Winnipeg

davin_1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hello to all! I am possibly moving to Winnipeg, CA in August/September for work and I just wondered what it is like there.....cost of living, entertainment, cuisine etc....is anyone on here from Winnipeg who could possibly fill me in? :smile:

cowboyfireman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
COLD COLD COLD...why in God's name would any company subject it's employees to Winterpeg? If you enjoy the company of drunk indians, huge mosquitos and frostbite have at it, otherwise I'd say you'd be better off changing jobs.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Davin, I have just been offered a job in Manitoba, too. It is cold as hell there (I was there interviewing in March), but it did not seem to be that bad. It actually reminds me of my hometown. Have you visited the area?

As for cowboyfireman's comment on drunken Indians... seems to me that there are just as many drunken White's, Scots, Irish and whatever as there are Indians (yeah, I am an "Indian").

davin_1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I figured it might be cold! But that doesn't bother me too much...I am more interested in how it is as a place to live in terms of people, culture, lifestyle etc....but thanks for your replies. I don't like Mosquitos!!!!

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
When I was there in March I liked it. It is a rural area but the people all seemed to be very friendly. It does not cost a lot to live there. However, with the increasing of mining, I would suspect things will change the economy there drastically within the next couple of years.

I was not there long enough to get a real feel of the culture; the population is quiet diverse. The area is quite rural, especially if you are use to living in a much larger metro area. However, it is peaceful - that is a benefit.

I don't know about the mosquitos either. I did hear there is a period of time (like a month) where it is infested. Afterwards, it is not as bad.

One more thing about the weather... they have all 4 seasons, which is another benefit. The winters can be harsh, but from what I have been told, the summers are beautiful and the climate is idea!

Congrats and best of luck in your search for more information.

davin_1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
thanx for that Avguy...I have been looking it up on the net and it sounds like a nice place!