Windows 10--

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
after my initial tirade post

just wanted to ass and felt like saying i like and am impressed with windows 10 on this my cheap arse tosiba laptop

300 dollar laptop
maybe it just happens to all be OK with this particular comp

still donty want to download risk putting it on my other laptop tho ..

have had no problems at this point of time .

cheers matey
thought it deserved an update from me, thanks ..

Thank You I pushed a lot of keys and finally stopped the download so far so good

CardiffDillon

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been reasonably happy with Windows 10 until last night's mega-upload. Took ages to download last night and 90 minutes this morning to configure and now I can't view any vids on Tumblr. I get the sound but just a still image. I do a lot of 'research' on Tumblr sites on behalf of LPSG but I guess that's on hold for a while...unless someone here knows how to resolve it.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sorry,cant help you but
funnily
was in my Chemists yesterday and he blurted out he had just finished downloading Windows updates, and his computer was playing merry hell

i had to wait for over an hour before he could work out a solution grrrr
i hate those windows updates with a passion

i do like the array of images it presents on opening up tho ha?

I've been reasonably happy with Windows 10

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been reasonably happy with Windows 10 until last night's mega-upload. Took ages to download last night and 90 minutes this morning to configure and now I can't view any vids on Tumblr. I get the sound but just a still image. I do a lot of 'research' on Tumblr sites on behalf of LPSG but I guess that's on hold for a while...unless someone here knows how to resolve it.

My elderly friend who depends on his PC to make his meager living, "upgraded" to Windows10 two months ago. It was constantly eating his monthly limit of data usage on Verizon, even when shut off. I tried to help him by uninstalling programs that he would never use, like games and Skype, but these were things that came with the PC, and I removed everything on his Start menu that seems to be running, like News, Weather, Amazon, and Store, but that didn't stop the volume of data usage.

We finally got that somewhat resolved by going to a Microsoft Windows store and getting a surprisingly friendly salesman to spend about an hour turning a lot of unnecessary things off in the Settings, in the "background", and removing all Games. It was working better, then the "mega-update" that people are complaining about, automatically loaded last week. It reloaded unwanted things onto his Start menu, and now he also cannot view videos. It turns out that Windows Media Player is NOT part of Windows 10... They expect you to buy it separately!

A/B

Last edited:

CardiffDillon

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks AB, that's given me some great leads, especially the Media Player info.

My elderly friend who depends on his PC to make his meager living, "upgraded" to Windows10 two months ago. It was constantly eating his monthly limit of data usage on Verizon, even when shut off. I tried to help him by uninstalling programs that he would never use, like games and Skype, but these were things that came with the PC, and I removed everything on his Start menu that seems to be running, like News, Weather, Amazon, and Store, but that didn't stop the volume of data usage.

We finally got that somewhat resolved by going to a Microsoft Windows store and getting a surprisingly friendly salesman to spend about an hour turning a lot of unnecessary things off in the Settings, in the "background", and removing all Games. It was working better, then the "mega-update" that people are complaining about, automatically loaded last week. It reloaded unwanted things onto his Start menu, and now he also cannot view videos. It turns out that Windows Media Player is NOT part of Windows 10... They expect you to buy it separately!

A/B

Reactions: ActionBuddy

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks AB, that's given me some great leads, especially the Media Player info.

Forget about paying to get Windows Media Player. Try downloading VLC Player, it's free and works great for the majority of videos, (although I have Windows7). Millions of people have been using it for years.

"VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols."

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

A/B

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I found that the windows 10 photo viewer is terrible. The colours are all wrong. I researched on line and found that others have had this problem too. I downloaded a free photo viewer Fast Stone Image Viewer which works well. The colours no look correct.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
finally finished updateing, and/or again,not sure if its the 2nd one recenty
took over an hour,got bored
anyway,doesent appear to have magically made any differene,yet
altho the bottom row of icons taskbar is it,keep on moving around as in seemingly continually adjusting themselves
we will see ...

the aboves settled down now
been all OK after 2 hours ..