Will You Take The Covid Vaccine?

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Data from the UK is showing the complete opposite:

View attachment 40403381

These questions, and the replies to them, refer to people admitted to the hospital for *any* reason or who died "of any causes"—not to those specifically admitted because of, or who died from, Covid.

Also, no attempt is made to distinguish between partially and fully vaccinated people.

Finally, the discrepancy over time between vaccinated and unvaccinated people in questions 2 and 3 almost certainly reflects the rising percentage of vaccinated people throughout the general population.

On the whole, not a very conclusive piece of evidence.

Reactions: deleted1074483

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
No, I’m saying that the vaccines clearly aren’t the silver bullet that many are proclaiming them to be. I said that in my initial comment and I haven’t deviated from that.

OK then, a bronze bullet. Still a valuable weapon in the arsenal--the best we have. Until someone comes up with something better. Beyond that, I don't see much point in arguing.

James0909

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
OK then, a bronze bullet. Still a valuable weapon in the arsenal--the best we have. Until someone comes up with something better. Beyond that, I don't see much point in arguing.

Uh no, they’re not even that. They’re not any type of bullet, based on extensive data from overseas.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Uh no, they’re not even that. They’re not any type of bullet, based on extensive data from overseas.

Despite your protestations otherwise, you do seem inconsistent in your argument. When I asked if you were maintaining that vaccines did little or no good, you denied you were making such a claim. But now that seems to be exactly what you're saying.

So I'll ask again: What's your recommendation? What would *you* have us do?

Last edited:

James0909

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Despite your protestations otherwise, you do seem inconsistent in your argument. When I asked if you were maintaining that vaccines did little or no good, you denied you were making such a claim. But now that seems to be exactly what you're saying.

So I'll ask again: What's your recommendation? What would *you* have us do?

Literally just wait and see. At least in the US you’re not under an authoritarian government. For those in Australia, we’re fucked haha

Reactions: ASexMrHung1

flatiron

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Canberra (Australian Capital Territory, Australia)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Literally just wait and see. At least in the US you’re not under an authoritarian government. For those in Australia, we’re fucked haha
you can wait and see all you like, but vaccinations are making the difference. a statistical comparison of the melbourne outbreak last year, and the current sydney outbreak, is all you need. fast forward to let's say easter 2022, i'll be travelling domestically, and possibly even to aotearoa, and you won't be going anywhere. but hey, freedom of choice.

figgnewton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had my 2 shots and June went out west on a touring bus with 33 other people visiting 5 states national parks. No mask on bus or any place we went. All went well some minor issues at state parks, not enough help. No issues getting anything from all that we toured with.Now we are told booster shots after 8 months . Question is will we have to get another booster shot in 4 months then 2 months so on and so on... Covid I guess is here to stay and if your time is up well thank you China . This booster shot only tells me you will need more shots as time goes on. THIS IS NOT A VACCINE where the body makes antibodies and your all set for most if not all your life. BUT covid will eventually end up taking a daily pill BUT still can get covid. Again, thanks China or even our own government !@@@!!!

Reactions: NCbear

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The following video debunks the spurious claim "the best way to deal with covid-19 is for everyone to catch it". It explains, how vaccines work in concert with our immune systems to prevent serious covid-19 illness:

Reactions: b.c. and Assman1

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We frequently hear the concept of “herd immunity” discussed.

There is also another concept that talks about “thinning of the herd”. From now on, what folks decide to do determines which of the herds they may fall into.

flatiron

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am set for tomorrow (Friday) for number three.:D Bring it!
How long was it between your second shot and your third (which I assume is the 'booster'? Just wondering, because nobody in Australia is even thinking about a third shot yet, we're still playing catch-up on the second.

Media
How long was it between your second shot and your third (which I assume is the 'booster'? Just wondering, because nobody in Australia is even thinking about a third shot yet, we're still playing catch-up on the second.
The booster shot (#3) recently became recommended and available this week in the United States. I did the first two shots three weeks apart and the booster 6 months later. While I had a reaction to the second shot—I felt like I had been hit by a truck—I had only a mild reaction this time. I just felt tired. Small price to pay. It was available, easily setup online for an appointment, and I jumped at the chance. For most, the CDC recommended time between shot two and three will be eight months. I am in the immuno-compromised group. I hope availability comes soon for you.

Reactions: b.c.

flatiron

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The booster shot (#3) recently became recommended and available this week in the United States. I did the first two shots three weeks apart and the booster 6 months later. While I had a reaction to the second shot—I felt like I had been hit by a truck—I had only a mild reaction this time. I just felt tired. Small price to pay. It was available, easily setup online for an appointment, and I jumped at the chance. For most, the CDC recommended time between shot two and three will be eight months. I am in the immuno-compromised group. I hope availability comes soon for you.
Thanks for the info! Yeah I had a pretty bad response to the second shot too - similar to yours.

Reactions: chicagosam

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Good for you CSam. Hope to get the 3rd as soon as it becomes available for us "boomers."