Will circumcision help me?

Stroking18

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
First of all please read this:

This is not meant to be a debate on circumcision

If anyone can provide input who has gone from uncut to cut please respond!

I'm an uncut male that has noticed something lately.
Normally when I have a quick jo session or a quicky with a partner my skin doesn't retract all the way and I'm usually not 100% hard.

I've noticed that when I'm by myself jerking off that if I take my time, I can gently roll my foreskin back(although its tight) and my head size will grow 2x and my girth towards the head will also increase along with my hardness. The problem is that the glans of my head is extremely sensitive as if its being constrained by the foreskin and my frenulum is stretched out alot.

I'd really like to be able to have my foreskin roll back all the way, all the time, giving me this size.. It feels like blood is getting to all my parts of my penis rather than just the middle/base. I'm considering going to my doctor to speak with him. I'm not sure if this is something a partial circumcision could help. Any advice is appreciated!

Also, do you guys think circumcision would decrease the sensitivity in my head? When I'm all the way hard my foreskin is extremely tight and its almost painful. I'm able to roll down my foreskin easily any other time it just doesn't stay in place. When I'm all the way hard it stays in place but feels like its choking me

D

deleted15807

First of all please read this:

This is not meant to be a debate on circumcision

You CAN'T be serious :cool: Aren't there enough threads on this subject? Do you know how to use the search function? Can you not check with your doctor? There are no doctors on this board.

Stroking18

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You CAN'T be serious :cool: Aren't there enough threads on this subject? Do you know how to use the search function? Can you not check with your doctor? There are no doctors on this board.

Haha I know its a difficult request. I've searched around! Most the conclusions are that the foreskin is too tight and needs to be stretched. But I don't think thats the case. My foreskin is plenty long I just can't stretch it anymore to help with the girth.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You can keep stretching it. Get a Dorsal Slit. Or circumcision. It's your penis, but I'd go with the stretching.

Circed_85

Just Browsing
Media
You need to take time and very carefully determine which parts of your penis give you most enjoyment.

Pay attention to the shaft, outer foreskin, inner foreskin, frenlum, glans, coronal ridge,etc each in succession and as a whole. Also know which kinds of sensations and sex you enjoy more than others.

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Depends considerably on what you mean by "help." Yes, very definitely circumcision will decrease glans sensitivity, after the initial period of hypersensitivity. And even a "partial" circumcision will remove much of the most sensitive and sexually responsive tissues of the penis, including the "lips" where the inner & outer foreskin join and the ridged band just behind the lips. It might be possible to leave the frenulum essentially unharmed...though merely severing it at any point interrupts much of its function of transmitting pleasurable sensations.

It's strange that you have only "lately" noticed that your foreskin doesn't retract easily and that you both do and don't reach complete erection firmness (though the variation in tumescence is not unusual: could be psychological because of your foreskin problems or might depend on your degree of arousal). Have you experienced some recent physical injury or change? Doubtless you are exaggerating when you say the glans expands to twice its normal size, though some increase can be expected if the foreskin in its forward position is too tight or if retracted it "chokes" the penis: that will hold the blood supply in. If when you say the frenulum "is stretched out a lot" upon retraction you mean it is very tight (and probably shows white-ish), part of your problem may be frenulum breve, a short frenulum. Your foreskin's being "plenty long" has nothing to do with your girth problem--that requires stretching the width, not necessarily the length. Try researching stretching techniques, both for the foreskin and the frenulum (or I can cite some sources for you). If after a regular regimen of exercises for two or three months you see no progress, then it might be well to consult a urologist. But caution: he should be a knowledgeable, compassionate physician, one who does not immediately, automatically recommend circumcision...who is willing to work with you to resolve your problems with gentle, bloodless methods. (Also beware of the doctor who subscribes, honestly or deceitfully, to the current myth that circumcision prevents the contraction of HIV/AIDS. It demonstrable does not do so.)

But if you finally decide that some surgical procedure is absolutely necessary, you should by all means explore and consider some of the methods less severe than total circumcision. ~~ To close this off, let me quote for you one of my favorite reminders: There's nothing magic in retracting to the balls, and there's nothing tragic in not retracting at all--unless there are unusual problems such as yours, that is. Large numbers of men have foreskins that quite naturally do not retract fully, and suffer no disadvantages or problems.

ukboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have the same issue and I am booked in for a consultation on 30th Dec with the option of surgery on the 4th Jan. It will either be a removal of the frenulum or a full circumcision depending on what the doctor says.

duke-

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Stroking18: First off, how old are you and could you post some pictures of your penis?

