will republicans vote black

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it depends on the Rapethepublican. Some Rapethepublicans are even black like, Clarence Thomas, Condaleeza Rice, and Colin Powell.

There are racist Demoncrats. I have a few friends who are Demoncrats and very pro-Hillary because well, "They don't do chocolate." It makes me want to vomit, I tell you.

Racism isn't exclusive to one party, unfortunately.

I am far from being a bleeding heart liberal, or any other type of bleeding heart ... and I am certainly not a democrat ... but the one bright spot in the process is the fact that for such large numbers of Americans, the candidates race or gender is not a hindrance to consideration

This probably sounds trite and jejune to some, but given the historical record, this is actually something I am in awe over ... it is not that long ago, that this would have been unthinkable

I am not surprised that Simcha would have such friends, but am gratified to see that they stand within a rapidly shrinking minority

Hopefully, this is real progress, so that the American public will also be conscious of the real impact the Bush administration has had on the nation, and its future

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow, last i was in the voting booth i was voting on issues, not skin color.

I don't associate with racists, so why are you brushing Republicans as racist when there is a clear and obvious past with racism in both parties?

hope this wasn't directed to my post ... I certainly am not doing that, or meaning to do that ... I have been a member the Republican Central Committee ... that people are doing as you indicated, "voting on issues", oblivious to race or gender, is what I was applauding

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Oh ok, i must have totally misred your post. Honestly, i think im just getting a little spent over the Republican bashing to the point of thinking no one else is a Republican on here or something. Pardon my broad generalization.

Wait, i just looked at who i was responding to and it was the original poster, not you by any means. I didnt read your post until now.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh ok, i must have totally misred your post. Honestly, i think im just getting a little spent over the Republican bashing to the point of thinking no one else is a Republican on here or something. Pardon my broad generalization.

Wait, i just looked at who i was responding to and it was the original poster, not you by any means. I didnt read your post until now.

cool

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am far from being a bleeding heart liberal, or any other type of bleeding heart ... and I am certainly not a democrat ... but the one bright spot in the process is the fact that for such large numbers of Americans, the candidates race or gender is not a hindrance to consideration

This is something that we both can agree upon, Amen.

This probably sounds trite and jejune to some, but given the historical record, this is actually something I am in awe over ... it is not that long ago, that this would have been unthinkable

That's oh, so true.

I am not surprised that Simcha would have such friends, but am gratified to see that they stand within a rapidly shrinking minority

Hey, what? Is that a slam against me or are you just saying that racism is everywhere? I can have friends with whom I disagree, even strongly sometimes. I'm a liberal and I've always had conservative friends. Dialogue is important, in my opinion. I continue to point out the racism in my friends' comments and this continues a dialogue. Perhaps one day, they'll see the light. If I disappear from our interchange, they'll never hear another point of view. The same thing goes for conservatives with whom I've been friends. I've learned a lot from some of them, and they have changed my mind on more than one occasion. And the opposite has been true when I've made good points to them. I don't run away from confrontation and the exchange of ideas. I think that unwillingness to dialogue between different camps with different ideas is what is wrong with our current political system.

Hopefully, this is real progress, You have my full agreement here.

so that the American public will also be conscious of the real impact the Bush administration has had on the nation, and its future And here you've lost me. If you are saying that people will wake up to the fact that the Bush Administration has done more to step on the Constitution, to torch The Bill of Rights, and to ruin our reputation around the world than any other administration, then I see where you are going. If not, then you are most mistaken.
:rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually, I was thinking of the our weakened economy, eroded military, and the slide of American prestige ... but your right, I would also point out the way he has trampled on the Constitution, pursued a foreign policy that weakens American security, and continues to pursue policies that wreak havoc on the environment and natural world

at his election and re-election I had been saying he was the wrong person at the wrong time ... sometimes, I hate being right!

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
actually, I was thinking of the our weakened economy, eroded military, and the slide of American prestige ... but your right, I would also point out the way he has trampled on the Constitution, pursued a foreign policy that weakens American security, and continues to pursue policies that wreak havoc on the environment and natural world

at his election and re-election I had been saying he was the wrong person at the wrong time ... sometimes, I hate being right!

Aww, see, and I think you would be the kind of conservative with whom I can be friends. :rolleyes:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Yes you make a good point. However most people dont vote on skin color and just simply follow the party line. Thats normal. I wont be voting for him because he isnt a Republican.

In certain midwest states, they always vote Republican (final tally), and it seems to be hereditary. In my own family, I have a cousin who will vote Republican "because Dad does". It seems easier to do it this way than to involve a thought process.

ladsonbehr49

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I personally see black and hillary teaming up because McCain is catching steam. Look at it this way. Some dont want A black and some dont want a woman either so, McCain is the alternate.

Has anyone thought about that? Frankly this campain speeches are all the same year after year and why vote for a millionaire when they hardly know what the common needs are. they dont care at all. And I do not care who wins really...it is always the same shit over and over.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm finding this presidential race particularly frustrating.

