Will Barack Obama win the 2012 US Election?

Will Barack Obama win the 2012 US presidential election?

• Yes

Votes: 92 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 65 41.4%

• Total voters

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Haha, I've sucked quite a few dicks. I'll even blow you if that's what it takes to show I'm not a homophobe. Sucking dick has never led to any urge to vote Democratic though.

I don't mercy date or provide my penis to anyone who can't pick up on obvious sarcasm. Sorry. :rolleyes:

I've always thought that a better solution to the gay marriage question is to abolish marriage licenses and end the favoritism toward married folks.

With the number of politicians who financially benefit from religious organizations, they will never abolish "marriage" because it is one of the major institutions that religion exploits to MAKE MONEY. Period. But beyond the label, the main thing is to make sure gay & lesbian couples have all of the same rights as a heterosexual couple. They should be able to get hitched, married or whatever you want to call it. Honestly, I don't care what legal term they come up for it. They can refer to a gay marriage as a man-on-man amalgamation for all I care.

As for the military, we should dramatically reduce it's size and encourage NOBODY to join it.

...only for the government to reinstate the draft which would make the Military a requirement instead of a choice for many young men. Brilliant ideology. :rolleyes:

If we had a more free market system, there would be greater opportunities to seek employment outside the war industry. Would you not agree that most people join the service out of job desperation (especially recently)?

Not necessarily. Between families that have a long standing tradition of enrollment, to those who find it to be a way to pay for college, I don't think the majority of people who are searching for employment would join the military. Given long lasting trends in poor and impoverished areas where people have to fight and scramble just to put a plate of food in front of their families, people who are that desperate to make money will find more immediate ways to make money. I'll let you speculate on what some of those things could be.

Most of the gay issues miss the point and Democrats use them to drive a wedge between gay and straight people. We need less identification with groups and traits and more identification with one's self as an individual.

As if being gay isn't an identification factor one's self would associate with. Face the facts... the majority of people making gay rights a wedge issue are within current batch of GOP lunatics. They're the ones invoking fear among homophobic and overly religious zealots about the so-called "gay agenda". Democrats campaigning on the repeal of DADT, which has been favored by most Americans for a long time now regardless of their sexual preference, is not the thing that drives differences between gay & straight people.

Perhaps you need to enlighten yourself with more facts here - Repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell Now (DADT)

Last edited:

Yes! Unless someone amazing emerges from out of the Republican woodwork; but who?

ECUBiBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm more than fine with abolishing Don't Ask Don't Tell, but if you think that's going to make much difference on anything, you've been mislead. I see this as a cheap nugget being thrown to the "gay vote" in order to get them to stay in the Democrat corner.

Nobody's going to respect gay rights (whatever that really means, as if there are certain rights endowed to gays that are not endowed to others) until people remember how to respect INDIVIDUAL rights. If we fracture human dignity into all these various groups and designations, we'll never have more than a totalitarian society. Don't expect government to make this better. It has to begin with everyday people.

Keep in mind, I did not say anything about abolishing marriage either. I said abolish marriage LICENSES. Step back and think about it for a second. Why in the world do we need a license to get married? What business is it of the state's? Most of these licenses that we have to have today are relics of a time where the state didn't want blacks to marry whites or own guns. People who support licenses are unwittingly endorsing archaic Jim Crow Laws. So, those of you who are hung up on race now know that it's the government that propagates racism. Libertarians fight against it.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In the old days at least, marriage licenses were not granted without passing a blood test for syphillis or something, so it was also considered a health matter.

Keep in mind, I did not say anything about abolishing marriage either. I said abolish marriage LICENSES. Step back and think about it for a second. Why in the world do we need a license to get married? What business is it of the state's? Most of these licenses that we have to have today are relics of a time where the state didn't want blacks to marry whites or own guns. People who support licenses are unwittingly endorsing archaic Jim Crow Laws. So, those of you who are hung up on race now know that it's the government that propagates racism. Libertarians fight against it.

D_Tavish Titmouth

Account Disabled
Media
Regardless of the mid-term election results, I think he wins another term. The key to keep in mind is that there is no one on the GOP side who appears to be a relevant challengers. Plus you have the infighting with the tea party supporters. Palin has no chance head to head against Obama.

