Will the snip change my 'appearance'

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by cjfp18, May 20, 2011.

1. cjfp18

cjfp18 Active Member

Albums:
    Hi, i'm a 22 year old UK guy. Had a few problems with my foreskin in the past, and my doctor has now refured me for circumcision. To be honest i've tried all sorts and nothings worked, also the thought of hanging a cut cock really doesn't bother me. In fact in some ways i'm looking forward to it.

The thing is i play quiet a bit of sport, go to the gym etc. After this involves showers with other guys, do you think people will look at me differantly beacuse i've been cut?

Also.. Is it me or do most of my age group not get changed or shower with there mates? My mates are 50/50, but it seems older guys don't seem to be bothered.

2. poptarts

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I doubt you'll be looked at all that differently. I totally know what you mean with the shower/changing with your friends ordeal. I feel like people in older generations saw each other naked a lot more often, and so it's not a big issue, where now people are iffy about it and don't seem to feel as comfortable. That said, I do have friends who don't care if we're all naked together changing/showering etc...but we all played sports and showered as a team then too, so I guess we were just used to it.

3. Ra

Ra
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I guess it depends on how much they remove and how tight they make it. I don't know why you are having a circumcision but if you can ask them to leave it looser - that way it will just look like you have a shorter foreskin.

From what I have read / seen the majority of guys in the UK are uncut. Having been cut as a child (I am from South Africa where it was more common to be circumcised as a baby - at least where I grew up) I can feel a bit self-conscious when using gang showers or trough urinals in the UK, simply because I am aware of being different to everyone else. I am not one to want to "stand out in the crowd".

But then again, open showers/urinals are becoming pretty scarce now in the UK. And with society becoming more prudish (especially among the younger crowd) it might not be such an issue.

4. SweatsBulge

SweatsBulge Member

The appearance of a penis SHOULD be a non issue.
    Listen, do what needs to be done and just be yourself - who gives a F why people judge your body.

5. Yazmine1991

Yazmine1991 New Member

Albums:
    Do you want it otherwise?

6. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your penis will become fully natural to you. When you undress, it will be fully natural for your head to already be exposed. You will like the look and won't mind if others look at you.

Don't worry about peers. They will secretly like your new look but won't dare mention it.

7. xenon-naturist

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is a classic case of thinking that because something matters a lot to you it does to other people too - the reality is it doesn't! I was circ'ed a couple of years ago and am not sure that anyone has looked at me any differently, we are after all men with cocks attached, not the other way round. While circed guys are in the minority in the uk it by no means unusual to be cut and i doubt that if you are naked in a group you'll be the only only cut guy - if you are, so what - some of the others may well wish they were cut too.

good luck with the op

8. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    here we go again just get it over with it is you dick do with it what you want

9. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:

10. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

^What he said.

As I said in another thread concerning Frenuloplasty's and persons in the UK (I have actually had this done, plus an additional op to correct a fuck up, but now looking at a circ), unlike the USA where money does all the talking, the NHS in the UK are NOT in the habit of performing needless operations, and are offered on a clinical need bases.

Also as thehook points out, why worry about what others think.

Only thing I would advise, is to lay off the heavy sports for a few weeks, whilst you heel, as it can take between 4 / 6 weeks to heel, and in that time frame, it's also recommended you do not fuck or even masturbate, certainly not until you are heeled.

Draft saved Draft deleted