Will you PLEASE...

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, I'm polite enough not to stare, but some of the strippers went positively mad over his crotch! If he was straight, he would have been laid many times. I was lucky to get him out of there unraped!

I want a pair of custom made pants to get this effect as well. A BUTCH pair of pants, I might add.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why not start a poll and make a case to the current Mod team? If enough people join in then it might be worth a try.

The fact that so many knew he was here and said nothing is poll enough. Same with Chase.

Or maybe not.

Jonb--I know you're here. Please go google some shit for me. Kthanks.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The fact that so many knew he was here and said nothing is poll enough. Same with Chase.

Or maybe not.

Jonb--I know you're here. Please go google some shit for me. Kthanks.

It should be poll enough but unfortunately wasn't or he would still be here :mad:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The fact that so many knew he was here and said nothing is poll enough.

The fact that many of us had no idea that Spoogesicle was Danny, and simply accepted him as a pleasant and insightful poster who never crossed words with anyone here in a six-month period... may say even more, imho.

When all is said and done, he had never set out to hurt anyone under his DoubleMeatWhopper ID either, he never posted maliciously; he was simply in a bad place from which he needed to escape by 'snuffing' the ID. If LPSG is punishing people with a permanent ban simply because they made a mistake or two in life, then we might just as well all jump overboard now.

The case is clearly utterly distinct from that of a Stronzo or a SanDiego68, for example, who have been consistently malicious under all their IDs created. That has never once been the case with Danny, and is something that should be borne in mind together with the sheer volume of his contribution to LPSG in the past, as DMW.

The "one-size-fits-all" solution to implementing permanent bans seems as ill-fitting as most "one-size-fits-all" garments.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have known for some time (several months) that Danny was back, and all has been forgiven, as far as I am concerned. I welcomed him back in pm and privately promised to keep the knowledge in confidence. We are not close friends, but I value his presence here..

I endorse renewing his membership. His bad judgement surely caused a lot of grief. There should be room for his redemption in this case.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Pye, Alex8, rawbone, I agree with you completely.

How can someone prove they have changed if they never get the chance?

People's issues with Danny, are exactly that---THEIRS.

It's like homophobia. People's discomfort around me with my orientation says more about them than it does about me.

FWIW--I also would like to see Chase back.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jeez, you are just fucking determined to create as much drama as possible, aren't you, dragging this out in public.

The name of the specific moderator who pulled the plug on the Spoogesicle account should not have been made public (and I'll be addressing this breach of confidentiality elsewhere), but since it has, I'm not letting Pecker take the fall.

Pecker had contacted me by PM before banning Spoogesicle to discuss the possibility of having the co-administrators "pull rank" on the moderators, and I PM'ed him back supporting this action. He did not act alone, and you owe him an apology for suggesting that he did.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Rules are rules. If you break them you have to pay the penalty. When the debacle with DMW happened, he was banned. Other people who have been banned haven't been allowed back, or when they try to sneak back, are rebanned. The rules have to apply to everyone or no one, we can't pick and choose what we want to enforce--that would be too much like church. If a rule is in place there is a reason for it. If someone is banned that is the way it is. Sorry.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello, I'm a mod.
What's more I'm a new mod.

I wasn't here for the initial calamity, so I missed the emotional upheaval.

I don't have psychic powers either, I can't speak for the other mods but I suspect that they are similarly lacking.

Issues come up and I'll ask myself, "How will the board react?" In this instance we were lucky enough to have a previous reaction to this exact same question. Alex8, Rawbone8, both of you voiced your thoughts on the first page quite clearly.

http://www.lpsg.org/et-cetera-et-cetera/24198-e-mail-from-jacinto.html?highlight=E-mail+from+Jacinto

Is there some way by which we are devine when you have changed your minds?

Adding to the original issue is that he snuck back on. Now I know there are many members quick to note when a banned member has crawled back under the wire and call for a quick dismissal. Should we let them all back in?
Put them all up for vote? God bless the popularity contest.

For those who are not familiar with the original story, saying that he killed his ID is a little over simplified. Chrysalis killed an ID and emerged with a new ID and an explanation. DMW, who had spent 8 yrs developing very close relationships with other members, opened seperate accounts (plural) to announce that that the person, not just an ID but the person, everyone had grown to love was dead. This isn't merely an unfunny April foolsday joke.

Imagine if you will your best friend using a voice modulator to call you and tell you that he was lost at sea. Think you'd be torn up a bit? How do you think you'd feel a few months later when you learned it was a hoax. Think you'd be mad?

I think some on this thread are taking an unfair stance.
Lex, I'd like to direct you to the last passage of post #50. It was posted by a very intelligent man.