You can stretch your foreskin over time with cream/lubricant with exercises if it´s tight and won´t retract, ask your doctor for more information.

S

SirConcis

The goal of a penis is to have fun. You don't want a penis where you are affraid of pain (tight skin, over sensitive glans etc).

Depending on your age and just how tight your foreskin is, stretching may provide a solution. But this will also require that you change your masturbation technique to ensure that the skin roll back FULLY on every downstroke (to ensure your skin doesn't tighten up again).

One thing you need to note: an uncircumcised whose foreksin retracts easily and is short enough to retract automatically during erection will have a glans which would not "hurt" when played with, whereas an uncut with long and/or tight foreksin where the glans is rarely fully exposed will have an over sensitive glans.

So, while a partial or full circumcison may decrease sensitivity, you need to see this as an improvement to remove the over sensititivy of glans which may lead to discomfort or pain. An uncircumcised with short foreksin who get cut won't notice much of a change in sensitivity.

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
etc). [1] ...stretching may provide a solution. But this will also require that you change your masturbation technique to ensure that the skin roll back FULLY on every downstroke (to ensure your skin doesn't tighten up again).

[2] ...an uncut with long and/or tight foreksin where the glans is rarely fully exposed will have an over sensitive glans.

[3] So, while a partial or full circumcison may decrease sensitivity, you need to see this as an improvement to remove the over sensititivy of glans which may lead to discomfort or pain.

[1] Being intact with a long foreskin, I can assure you that there would be no need to "change your masturbation technique"...unless you choose to do so. I can (and do) use both techniques: skin pulling back behind the corona on each instroke or skin moving back and forth on the glans only. What I can't assure you of personally is whether there is need to keep stretching after you've reached the desired dimension. But stretching instructions often say that you need to keep stretching for a while after the desired stage has been reached in order to prevent retightening. That would seem, at least, to indicate that at some point there would be no need to continue stretching. But if so, so what? A few tugs occasionally ought to suffice...a small price to pay for keeping one's sexual equipment intact!

[2] I can't comment on glans sensitivity with an overly tight foreskin, but I can say that a long foreskin in and of itself does not result in oversensitivity, and certainly not in pain or discomfort. Glans sensitivity will automatically adjust to the proper degree with any foreskin that is retracted regularly (e.g., while washing, urinating, masturbating, engaging in sex) Very importantly, however, foreskin does preserve a desirable degree of sensitivity in the glans--and the mere act of retracting it initiates pleasant sensations: mild in everyday activities, strongly erotic during, or in anticipation of, sex.

[3] Circumcision of any degree most definitely will decrease sensitivity. And it is definitely not an improvement. (Read and ponder those two sentences again!) How could it be with the loss of up to 20,000+ pleasure-creating nerve endings and the pleasure-specific ridged band--often also the frenulum. Even severing the frenulum without removing it interrupts its function of transmitting pleasurable sensations through the nerve strands running its entire length.

Last edited:

ukboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had my consultation this morning and the doctor confirmed I have a very short frenulum which he recommends acting on as it could cause me problems if I leave it as it is.

He gave an option of just having the frenulum cut but recommended a full circumcision as he said it would give a cleaner and neater result.

They have a slot on Monday so I guess it is decision time......

Watch this space!

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
[1] Being intact with a long foreskin, I can assure you that there would be no need to "change your masturbation technique"...unless you choose to do so. I can (and do) use both techniques: skin pulling back behind the corona on each instroke or skin moving back and forth on the glans only. What I can't assure you of personally is whether there is need to keep stretching after you've reached the desired dimension. But stretching instructions often say that you need to keep stretching for a while after the desired stage has been reached in order to prevent retightening. That would seem, at least, to indicate that at some point there would be no need to continue stretching. But if so, so what? A few tugs occasionally ought to suffice...a small price to pay for keeping one's sexual equipment intact!

[2] I can't comment on glans sensitivity with an overly tight foreskin, but I can say that a long foreskin in and of itself does not result in oversensitivity, and certainly not in pain or discomfort. Glans sensitivity will automatically adjust to the proper degree with any foreskin that is retracted regularly (e.g., while washing, urinating, masturbating, engaging in sex) Very importantly, however, foreskin does preserve a desirable degree of sensitivity in the glans--and the mere act of retracting it initiates pleasant sensations: mild in everyday activities, strongly erotic during, or in anticipation of, sex.

