Winking in real life

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by las000005, Mar 1, 2009.

1. las000005

las000005 New Member

I have noticed that once in a while that women will just randomly wink at me. I don't know what to make of this. How often does this happen to other guys and girls?

2. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

so does my cat, but I don't think it means anything.

3. red7.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Something randomly in their eyes.

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

A wink rarely means what most men and women think it means. More often it's a private signal to a stranger (or friend) that you are on the same wave length regarding the behavior of others around you or a particular amusing incident.

Example: Yesterday on the subway a street kid was working the tired commuters for change by doing her best to juggle four balls in the air. In another month or two, she'll most likely have mastered this particular skill. Always a supporter of the fine arts, I dug deep into my cargo pants exploring for some change but could only find one Peso. A complete stranger, a woman, noticed the difficulty I was having trying to ascertain by touch which were the smallest coins I had. She smiled. I winked back and produced a Peso. The woman rolled her eyes, indicating that one Peso was far too much for such a bad street performance on the subway, but winked back approvingly when I tossed the coin into the little girl's outstretched hat. That was it. No sexual communication was involved with our winks.

Then again, if you're looking for strange meat at a cruise bar and some bimbo winks hard in your direction indicating that she's interested, you may very well end up with a quick hook up who most likely will blow chunks all over you.

Just saying.

5. las000005

las000005 New Member

Midlifebear, I agree with what you said. It is just that sometimes I could be standing on the street and a woman I know a little will just walk by and wink. No shared secret really. I think it is kinda hot.

Draft saved Draft deleted