Windows Internet Connection Sharing! WTF?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It has no purpose. It defeats the object of having a router/firewall.

Whose bright idea was this? If I already have a router and firewall I don't need or want to have to make exceptions in this piece of crap.

Anything I do I have to add the application to ICS. And if I disable the ICS service the applications still don't work.

Is there any way to remove it? Its annoying me.

I don't think it was there with SP2 (original) since I've only noticed it recently. Or has it always been there and its only started bothering me now?

Does it bother anyone else?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It has no purpose. It defeats the object of having a router/firewall.

Whose bright idea was this? If I already have a router and firewall I don't need or want to have to make exceptions in this piece of crap.

Anything I do I have to add the application to ICS. And if I disable the ICS service the applications still don't work.

Is there any way to remove it? Its annoying me.

I don't think it was there with SP2 (original) since I've only noticed it recently. Or has it always been there and its only started bothering me now?

Does it bother anyone else?

You can disable the service with service manager and it's not active by default anyway.

From the above I'd say the real problem doesn't lie with ICS per se, lack of understanding of when, where and, most relevant; how to use it. :wink: