Will you have biological children?

Biological kids?

• Yes, I will or do have biological children

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • No, I will never have biological children

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • I have a biological urge to procreate (may or may not have kids)

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no biological urge to procreate (may or may not have kids)

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
  • Why or Why not?
  • Have you always known/felt that you would or wouldn't?
  • For those who will have or already have children, do/did you have a drive to procreate or is/was it social/religious or just the thing to do?
  • Have your attitudes about biological children changed over the years? If yes, why?

I know this is a very personal question, almost as personal as penis size preference ;), but I am very curious about current views on procreation.

I'll post a poll. :fingersx:
If Pronatalist sees this - I know how you feel, indeed your screen name says it all. Please do not try to convert or argue people to death for their beliefs. Thx <3

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I go back & forth on this issue...
sometimes I want kids, but most of the time I don't...
unless I get married, or at least fall in love & have a great relationship, I don't see it happening...

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I go back & forth on this issue...
sometimes I want kids, but most of the time I don't...
unless I get married, or at least fall in love & have a great relationship, I don't see it happening...

So is your urge ultimately dependent upon your partner's desires?

I'm done.

I have 4 children and 8 grandchildren.
I'm not trying to be intrusive, but before the first was there a strong desire to have kids?

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

• Why or Why not?
I'm too selfish and would be a crappy parent.
  • Have you always known/felt that you would or wouldn't?
Until about three years ago I entertained the idea.
  • For those who will have or already have children, do/did you have a drive to procreate or is/was it social/religious or just the thing to do?
No kids here.
  • Have your attitudes about biological children changed over the years? If yes, why?
As Ive gotten older, I realize that it doesnt have to be part of my life path. I let myself get over it.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Assuming my partner and I can have children, then yes I would like to have a child as and when we can financially support them. That said, I could live a perfectly happy, satisfied life without ever having children; it's simply something I would love to do if I'm ever in the situation to do so.
I've liked the idea of having a child since I was around 14 or 15 years old.

Assuming my partner and I can have children, then yes I would like to have a child as and when we can financially support them. That said, I could live a perfectly happy, satisfied life without ever having children; it's simply something I would love to do if I'm ever in the situation to do so.
I've liked the idea of having a child since I was around 14 or 15 years old.

I think you would make a great parent and the same re your intended.

cutesbguy

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Difficult to say. Maybe it is that late 20's cynicism, but I am not sure I want to have children any more. I did for years. I enjoy children and I feel like I would be a good parents. However, I don't have a huge hang up on my children being biologically related to me, either.

The world is a crazy place, and I can barely afford to live as a grad student now, so children would be moderately far into the future, if at all.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No - even thinking about giving birth hurts

Ahem! You yourself would feel that pain?! (I think we have the first woman pretending to be a man at LPSG!!!) :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: (j/k)

- - - - - - - - -

I have already inflicted three children into the world!!! (I was one of those people who WANTED to have kids.)

Children are incorrigible, expensive, and hard work -- but I am so happy I had them. My parents didn't "raise me", but my kids did. I am a far better person today thanks to my kids, and I am still working to become better.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I have one child I know about, suspect another and have an adopted daughter. The biological child was hard work, hyperactive and has a few of my allergic traits, but has become a good model of behavior and pleasant. He's a friend of mine now, as well as my son.

My daughter moved after some rough circumstances, and will be in NYC sometime soon.

Dunno about others. I suspect and would not doubt I have another kid somewhere.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a six year old son. He'll be seven next month. I had never really put much thought into whether or not I'd have children. Part of me "knew" that I would, but I never really had a hugely strong desire to procreate... of course, I was still a teenager. :tongue: I got pregnant when I was 18, gave birth when I was 19. I don't really have any desire to have anymore kids. I'm more than content with one child. The guy I'm involved with right now WANTS to have kids, but doesn't think he'll ever have them. He has Asperger's, and cancer runs in his family pretty heavily, and he doesn't want to put that on any child, which I think is pretty awesome of him. But anyway, yeah. I really don't think I want anymore kids. I'm anxious for this one to turn 12 so he's legally old enough to stay home alone. :tongue:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Before i got married i really didnt want kids. Like the day after we got married i got baby fever for some reason. Went through a few years of infertility treatments that resulted in my daughter.

Before getting pregnant with her i was looking into adoption. We would have gone that route if we didn't have her. I don't think i can have anymore children and i am pretty sure my husband wouldnt let me.

Meg: My daughter has Asperger's and while it's been difficult in the 6 years we've had her, its getting much easier every year. We definitely passed it on to her.

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd prefer to not have children. That often doesn't mesh with the future plans of the people I date. It's not an issue now as I'm still so young that people think "oh he'll change his mind," but I really don't think I will. The one time I ever had unprotected sex in life, the girl became pregnant, but we agreed on an abortion. I thought that was ironic in a 'just my luck' sort of way. I was 22 and she was 26 - there was just no way. In any case, I'm way too attached to my own time and space, and I come from a wildly dysfunctional family (my own parents were pretty lousy although they did their twisted best) so that doesn't bode well for my own child-rearing capabilities.

iloveoral1985

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have 2 boys (19 & 17) and had them when I was very young(17). I always wanted a large family. My younger son was diagnosed at 2 with Autism and has needed so much help over the years that I couldn't handle taking care of anymore kids.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i go back and forth on this issue. sometimes when i see how happy my sister is with my niece, her daughter, it makes me want to be a mom too. i even have my kids' names picked out... madison skye for a girl and wesley andrew for a boy.

but then again, i think about all the 9 months of physical labor, if the father is the right person, if we'll we get married, etc. and it's just too much work even thinking about it. maybe i feel this way because i'm still young and i openly admit i'm much too immature to bring a child into the world at this point in my life.

as i get older, and if the urge to be a parent suddenly strikes and there's no one to fertilize my eggs, i would definitely turn towards adoption though. i would be as diverse as angelina jolie with my little united nations babies.

however, if i never do have children--biological or adopted, i know i'll be happy just having my niece. i get to play with her, spoil her, and when i give her back to my sister i can say, "no refunds!" i'm sure my brother will have kids too and i'll be there to spoil them rotten as well.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
When I received my BA I taught combined 4th/5th grades for five years. I never had less than 40 students in my classes those five years. Although I like children, five years of dealing with the problems of other people's children who universally felt that just dropping them off for 7 hours was "effective parenting", it became obvious that I never wanted any of my own. I'm all for regulating families, making it a requirement for prospective parents to attend parenting classes, pass the classes, and then apply to have a child; sort of like a job interview.

Ideally, I think potential parents should be encouraged to adopt the children that currently need homes and families before popping out their own.

Last edited: