doesn't really make sense.

A truly straight guy would not be interested...period. I know this because I am one (not just some sheltered, conservative, religious, right-wing zealot who just likes to talk about how un-gay he is).

The straight/gay percentages on this site are a pretty enlightened way of looking at things. Gay/straight is not a discreet variable. It's a spectrum. Maybe a 99/1 straight/gay guy would only have gay sex with one particular guy who he finds strangely attractive. Maybe a 90/10 guy would only have sex with guys in prison. I don't know. The point is that there's 100% and there's everything else. The question is: who are you really asking?

Whatever your intentions, do not delude yourself into thinking that any straight man could be "converted" under the right circumstances. It is that kind of mindset that will make all but the most enlightened of straight people at least a little weary of gay people. I have an absolute aversion to gay sex. The thought of letting a dude touch me intimately makes me want to vomit. I believe, however, that I am one of a minority of enlightened heterosexuals for whom this aversion does not, in any way, affect my non-sexual relationships with gay people. I see gay people as my absolute equals.

Uh...summary: Some of you gay guys should remember that if a guy seems to lose respect for you when you continue to hit on him after finding out he's straight, it's probably not because you are gay, but rather because he thinks you're a retard.
whatever! what about when "str8" men hit on gay men and then act all retarded when you actually respond to their proposals?!? i mean str8 men can be just as retarded and chicken shit u know.

vanden_thomas

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
marluc said:
whatever! what about when "str8" men hit on gay men and then act all retarded when you actually respond to their proposals?!?
a). They are not completely straight (I'm sure there are tons of people in denial because of their homophobia).

b). They are playing some kind of sick game (out of ego, cruelty, or whatever) with no intention of ever following through.

i mean str8 men can be just as retarded and chicken shit u know.
I was not talking about straight men. Sure, straight men can be retarded. So can women, dogs, goats, lemurs, chinchillas, and the President of the United States of America.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think I have a total mancrush on vanden thomas for his honesty and clarity of thought.

I'm not sure about the inherent contradictions or ostensible reasons for posting "100 percent straight" or "99 percent straight" in a profile and then hitting on gay guys through PM or in the chatroom. It happens so often on this website that I can now add "100 percent straight" to the two other red flags I find in LPSG profiles: "10+ inch dick" (with no pics) and "female."

D_Eaton Bush

Account Disabled
Media
I have long stopped thinking about straight or gay. If any guy "hits" me, with or without wife, I don't care. If I like the guy and he wants to be fucked here we go.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Matthew said:
Don't you wish.

But ... I was under the impression that many of the threads were about me!

They are. We private message all the time about what you look like and how hot you are and everything. We want to know if any has any pics of you in and out of your bvd's.

keeks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
vanden_thomas said:
dxjnorto,

Perhaps I should clarify: I don't think I would actually vomit. In fact, it's not exactly the same feeling but it's similar in that it is strong, unpleasant, and involuntary.

Actually, I'd like to expound on my preferences because I think it is probably difficult for gay guys to get a real understanding of truly straight guys since much of what people say about their sexuality is likely clouded by homophobic societal pressures.

One thing I should add to my original post is that my aversion is not just about someone else touching me. It's the the whole interaction. I love intimate interaction with a woman. Invoking feelings of arousal and pleasure in a woman is the biggest turn-on for me. The idea of arousing a guy, however, is the polar opposite for me...ick.

Also, as a totally comfortable heterosexual male, I can unabashedly admire a male body or face (the musculature, the proportion, the features, the athleticism) but only as something that is beautiful to look at. It's the same way I look at animals, cars, buildings, etc. They might be beautiful but I don't want to fuck them. It's the sexual interaction with the male person that I'm totally not interested in.

Anyway, given the absolute nature of my own preferences, I am a little annoyed when people think that they can change a person's sexual preference, as if my feelings and preferences aren't true and valid. This means that I also laugh at the right-wing radicals who insist that homosexuality is a preference and try to convert gays, the irony being that they, themselves, must be at least partly gay (the thing they hate) to believe that one has a choice.

Vanden_thomas... I completely accept your claim to have 0% interest in any other man... to be 100% and not even 99% hetero... and I don't think that claim is any way indicative of any latent homosexuality or any latent homophobia.

I believe, as a gay man, that there are some gay men, myself often included, who will sometimes feel attraction for, and want to bed, some 'straight' man, as a way to allow themselves to feel more masculine and attractive and accepted into the fraternity of straight guys... some of whom we tell ourselves just need to get off and by fooling around with another guy are not really gay in any way, but just need relief. And by association, we can pretend we are in the same situation.

I don't think this is in any way applicable to all or even MOST gay guys, but I think from my own experience, that there is a significant minority of gay men that think and behave in this way. I often frequent a XXX store/video club where both STR8 guys and gay guys go. There are female dancers on one side of the club, and video preview booths with glory holes on the other. The str8 guys go to watch the dancers, the gay guys go to the booths, and some guys visit both sides. All I can say is that the guys who end up in the booth/glory hole side that are wearing wedding rings are in very high demand.

I'm not even sure what my point of this post is, other than to say that IMHO some str8 guys have 0% interest in other men, some gay guys have 0% interest in women, but there are a significant number or percentage of '100% str8' or '100% gay' guys who live in a fantasy world. And for some gay guys, they live in some kind of nebulous world where bedding a 'str8' guy somehow makes them a more valid man.

I know that this post will draw a huge amount of criticism from many of the other gay members of LPSG, but I am feeling a need for a little honesty from myself and my perspective. This post however, is in no way intended to represent the truth of most gay men, nor most of the gay members of LPSG. It is a personal post expressing my opinion and my experience.

*bracing for the onslaught*

vanden_thomas

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
keeks,

Thanks for the insight. It makes perfect sense to me. I would say that a gay guy who has sex with a guy who says he's straight, is not actually turning the other guy gay but is helping him to accept his homosexual side that was there all along. Even so, I could see how this would be a source of pride.

Basically, it says that the gay guy is so sexy that the "straight" guy can set aside his straight identity just for that guy. The more straight the guy is, the more impressive the feat. I suppose the ultimate would be a "gay virgin," i.e. a guy who has never acted on his gay feelings, presumably because he had never before found a man of sufficient quality.

BTW, I know that the same phemomenon exists with straight guys and "lesbians" although I think it's more often a fantasy than a reality since I'm sure there are far fewer "falsely-reported 100% lesbians" than there are "falsely-reported 100% straight guys" due to societal pressures.