There will be no witch hunt for who already knew about his presence here, but I would like to say any who have known about it and had the gall to seek moderator assistance in their own personal cause ought to be ashamed of themselves. Wear your hypocrisy with pride.

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Rules are rules. If you break them you have to pay the penalty. When the debacle with DMW happened, he was banned. Other people who have been banned haven't been allowed back, or when they try to sneak back, are rebanned. The rules have to apply to everyone or no one, we can't pick and choose what we want to enforce--that would be too much like church. If a rule is in place there is a reason for it. If someone is banned that is the way it is. Sorry.

Actually-- from what I remember...DMW removed himself from the board...and the debacle involved people arguing about his identity

he may have returned under another name and been banned then...but what was the "rule" that he broke?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Alex8, Rawbone8, both of you voiced your thoughts on the first page quite clearly.

http://www.lpsg.org/et-cetera-et-cetera/24198-e-mail-from-jacinto.html?highlight=E-mail+from+Jacinto

Is there some way by which we are devine when you have changed your minds?

The passage of time and the fact I subsequently have mentioned DMW positively in any number of later threads you could have hunted out, even naming him as the "greatest loss as a poster" during 2006 in the recent Awards thread.

People change their views and mellow over time. Except where they are only allowed to follow the precise letter of the law. I think what several people are articulating here is their perception that LPSG appears to have an utterly inflexible attitude towards individual cases, and that it can offer no opportunity for rehabilitation. "The law is the law" isn't what those people may want to hear.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Actually-- from what I remember...DMW removed himself from the board...and the debacle involved people arguing about his identity

he may have returned under another name and been banned then...but what was the "rule" that he broke?

He was banned before my time as a mod, but clearly since he had multiple personae on here, that is one ToS rule he broke and banishment is the penalty.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The passage of time and the fact I subsequently have mentioned DMW positively in any number of later threads you could have hunted out, even naming him as the "greatest loss as a poster" during 2006 in the recent Awards thread.
This assumes the search function might actually find anything.

I haven't been on that thread for ages. It seemed more efficient to read the thread specifically giving members a chance to voice their thoughts on this very subject than to dredge through endless material in the hopes I might find some reference to him.

This isn't specifically for you, Alex, just something I wanted to add.

DMW went to great pains to conceal what he had done, lying outright in the process and creating a hostile combative atmosphere for some while others grieved. His letter of contrition came only after, well after, he had been banned in all incarnations.

This didn't happen as innocently as it's being portrayed.

I believe in forgivness but the deceptive way he rejoined the community doesn't hint at contrition.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think what several people are articulating here is their perception that LPSG appears to have an utterly inflexible attitude towards individual cases, and that it can offer no opportunity for rehabilitation.

Someone who not too long ago created multiple accounts, demanded to be banned, and then once banned, asked to be unbanned (and got it?) is echoing the sentiment that we're "utterly inflexible"?

Danny didn't ask to be let back, he just usurped his way back in. Despite having been caught before misleading people about his identity, he continued to do so with his new account (e.g., referring to himself in the third person in this post.) And he placed his so-called friends in a compromised position by having them keep a secret from people who trusted them.

Sounds like someone who's thoroughly "rehabilitated" to me. Guess we are just utterly inflexible.

B_Eben

Just Browsing
Media
Isn't it time to give him parole?

As I recall...it wasn't Danny that created such a skirmish on the board...not trying to point fingers. He made bad choices and people got hurt.

Don't blame Rodney King for the riot.

From what I understand he had a "brother" report his death on board. Then a problem came about when certain posters (EnglishGentleman among them) made a point of saying it was a lie doing the necessary research to prove it was one. Then EnglishGentlman was lambasted at the hands of Madame Zora (among others) for saying "oh it's true" and then the predictable attacks and back and forths.

I have nothing against him (whoever he is) but simply since certain mods (and popular posters) favor DMW's sense of things is no reason to abandon principle IMO.

We lost good posters over people's loyalty to a fellow who lied about his very person and his very existence.

Either the ToS apply or they don't.

If they don't then the inmates are (after all is said and done) in charge of the asylum.

This topic may well prove the point that LPSG is nothing short of a popularity contest point to a "T" if this mentality prevails. I encourage you not to play God people. It puts you in league with those you often decry on this board.

B_Eben

Just Browsing
Media
The case is clearly utterly distinct from that of a Stronzo or a SanDiego68, .

.....hipocrysy supreme from the fellow who INTENTIONALLY set up the resident mods and violated ToS to assert his sense of self.

Your audacity borders on a "God" complex alex.

Check your scrupples at the door have you?:rolleyes:

Hryblkone

Sexy Member
Media
Like Lex said, "Get Over It"! We're in a virtual environment folks. From the sound it you'd think he'd gone over to a member's house under false pretenses and raped them!