will the doctor?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by mustangdude, Feb 27, 2008.

1. mustangdude

mustangdude New Member

I've got a concern about my penis when I have an erection. I don't know if something is really wrong with it or not, but I'm going to the doctor next week and I was thinking about bringing it up and asking the doctor about it. We all know the doctor isn't always the most comfortable place to talk about these things (even thought it's the place for it), and I'm curious, do you think if I start spouting off concerns about my erections, that the doctor will examine my penis and possibly with an erection? Not really that comfortable with asking about it, but really not comfortable showing it off. So, just wondering, what do you think the likely-hood of the doctor examining it after I start sharing my concerns.

2. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

Well, that's your own perogative. If you simply talk to him and say "I'm not entirely comfortable demonstrating this, but I'd like to know.. " he can probably tell you what's going on accurately enough, provided you tell him the whole story. The diagnosis might not be fully on the money because of your reluctance to show him what's going on, but at the end of the day it's your call whether you want to drop your pants.

3. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

depends on what your problem is.

4. mustangdude

mustangdude New Member

ok...well i guess for the sake of wanting to be healthy, i would let the doc examine my erection, but do you think it's likely that the doctor would suggest examining it?

5. mwmsstud

mwmsstud Member

He can probably tell you what the problem is if you describe it...or at least give you some idea. He shouldn't freak at all if you get erect.

6. k3_logan

k3_logan New Member

Seems to me that you want him to. He is a doctor he will only do what he needs to do to figure out what is wrong with you.

7. nydodgersfan

nydodgersfan New Member

I think doctors are used to seeing erections. I find it hard not to get one when they start the genital exam. I'm just sensitive there, I guess. If you have concerns about the health of your erection, then by all means show it to the doctor.

Draft saved Draft deleted