Willtom-you have been rather quiet...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
on the topic of approval rating poll numbers you used to love to post and discuss...

any particular reason? :smile::wink:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Flashy, you continually surprise me.

Sims the top selling PC game of all time. Sims 3 just came out last month. I was addicted for only a week, luckily.

i have never heard of it...I have heard of world of warcraft, grand larceny auto, and halo. that is about it in the new era video game genre.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Flashy, you ought to know that Will will not like being called out so directly.

Additionally, he recently pmd me that he's been bored and a little put off lately.

that is certainly his prerogative to not like it, Nick, but Will was very adamant about this particular topic for quite awhile, and used the numbers quite regularly and with more than just a tad bit of glee...it is only fair that he should have to face the music. If he does not like that, well, then he should probably not argue politics. :wink:

btw, glad to see you are feeling better. :smile:

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Polls go up and polls go down. Obama, much like Bush, doesn't appear to engage in poll-driven decision-making. IMO, that's a good thing. Leadership is much more than counting "hands in the air." Sometimes the right thing for the country is not always the most popular with the voting public. (As much as I disliked many of GW Bush's policies and decisons, I give him props for sticking to his principles--which is more than I can say for many politicians.)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
(As much as I disliked many of GW Bush's policies and decisons, I give him props for sticking to his principles--which is more than I can say for many politicians.)
You had to give him that, Rico, sure.
And he was decisive.
Unfortunately, both were in service of a none-too-sharp intellect (at least for a president) and a limited world view.
Bush might have been a great school board chairman.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
You had to give him that, Rico, sure.
And he was decisive.
Unfortunately, both were in service of a none-too-sharp intellect (at least for a president) and a limited world view.
Bush might have been a great school board chairman.

Pre school.

Said his favorite book when he growing up was THE HUNGRY CATAPILLER, which was released when he was in college. Got some time lost there.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Said his favorite book when he growing up was THE HUNGRY CATAPILLER, which was released when he was in college. Got some time lost there.

That's a good story, but I'm not sure it's quite fair to Dubya.
The question he was asked, apparently, was "What is your favorite childhood book?"
And he answered, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."
He wouldn't necessarily have meant he read it during childhood.
(It's so good, though, that I'm not sure I want to give it up.)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
"Said his favorite book when he growing up was THE HUNGRY CATAPILLER, which was released when he was in college".................... took him that long to reach that reading level, thank god Yale has a legacy program.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Throw out the obvious outlier and republican tool Rasmussen who,If you believed them, John McCain won and you get:

59.2 Favorable
35.4 unfavorable

Damn respectable considering the state of the current world.

LOL...sure...throw out the one you don't like. LOL...the "outlier"

regardless of what you say, the people who respond to Rasmussen, are in fact american citizens...and their voices count...and the fact is, Rasmussen had Obama at 62% in LAte January... so they are not a "tool".

so "your" numbers are BS...since you selectively eliminate what you dislike...

also, i'd like to know how you came up with your convenient little average of "59.2%" favorable, even with eliminating rasmussen.

subtracting Rasmussen

the numbers are

59-37
61-32
56-38
57-38
57-32
------
290-177

divide by 5

58% approve, not 59.2%
35.4 disapprove,

oh, and before you dump on Rasmussen even more, you might want to look at this fact

if you are going to selectively eliminate Rasmussen numbers for being a "republican tool", are you going to be eliminating numbers based on black voters, who give Obama an *OVERWHELMING* approval rating of 94%????

talk about being a "tool" for someone. 94% approval rating is *UNHEARD* of.

Rasmussen may have a conservative lean, but that does not change the fact that it was the most accurate polling service for the 2004 election and also the most accurate polling service for the 2008 election.

Rasmussen, is ranked third for overall accuracy by Nate Silver and his partner, both who supported Obama, and both who run the specialized poll compiling site, 538.com which rates polls on a variety of averages for accuracy, weighting and methodology

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/2529867241_28d60ff95a_o.png

that means, it deserves to be included, for accuracy, not excluded, because you don't like it.

Numbers don't lie.

besides, in the most recent ABC/Wash Post and others, Obama is dropping faster and faster, and that is because there is a disconnect between his personal likability, which remains high, and his policies which are now virtually even in terms of approval/disapproval.

whether you like Rasmussen or not, Obama is losing ground with Independents and conservative democrats, and it is undeniable, no matter what you say as his numbers in that poll are down across the board and by alot over virtually all those polls.

the numbers stand, and they are accurately calculated and proven. You may not like Rasmussen, but his accuracy in his method shows he knows a hell of a lot more about polling than you.

and the washington post/ABC Poll confirms it is not just Rasmussen...he is falling on the issues of the economy, budget deficit, unemployment and health care