Will Virtually All Male Actors Soon Need to Show Cock?

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
Newsweek has an article this week about how the "last taboo" in film is being overcome. It seems to me that soon few actors will be able to be "above" showing their cock on screen, since the producers will put pressure on male stars to go with the trend to help sell tickets.

Then do you think the size of an actor's cock will become an increasingly important factor in his professional success?

D_Ben Twilly

Experimental Member
Media
When something is taboo or even just unusual, it has impact if you do it. Just as boobs on screen used to have a certain effect but now they're in pretty much any movie intended for adults, showing penis will become mundane and lame if everyone starts doing it. That would be too bad. There should always be a final frontier remaining. So I hope it doesn't happen, but I can see how it might.

That said, I don't know exactly where the trend will settle. True, there are a few major actors who are already giving everyone a good, clear look, such as Ewan McGregor and Peter Sarsgaard. And the penis is being featured more prominently, like the two naked guys in Hall Pass. But I don't think it's becoming an epidemic for major stars to really show what they have. Look at the examples of A-list male full frontal that we have now. Richard Gere, Mel Gibson, Gerard Butler, Aidan Quinn, Gary Oldman. They show their cocks, but it's just a glimpse in passing, or obscured by distance, movement, or angle. Half the time you see a movie everyone is talking about because some big actor's penis makes an appearance, and it's like, "That's it? Everyone's shitting their pants because you see something or other swinging for half a second in low lighting?" It's not like everyone is getting naked and standing there in all their glory for you to check out their package. It's titilating but only that.

And I don't think size will be a big deal even if it does become the norm. Contrary to how it may appear at LPSG, which is intended as a meeting place for above-average men (and even here, we all know most of the claims of 8+ inches are a little exaggerated), most guys aren't that hung. We see naked celebrity pictures here all the time, and they're usually not that impressive. They're just people, and most of them are growers who reach five or six inches at full mast.

Last edited:

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This would add one more "requirement" to becoming a major star, and one that a man has little control over. He can build up his physique, get a nose job or take voice lessons to get better roles, but his dick stays pretty much the way he was born.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A few years ago, Stephen Fry, the British gay actor and author, pointed out something, which I have noticed for a long time. Acting is based on "suspension of disbelief". The things that are said and done, the hairstu=yle, the clothes, the arms and legs etc are attributed to the character not the actor.
However, once you see the tits, bottom or cock the disbelief is regained and the body part is no longer attributed to the character but to the actor. This runs counter to the whole aim of acting.
I would hope that making nudity more commonplace would make it less sensational and retain the characterisation values.
The next level of taboo, I would guess, is the erect penis, once flaccid cocks are acceptably seen.
I'm all in favour of seeing naked actors (and other celebrities). Maybe (tongue in cheek) all make actors shoul have HD shots taken of their genitals in flaccid and aroused states, in complete body shots and in close up so that we know their endowments and can later see them perform as actors, musicians, athletes or whatever without getting speculative and titillated by a glimpse of bulge.