Will you vote in the upcoming election?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At this point, I don't care "why" you started the thread -- you asked people to not vote for candidates who don't live up to your standards. Negative campaigning is intended to suppress the vote for candidates you oppose, and your starting post is an attempt to do just that.
I was right, your "righteous indignation" comment was for me, wasn't it? Well, mindseye, just fuck off, you stupid asshole. Don't put words in my mouth. You are just mentally fucked up beyond all recognition as a human being, so just fuck off. What a god-damned idiot you are.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wait . . . you supported a Libertarian candidate and you want to require a test for voting?
Bwahahahahahahahaha....

well, i didnt support him, the only reason i wanted to vote for him was because i found out he'd done jail time, and i thought it'd be great to have an ex-con president :)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't wait to find out how we cheated.

Yeah, me too. In Ohio, there wasn't a candidate running for ANY office who didn't run at least one negative ad. I looked at the ballot carefully, but sadly, I recognised every name on it for something sordid. To be fair, a lot of the ads were simply replies to repugs' ads accusing dems of everything from murder to kidnapping the Lindburg baby. Mike Dewine was actually chastised by the courts for printing lies about Sherrod Brown, but he just manufactured more and ran them twice as frequently, knowing there wasn't time for a second hearing. Motherfucking bastard. Of all the people running, I hope he falls the hardest.

DC, while I understand the intention of your post, for many of us, it would be tantamount to abstaining freom voting at all. I had NO other choice, other than to write in a candidate, and I might just as well have stayed home. I voted out EVERY incumbent.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC, while I understand the intention of your post, for many of us, it would be tantamount to abstaining freom voting at all. I had NO other choice, other than to write in a candidate, and I might just as well have stayed home. I voted out EVERY incumbent.
LOL Oh, you and I have discussed Ohio politics before, doll. Just for chuckles, please go back and re-read my post #10 in this thread. Yes, I used a little hyperbole in my opening post, but really, I wanted people to focus on issues and character. Then after the fact, after the vote, after the taking-care-of-business end of things, write a few letters to those in office, and let them know it is unacceptable. Write several letters to the editor of your local newspaper and mention how pathetic the candidates are, if (as i mentioned before) the best things they can say about themselves are bad things about their opponents. Outright lies (pay attention, DeWine) in campaigns should bar a candidate from any elected office, for life.