[3] Circumcision of any degree most definitely will decrease sensitivity. And it is definitely not an improvement. (Read and ponder those two sentences again!) How could it be with the loss of up to 20,000+ pleasure-creating nerve endings and the pleasure-specific ridged band--often also the frenulum. Even severing the frenulum without removing it interrupts its function of transmitting pleasurable sensations through the nerve strands running its entire length.

You know what you are talking about. I am also uncut, in a country where most are so, but I am afraid a new trend is on its way, alas. I am taking my hat (not to say another) off to you! :wink:

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
I agree with Kaldergrosse and would try stretching techniques. The technique would have to be somewhat different from what restorers use since you need to increase the width and not the length.

In addition to manual some of the same devices that are used by restorers may be helpful. For instance if you put a skin cone on your glans and rolled your foreskin over it (I would need a second cone on top of my skin to keep it in place since I was circ'd). Wear snug briefs to keep it in place. You could upgrade to larger size cones as you progress. I have also heard of guys using small plastic bottles to roll their skin over that are larger than the glans in order to stretch the skin - may need to devise a method to keep the skin in place. These techniques could supplement manual stretching techniques.

likes2seemore

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
stroking 18, i was cut at the ripe old age of 40.my only regret was that i didn't do it when i was 20.every individual is differint.my sensitivity decreased after about six months or so,making sex sooo much better and long lasting for me.lube is required a little more.the size of my "head" looks to be plumper when hard,i love it.make a thought out decision,it is perminate.good luck

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
stroking 18, i was cut at the ripe old age of 40.my only regret was that i didn't do it when i was 20.every individual is differint.my sensitivity decreased after about six months or so,making sex sooo much better and long lasting for me.lube is required a little more.the size of my "head" looks to be plumper when hard,i love it.make a thought out decision,it is perminate.good luck

Excuse me, but could you please elaborate on this? If your sensitivity decreased, why is sex so much better?

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had my consultation this morning and the doctor confirmed I have a very short frenulum which he recommends acting on as it could cause me problems if I leave it as it is.

He gave an option of just having the frenulum cut but recommended a full circumcision as he said it would give a cleaner and neater result.

They have a slot on Monday so I guess it is decision time......

Watch this space!

Dont really understand the bit about 'cleaner and neater'. I don't see that an outsider would see any difference after just having the frenulum released when the foreskin is in its normal forward position. Is he expressing an opinion that a circumcised cock looks nicer? (really can't agree, if so)

You seem to be saying the problem is not that the foreskin is too tight around but that it attaches too high up on the underside of the penis so it cant roll back? I undertsand why people whose foreskin in too narrow to roll back might want to have it removed but I don't see the advantage in removing it when it works fine, just is attached too high up. It may be a matter of degree, but releasing the foreskin seems to me just to need nicking the frenulum where it pulls tight so there is more slack. I hear this occurs naturally to some guys, though I guess the process might get out of hand if it tears the wrong way.

Perhaps you ought to consider how you wank and what impact not having a foreskin will have on this. Myself I wank way more often than I have sex with someone else, and even with someone the foreskin is a tool for more interesting sex. Not having a foreskin reduces the sensitivity of the glans because it gets toughened up rolling about unprotected. I cant tell you what effects this has in the long term, but being able to keep my own foreskin rolled back if I choose, I did once choose to see how it felt. At first it was very exciting with the head touching stuff all the time. After some time this wore off and I decided I didnt like the reduced sensitivity, so I stopped the experiment and always now wear it rolled forward.

I had a look at your pics and must say they looked pretty normal to me. Hard to be precise without being 'hands on'. It is normal that the frenulum is the tight side where the skin pulls first if you stretch the skin on the shaft back. It is also possible to come that way. I normally roll skin over the top, but sometimes do it just pulling back. The tugging through the frenulum pulls the head down and is just enough to come that way. Not to mention it is a way to just tease yourself (or another guy as would be my case) who is getting close.

Last edited:

ukboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am thinking of just going for the frenulum cut option. It is tight and has been bugging me for years - discomfort rather than pain. But I understand that if it tears it is excruciating so I'm thinking it would be wise to have it seen to.

Personally I think that a cut dick looks way nicer than an uncut one but that is a personal preference - I do agree that in this case it is probably a bit extreme for the problem with the frenulum. And if I have the frenulum only cut it will still look circumcised when it is hard.

duke-

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If you choose to have the frenulum cut at this time you can see if this solves your problem.

If not you can later on consider a circumcision.

At your consultation did you talk about healing time, does it differ from the two procedures?