B_24065

1st Like
Media
Obama wont win. He has little chance of winning Florida and Ohio again. Without both of those he is done. Needless to say he is going to lose back the tradition red states like VA and NC that he won in '08. Palin wont be the Repub nominee either. Romney, Huckabee, and even Gingrich are stronger candiates in '12 than Obama was in '08 so Dems should be afraid of any republican nominee. If american's can elect a 1 term jr senator from illinois with zero executive experience, than anyone can get elected...

D_Tavish Titmouth

Account Disabled
Media
Obama wont win. He has little chance of winning Florida and Ohio again. Without both of those he is done. Needless to say he is going to lose back the tradition red states like VA and NC that he won in '08. Palin wont be the Repub nominee either. Romney, Huckabee, and even Gingrich are stronger candiates in '12 than Obama was in '08 so Dems should be afraid of any republican nominee. If american's can elect a 1 term jr senator from illinois with zero executive experience, than anyone can get elected...

I don't see any of the GOP candidates you listed having enough to gain independent support of those who voted for Obama. But if the economy is still slow by 2012, then Obama could very well lose.

Executive experience is overrated--former President Bush wasn't exactly a great President.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It depends on who the GOP candidate is. I think a lot of people would be willing to vote for someone else if he/she was intelligent, moderate in their beliefs, and charismatic...but I can't think of anyone as of now that could really sway the public

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As far as republican opponents go- I see Romney being the only serious threat to Obama at the moment. However, he has an uphill battle in getting devout christian zealots to nominate him in the first place!

B_24065

1st Like
Media
I don't see any of the GOP candidates you listed having enough to gain independent support of those who voted for Obama. But if the economy is still slow by 2012, then Obama could very well lose.

Executive experience is overrated--former President Bush wasn't exactly a great President.

If you havent notice, Indepentents have largely abandoned Obama. Plus, alot of the same Indepentents that voted for obama in 08' were alot of the same indepentents that voted for GWB in 04'. They'll be voting republican again no matter who the nominee is in.

Who_Dun_It

Just Browsing
Media
I tend to be an independent, and so far I'm voting Obama next go round even though I didn't vote for him or McCain in '08. To me, he's done better than many have given him credit for considering what all has been thrown at him in the past couple years.

D_Tavish Titmouth

Account Disabled
Media
If you havent notice, Indepentents have largely abandoned Obama. Plus, alot of the same Indepentents that voted for obama in 08' were alot of the same indepentents that voted for GWB in 04'. They'll be voting republican again no matter who the nominee is in.

We are 2 years away. A lot can happen. Plus I think many independents would vote for Obama over an ultra right win candidate that the GOP might nominate.

Why did all the independents who voted for Bush in 04 switch to Obama when McCain (who was a Bush clone) was availabe? Proves my point that a lot can change.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
People who support licenses are unwittingly endorsing archaic Jim Crow Laws. So, those of you who are hung up on race now know that it's the government that propagates racism. Libertarians fight against it.

Which is why the "Libertarian wonder" Rand Paul has a problem with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and his father Ron Paul used to own a newsletter that frequently contained discriminating remarks against blacks and gays in the 90s. Seriously, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You can shut up whenever you like. :rolleyes:

Again, marriage licenses will never be abolished because there's too much money to be made by those who exploit it. Things would be a lot simpler if government only recognized any nuptial between a man/woman, man/man or woman/woman as a civil union. They maintain all the legal rights as a regular couple, and the homophobic zealots that fuel the ignorance in churches & religion can keep "marriage" as their own private institution.

dewarsman22

Experimental Member
Media
Obama's arrogance is unbelievable. When the majority of americans began to dissent from his policies (healthcare was close to 60% opposed when pelosi "deemed it to have passed" in the house) his response was: those uninformed people they dont know whats good for them, I know better. And this republican landslide, predicted to be the largest since they began polling in 1946, coming this tuesday is a direct result of Obama's policies. He can read a great speech off his teleprompter and promise everyone everything that they want, exactly as he did in 2008, but I doubt the American people will buy it next time around.
As far as Obama being a great uniter of people of different opinions, lets consider when he accused a cambridge police officer of acting stupidly and implying he was a racist, just for doing his JOB. What a great day that was for race relations.