Will circumcision help me?

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
UKboy: Don't let the NHS schedule rush you into a decision that you could regret!!! Take your time, ponder all (repeat: ALL) options. As Likes2 says (Link 15): "Make a thought-out decision; it is permanent"! Reread thoughtfully all opinions and information on this thread (esp., if I may modestly recommend myself, Links 6 & 11); digest it all. Then consult other sites, such as circumcisiondecisionmaker.com, circumstitions.com, and icgi.org (International Coalition for Genital Integrity). Inform yourself thoroughly on the pro's (if any) and con's of penile surgery. If you opt for it simply because you "think that a cut dick looks way nicer than an uncut one," then maybe you are willing to pay the high price of lifelong diminished sexual sensation for something that is, after all, only in the eye of the beholder.

I fear, from what you report, that you have consulted a cut-happy, circfetishist doctor. His recommendation that you undergo circumcision because it "would give a cleaner and neater result" (whatever that is supposed to mean) is nothing short of irresponsible and contemptible. Did he discuss with you all of the negatives? Did he suggest less severe alternatives? Did he mention frenuloplasty (surgical lengthening), for example, in lieu of frenulectomy (complete removal)? Did he inform you that the "mere" severing of the frenulum, even without its removal, results in some permanent loss of sensation? Did he explain the possibility of stretching? If he did none of these, you most definitely owe it to yourself to beware of his "expertise" and advice.

Though your photos are not of the clearest quality, the last one seems to indicate pretty clearly to me that your frenulum is not (in today's vernacular) all that short. It could be longer, yes, but if I am seeing clearly, your retraction resulting in the bent-down glans shows at least an inch (and maybe more) of inner foreskin. That indicates to me that you might well not have that problem with a lesser retraction. And that indicates that you actually, in the real world of all sorts of penile variations, may well have no real problem. If you have had no difficulties with masturbation or intercourse so far, why would your doctor suggest that any might arise later...and just what, according to him, might those be? Extreme retraction is not by any means a necessity. An intact foreskin, however, comes close to being just that, as far as optimum sexual satisfaction is concerned.

In the final analysis, it is your penis and your life. Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best. Just be sure that, after all is said and done, your decision leaves you with no regrets.

Last edited:

ukboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a direct result of the comments on this thread I have postponed tomorrow's surgery - I don't want to make a rash decision that I might later regret and think I should take my time on this and perhaps get a second opinion. Thanks for all the comments and advice.

karldergrosse - I went private so it wasn't an NHS rush job :)

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
As a direct result of the comments on this thread I have postponed tomorrow's surgery - I don't want to make a rash decision that I might later regret and think I should take my time on this and perhaps get a second opinion. Thanks for all the comments and advice.

karldergrosse - I went private so it wasn't an NHS rush job :)

Decision to postpone, do more research and get other opinions was a good one. It truly is a life changing decision that should not be taken lightly. I wish I had such an option.

Good luck.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I went from having a foreskin to not having one. Best decision of my life. Not a decision I would recommend to everyone. Circumcision did not decrease the sensitivity to my head.

I tried the stretching techniques and steroid creams but the stretching is quite honestly a long arduous undertaking, at least in my case, and the steroid cream did not work.

Whatever decision you make is the one you will have to live with but I'm here to say that the doom and gloom people perpetuate about circumcision is unfounded and personally no one else in this thread is giving you any advice from the clarity of having experienced an adult circumcision.

The decision is ultimately yours. Do your research, try as many techniques as you can. Circumcision should be your last resort.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
when you ask a surgeon if cutting is a good idea, the answer is always "yes".
you might want to rethink the question.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Once you do it you can't go back, from a British woman's point of view foreskin is lovely to play with, take it away and I'd really miss it.

Cleaner and neater, who decided that's an asset for a penis anyway? Your post is a little hazy, it points to a feeling of tightness, but no pain, if you're having pain maybe circumcision is the way to go, if its just a little tightness try other avenues, you can always go on to have a circumcision at a later date.

Last edited:

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Are you going to have the frenum cut so it lengthens (Frenuloplasty) or a frenectomy which will remove the entire frenum?

I would go with the frenuloplasty. There's nothing wrong with your frenum, but you can clearly see in your pics its a bit tight. By removing the frenum entirely, you'll loose the sensitivity the frenum brings, and have a MUCH MUCH longer recovery.

With the frenuloplasty you solve the problem by lengthening the frenum with less posibility of damaging nerves or other complications from more invasive procedures.

I am thinking of just going for the frenulum cut option. It is tight and has been bugging me for years - discomfort rather than pain. But I understand that if it tears it is excruciating so I'm thinking it would be wise to have it seen to.

Personally I think that a cut dick looks way nicer than an uncut one but that is a personal preference - I do agree that in this case it is probably a bit extreme for the problem with the frenulum. And if I have the frenulum only cut it will still look circumcised when it is hard.

S

SirConcis

Don't let others prevent you from making a decision. It is your penis, your decision. You've read opinions here from people how have not seen nor ooperated your penis/foreskin, so we can't know for sure what is wrong and which techniques might resolve your problem

I would suggest you take matters into your own hands, litterally. Analyse your own foreskin. Pull it back and observe exactly what happens, where it starts to be tight and why. There are plenty of videos on-line that show how a normal foreksin is expected to retract fully. You can compare.

Then, do meet a doctor and show him where the problem lies.

Either way, if you feel you have a problem with foreksin, then get it fixed. There is no point in postponing a solution because in the end, every month you postpone it, is a month you life without a penis you are happy/comfortable with. Life is short.

Also, be weary of magic creams and stretching solutions. They work on some, and don't work on others. There is only so much stretching that can be REALLY accomplished in an adult. The younger you are, the better those solutions work.

Unless the doctor is very confident your tightness is light enough that stretching will work, consider the possibility that he may have you go through 6 months of creams and stretching only to conclude that it didn't work at which point circumcision will be done anyways.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was cut several years ago. It was the best thing I ever did. Have never once regretted it. If you want to know more, message me.

Jory

Experimental Member
Media
The short answer to yr question is "Yes it will". Go for it and let us know how you get on.

Dante_420

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
dude why would you want to get circumsized. personally i think chopping off part of your cock is just weird and unnatural if we were meant to be circumsized we would have been born with no foreskin. heres the pluses to having a foreskin. first off you get more pleasure during sex with it rubbing back and forth across your dick. you dont have to worry about having a scar on your penis. you dont even need to use lube to masturbate. the only downside is its a bit harder to keep it clean but your a guy and should take pride in washing your willy. i know i do i give my jimmy a good scrub every morning just to show that i care

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
I was cut several years ago. It was the best thing I ever did. Have never once regretted it. If you want to know more, message me.

Perhaps you are okay with your circumcision now; further down the road you may regret your decision.