It's issues and experience that matter--not color or gender. I am not voting for Obama; he lacks experience, plain and simple. In the future, he would be someone I consider; he's a freshman among seniors.

I've been anti Hillary since she was first lady, but in the past few months I've developed more respect for her and she has handled herself extremely well and confident during the debates, especially the one last night. She has a passion, ambition, and intelligence that I'm really liking. And this is coming from someone who did not vote for her husband either time.

I'm not totally pleased with McCain, but his years in the senate and overall experience with both domestic and foreign affairs is attractive.

If it comes down to McCain and Obama, I will have to vote for McCain. That's a given. If it's between McCain and Hillary, I'm torn and undecided at this time.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I personally see black and hillary teaming up because McCain is catching steam. Look at it this way. Some dont want A black and some dont want a woman either so, McCain is the alternate.

Has anyone thought about that? Frankly this campaign speeches are all the same year after year and why vote for a millionaire when they hardly know what the common needs are. they dont care at all. And I do not care who wins really...it is always the same shit over and over.

When Kerry and Edwards joined as running mates, I don't recall the same level of sparks that O'bama and Clinton have in their debates. It's pretty hard to go back after all this and be a running mate after one has alleged the other to be a plagiarist. Hillary and O'bama is a winner take all and name your running mate as not being one of the big 2 in this party nomination. How could O'bama run against McCain with Hillary after Hillary called him a plagiarist ? Conversely, why would Hillary name a plagiarist as her VP choice ? That ammo alone would make it almost as easy as when they picked on Kerry last time.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Conversely, why would Hillary name a plagiarist as her VP choice ? That ammo alone would make it almost as easy as when they picked on Kerry last time.

:tongue: I have a hard time believing most Americans would view Obama's uncredited borrowing from someone else for one his speeches as a huge campaign issue. That's stretching it. If that's all the GOP has to run on, I'd say they should hang it up now.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Republicans are primarily white, wealthy (or wannabe wealthy)(status symbol for them) and mildly racist.
Democrats are a mixed group. Obama won't get alot of republican votes and will get a majority of democrat votes. Will it be enough?
I myself would vote for a non english speaking mexican illegal rather than a republican!

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
I'm finding this presidential race particularly frustrating.

It's issues and experience that matter--not color or gender. I am not voting for Obama; he lacks experience, plain and simple. In the future, he would be someone I consider; he's a freshman among seniors.

I've been anti Hillary since she was first lady, but in the past few months I've developed more respect for her and she has handled herself extremely well and confident during the debates, especially the one last night. She has a passion, ambition, and intelligence that I'm really liking. And this is coming from someone who did not vote for her husband either time.

I'm not totally pleased with McCain, but his years in the senate and overall experience with both domestic and foreign affairs is attractive.

If it comes down to McCain and Obama, I will have to vote for McCain. That's a given. If it's between McCain and Hillary, I'm torn and undecided at this time.
I agreed with the concept of hiring the most intelligent, academically prepared, gregarious and experienced candidate at one time, i.e... prior to the bush appointment almost 8 years ago. All that is out the window now, forever, since bush has none of those qualities, but survived by relying totally on the talents of those who surround him. Just goes to show that a president cannot do it alone.... BUT... s/he he must be able to motivate others to believe and act. Leadership qualities are essential. Let's make McCain and Hilary an intricate part of the next presidential cabinet...led my Mr. Obama.

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In certain midwest states, they always vote Republican (final tally), and it seems to be hereditary. In my own family, I have a cousin who will vote Republican "because Dad does". It seems easier to do it this way than to involve a thought process.

Now that is just hilarious. Ever hear of the "Solid South?" It always voted Democrat (pre-Reagan) because "my daddy was a democrat, his daddy was a democrat, his daddy was a democrat..." all the way back to the source: Lincoln, a Republican, credited with freeing the slaves. That's where the Solid South came from. In eastern NC I heard that "my daddy was a democrat" line more times than I can count. As late as the 1980s when I worked as a contractor for a political consulting firm, I remember being in a meeting with a big state-level Dem contributor/activist and heard him say (damn near a direct quote): "all you got to do with the niggers is wrap a $5 bill around a pint of Jack Daniels, stick 'em in a van, drive 'em to the polls and tell 'em who to vote for."

It was at about this time that I lost interest in "progressive" causes. I think I had been overexposed to "progressives."

Thought process? Go read posts at DemocraticUnderground.com for a day or so and then talk about the intellectual depth of the democrats.

Me, I'm voting for Hillary in the NC primary (I'm a registered independent) since she's the underdog. The Clintons don't lose gracefully and I want to enjoy the scrapping at the Dem convention, so I'm going to do my little part. In the general I'm going to hold my nose and reluctantly vote for McCain, who is not a conservative at all...although by election day, he will have been sufficiently painted as a "right wing radical extremist."

Ever notice that there are never any "left wing radical extremists?" Wonder how that could be?