Windows Is Shutting Down/Windows Is Restarting......

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for the link faceking. I've also had good luck with Superantispyware. But once the malware is already installed, often you can never get rid of all of it. The programs say they have successfully removed it, or reboot to remove, but then it's there again the next time you scan.

Is there a fix for this problem?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You can try a bunch of different brands of anti-spyware. You can edit the registry to delete registry entries that the anti-spyware programs cannot remove. If that doesn't work, or your Windows is unusable afterward, see my posts #19 and #25.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It may help you to search for the individual spyware and then 'removal tool' on google.

Some of the worst and/or most prolilfic spyware has had specific removal tools made for it. eg type in MyWay.MyWebSearch removal tool or whatever the spyware is.

Also remember to scan in Safe Mode otherwise the spyware may not be removed as it is usually in use by the system in 'normal mode'.

In some cases you may want to search for 'removal guide'. Also, be careful when installing removal tools because some may just compromise your PC even more.

The less risky approach is to follow step by step guides, which don't require any installation.

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It may help you to search for the individual spyware and then 'removal tool' on google.

Some of the worst and/or most prolilfic spyware has had specific removal tools made for it. eg type in MyWay.MyWebSearch removal tool or whatever the spyware is.

Also remember to scan in Safe Mode otherwise the spyware may not be removed as it is usually in use by the system in 'normal mode'.

In some cases you may want to search for 'removal guide'. Also, be careful when installing removal tools because some may just compromise your PC even more.

The less risky approach is to follow step by step guides, which don't require any installation.

Thanks for the link faceking. I've also had good luck with Superantispyware. But once the malware is already installed, often you can never get rid of all of it. The programs say they have successfully removed it, or reboot to remove, but then it's there again the next time you scan.
From earliest posts in this thread - Most of such issues cured with:
-The very first thing Help sites advise, when any come for help with Win. performance issues
- Is to get Malwarebytes and use 2 basic tools to cleanup a Windows system.
}The reason for this is MalwB. finds certain insidious Trojans/Malw. embeds at core level...
} These Can be/Are totally missed by usual AVG daily scans.(& likely many other AV & AntiSpy)
If you have not done already:
Basic Disk Cleanup Tool:
- From Start> My Computer> C: Right> Properties> Disk Cleanup> /all Temp.Inet files > OK to delete -(Or FFox > Tools menu >select 'Clear Private Data'.)
- Then Close & Reopen browser
- Then D.load Free program(or copy) to Desktop from www.Malwarebytes.org
- Open the folder/Find and click file- 'mbam###.exe'- Follow the install prompts
- Close your Browser and Email programs complete
Malwarebytes:
- At First Main screen- click Update Tab > Check for Updates button (to insure latest)
- Likely will have a reboot or Restart NOW....BUT Disconnect from the Modem FIRST
- Open Malw.Bytes main page,.. Select Quick Scan.. (when time allows do- Full Scan> C:.. )
- Accept any backups/deletions offered and MalwB. logs all steps (for reversal)
- On reboot Normal (or to Safe Mode if many found), - Review MalwB. >Logs & Quarantine tab
Check Disk Tool: (the setup steps)
- Plan to Run 'Check Disk' - setup steps herein are for novices,(Sorry for abbreviations)
- Start> My Computer > C: Right> Properties> Tools > Check Now button.. and Click both boxes > OK
} message box pops up ... > OK 'to allow on next Restart' .. then choose based on ~ 2 hr. run time

- Assuming all goes well and you return to a clean Win. desktop,
- try to Open/Run several progs. MSWord, Adobe,etc.. and Start> My Computer > C: Right>Explore
} CHECK IF .. all OK and Normal pages Open and function
}Note: ONLY NOW.. Reconnect the modem and ...again Reboot the computer
-When back to Normal Windows, can right click the dual monitor icons next to time display
to check the Status/Enable your Web connection, If needed.
- See if this 3 step process gets you a clean, faster and normal Win. computer
- hopefully :biggrin1:

Last edited:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i WORK FOR A COMPUTER COMPANY, AND OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE BEEN PLAGUED WITH mALWARE AND SPYWARE. We have been successful in cleaning their systems with :

1) SuperAntiSpyware - download and run FREE version.
2) XoftSpySE

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i WORK FOR A COMPUTER COMPANY, AND OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE BEEN PLAGUED WITH mALWARE AND SPYWARE. We have been successful in cleaning their systems with :

1) SuperAntiSpyware - download and run FREE version.
2) XoftSpySE
That's Good to HEAR- as never had used SuperAntiSpy..
It just sounded like others were having problems quoted below-
but the more experience the better--
Likewise my "-The very first thing Help sites advise" was per their forums:
(techguys.org and bleepingcomputer.com ) - Get Malwarebytes -
This came from direct experience with 3 Win. computers, since the rash
of Malw./Spyware infections began dating back to Fall 2008.
All in All.. its safe to say members should benefit from all thread inputs.

Last edited:

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This thread has been extremely informative - thanks, guys! Should a Windows user have the following installed on their computer right now and run on a regular basis?

Spybot, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes

Currently, I have Norton Antivirus Version 15.5, and run it every night. Which of the recommended programs should I load onto my computer to PREVENT getting spyware (or, at least, remove it before it damages my computer files)?

Thanks!

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread has been extremely informative - thanks, guys! Should a Windows user have the following installed on their computer right now and run on a regular basis?

Spybot, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes

Currently, I have Norton Antivirus Version 15.5, and run it every night. Which of the recommended programs should I load onto my computer to PREVENT getting spyware (or, at least, remove it before it damages my computer files)?

Thanks!
Suggest based on the recent inputs here:
1. Malwarebytes- I run 2-3/mo. + anytime HD hot running/slowdowns
2. SuperAntispyware sounds good- maybe run as suspects arise
3. Spybot- I have installed, but use least-mainly for its utilities
? Win. Defender- maybe overkill-can check forums @ 2 sites~ #67
(Also advise- run Disk Cleanup tool first + disconnect modem noted)

You should be good with a NAV if getting Virus Defins.(Live Updt.)
-when you tire of paying for Subsriptions,I have link for free Updates-
And Your Welcome .. being one of the few who gave THX
PS- It was your "then it's there again the next time you scan. How to fix.." which spurred my repost of info in #67.. PM if other help??
..as now must move on with a signoff here

Last edited:

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks, all! Has NYC's Windows issue been resolved?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I get by using:- avg free edition, windows defender, zonealarm and advancedsystemcare3 (free version)

I have had no problem removing spyware etc with the latter and it worked too with the only malware i have ever had (which sounds pretty similiar to the OP's problem) although i caught my virus when an AVG FAKE update appeared as a pop-up on my desktop offline....i clicked it as it looked genuine with VERY similiar AVG logo etc and then that was when the problems started, my comp kept shutting itself down....was very annoying, system restore didnt help but my advancedsystemcare3 did....i recommend it for its free tools and even has softwareinformer in it so you can update your apps etc itys neat....i'll buy the complete version when i can afford for its extra benefits

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks, all! Has NYC's Windows issue been resolved?

Yes it actually was after I updated that patch I mentioned. The whole problem stopped at once. MAN was that annoying and frustrating. Esp since it was the first day of my vaca and I wasted the whole day doing everything everyone told me to do to no avail. That little thing worked tho!