Will be getting oral surgery soon

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will be having an operation within the next few months on my teeth and will be having all my teeth removed and getting dentures. I have not always taken as good care of my teeth as i should have and mouth is a mess that is the reason for the surgery, anyways the point is I am really scared about this surgery the dentist says there is nothing to be afraid of but this is the first major surgery I have ever had in my life, I am posting this here because i need all the support i can get I have very few friends out here in Tucson, I am just asking all of you to keep me in your thoughts and prayers and support as I go through this. Thank You again for everyone's help with all my other issues too.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Best of luck to you!:smile:
You'll be fine, albeit in pain for a while...:eek:
Been there, done that. Just remember to relax, don't tense up, as it will intensify the pain considerably.:redface:

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I will be having an operation within the next few months ...anyways the point is I am really scared about this surgery ...

Don't fret nakedwally. The dentist will give you plenty of anesthetic and the op. should turn out well.

BTW the funny thing about this thread is that the Latest Post column has it listed as "Will be getting oral...", which makes one see this thread in an entirley different light.:smile:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Wally, I almost feel the same scared factor that you do. In the summer I will have my upper and lower jaws broken, and re-aligned, with metal plates in my face.
I'm scared as well, but we have to remember that the doctors wouldn't do it to us, if it wasn't safe, they wouldn't risk it. Just think of how good your teeth will look when they are done. Keep your chin up big guy, this will be a cake walk.

p.s. I've never had surgery, or broken anything before.

BlackCock85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't worry man, everything's gonna be alright.........I'll probably be in the same boat when I FINALLY get to that dentist office.......not to mention I probably need my tonsils removed :redface:

krashdown

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oral surgery sucks, but you should get some really good pain killers out of the deal. You'll be in my thoughts dude. And, I promise this time I won't just be thinking of your pics...

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will be having an operation within the next few months on my teeth and will be having all my teeth removed and getting dentures. I have not always taken as good care of my teeth as i should have and mouth is a mess that is the reason for the surgery, anyways the point is I am really scared about this surgery the dentist says there is nothing to be afraid of but this is the first major surgery I have ever had in my life, I am posting this here because i need all the support i can get I have very few friends out here in Tucson, I am just asking all of you to keep me in your thoughts and prayers and support as I go through this. Thank You again for everyone's help with all my other issues too.
I had this done about 10 years ago. They will knock you out. You will wake up and it will be all over. He will give you something for pain. Dont worry. I didnt even need the pain killers. I had 11 teeth pulled at one time. I used to live in Arizona in maricopa county. Great people out there....:smile: Just think of how well you will be able to suck a dick afterwords. There aint nothing like a gum job........

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thank you everyone for all their kindness and support once again LPSG members have outdone themselves, Thanx again to everyone. You are all wonderful people in my book
You are ok in my book too:wink: :smile: You will see this is nothing to worry about. Let us know how you do.........:cool:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Heres mine.

It's not intended to scare, but be thankful that you wont be as deep as I was. You shouldn't encounter this for getting dentures.

I had maxifacial surgery, due to my lower jaw protruding out, and mis-aligning my bite.

SO, they had to move the Upper Plate and the lower Jaw.

You go in, they prep you for surgery, and then wheel you in to the operating room. The last thing you see are the big round lights, and the nurse saying "BYE BYE". POOF - your out cold.

I awoke during my surgery, and they very quickly put me back out - I didnt experience any pain during that time, just heard the cutting going on.

They cut the area right under your nose on your skull straight back, and then cut the lower jaw bone and reset that to match the top. By cutting the top, they mess with your nasal cavities, and fluids may - may go down in your lungs.
With Plates, screws, lots of wire, and surgical stitches, I was sewen up and sent out.

A few hours later, I woke up with my upper and lower jaw Wired together so that I could not move. I could not open my mouth.
I felt like I had 500lbs of weight on my chest.
I was turning blue. My sister screamed, and I put both hands in an x on my chest and grabbed for my throat. Then I exhaled and the room was in shock.
I had about a cup of blood exhale from my nose and my mouth.
The nurses quickly rushed me to the Male Intensive care unit.
On the way there, the nurses threw a BIG bundle of blankets on my crotch, as I got a hardon from all the bumping and the meds (LOL).

I pass out, and then come to again once I hit the table in the male ICU.
Worst case scenario - they have to cut the wires on my jaw to get the breathing tube down my windpipe, or Puncture my side to get into my lungs...OR....the tube down the nose.

So they tell me "Ok you have to swallow when we put this in ok??"
I nod, "Here we go".
Keep in mind that the nasal cavity is still pretty raw from surgery. All I did was swallowed as much as I could.
By far..that was the most painful thing I have ever done.
I grabbed the bed, and ripped the mattress.
They started pumping my lungs out - through my nose.
600CCs later, they emptied my lungs of blood, after 2 trips down with the tube.
I apparently had clotted after that, as I didnt have many more issues.
I could finally breathe.

My healing process was slow, and eating was a bitch because everything went through a straw.

Luckily your surgery for dentures wont be that severe, as I was wired shut for 6 weeks.
Expect some pain, some swelling, but you'll be able to breathe, and eat soft foods I would imagine.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thousands and thousands of people have surgery every day, it's extremely rare that things go wrong, in most cases the pain is no more than discomfort and there are very effective drugs to alleviate pain. The operation you're having TK will be unpleasant but it will have a lifetime's benefit. Whenever anyone's having any sort of procedure it's always the ones who have a bad experience who mention it, for the vast majority of people have surgery its successful and while not their favourite experience something that isn't a biggy. Most women don't have any problem in childbirth but when you're having a baby some people delight in telling you tales about some woman who had 17,000 stitches, or whose uterus exploded reminiscent of a scene out of aliens. The people who had a good experience don't remember it as much as the ones who had a bad experience, but for everyone who had a bad experience there are thousands who counted it well worth going through. Pain isn't pleasant but it's kept to manageable levels, and operations do go wrong RARELY. Don't let one person's experience put you off doing something that has long term benefits.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Oh my fucking god... *seriously cries* I don't want to do it anymore... no way... I refuse!

Be brave girl :smile: Experiences like that are extremely rare, think how many operations take place in just one hospital in one day. With all the hospitals in the western world how often do you hear stories like this?

Plus, I don't want my holiday in 2008 to be ruined :biggrin1:

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, most surgery is no big deal these days. And oral surgeons do this stuff so much it should be no big deal. Just relax and go for it.

I have to say anesthesia is great stuff. I've had surgery several times (sinus, wisdom teeth, molars removed, lung biopsy and a little colo-rectal surgery as well) and it was all fine.

My favorite part is when they give you the twilight prep as they wheel you off to surgery. You're loopy and relaxed, it's a great high to be on and perfectly legal! Then as they give you the knock out meds they typically ask you to count backwards from 10....I've never made it to 7 before I'm out like a light. Next thing you know you are in the recovery room and they're telling you everything went well and it's all over.

The biggest thing is to make sure you have a friend or family member who will pick you up and stay with you for the first 24 hours. You'll probably want to sleep during most of that timeas the anesthesia wears off. You'll need friends and family to go get your medications (pain pills), make you some smoothies or what ever you're allowed to eat for a few days and to help you in and out of bed for that fist day.

You'll really appreciate how your body works. My sinus surgery was an eye opener in that I'd do things and have no idea why I'd feel it in my nose but they body is all interconnected and once you get your teeth corrected you;r going to feel a whole lot better I'm sure of it!

Don't over do it and do everything the doctor says. I went into the pharmacy with my mother to get my pain meds after my wisdom teeth and almost passed out as I wasn't supposed to be moving around a lot yet.

I've thought several times about getting all of mine pulled just because I've got a lot of cavities and I love sweets too much to give them up. But I have a great dentist now and I enjoy going in for check-ups.

You'll both be fine. Kink and Wally. We'll be sending good thoughts your way!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hi Wally,

More than likely you do not need all of your teeth pulled. If they are still in your head you can generally keep them. I was having some gum recession and pocketing that I have pretty much reversed by brushing morning and night.

You sure want to keep as many of your teeth in your head as you can at age 26. I have a few new tricks that I figured out. I'd do anything to keep my teeth as long as possible. If you don't want to take care of your mouth, oh well, pull them out. Somehow I don't think wearing dentures for the next 50 years is going to be any easier than starting now to take care of your mouth.

Extraction is the absolute last resort. How much you paying this guy?!

ItsSubjective

Just Browsing
Media
Oh my fucking god... *seriously cries* I don't want to do it anymore... no way... I refuse!

I had this done to my lower jaw and it wasn't so bad. The only pain I ever had was a raw aching in my throat from the breathing tube at the hospital. The worst part was no solid foods for months. I was pitiful, going into the refrigerator to longingly smell things I couldn't eat.

Overall, I'd consider my surgery a success. I did lose a little feeling in my lower lip, but all the benefits of properly aligned mandibles were worth it.

As long as you are both comfortable with your doctors, I'd say you don't have much to worry about.