Wipe Out Global Warming: Sheryl Crow Proposes Limits On Toilet Paper

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The global warming hype, and whether it's true or not.. IT IS HYYYYYYPE,... is getting ri-god-damn-dic-u-lous. This goes in my cache, along with Bulgarian alpine hookers complaining about a slow ski season, doctrine to replace all chickens with ducks (ducks will swim out a marine catastrophe/Katrina... chickens will down), much less rich Democrats with 14,000 sq ft complexes lambasting the average joe on the SUV they drive.

Talk about bed-wetting.

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required."

Saving the Earth: The Biodiesel Bus Blog - washingtonpost.com

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If only they were joking.

It's just figures that in a nation founded by Puritans that the framers of next great religion are determined to protect the virginity of trees.

Entertainers. :tongue:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm doing more about global warming than anyone on lpsg. I don't have a single incandescent light bulb in my house and I ride my bike around town unless I have to carry something bulky or heavy.

People give a lot of lip service as the OP states.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I don't object to a serious scientific discussion on global warming. I do object to making it so political. There is no need for ALL Republicans to take one side and ALL Democrats taking the other side.

There is scientific evidence that the earth is heating up. There is scientific evidence that humans may and I stress may be significantly helping this trend. Each and everything we do does have some effect on the earth. I would be a fool to state otherwise.

No one can state with concrete facts just how much human activity has affected climate. To do that we would have to have two identical earths, one with humans just like the earth is now and another earth without any humans. Then track over 30 years or so the differences. Then we would have provable data.

As it is we have scientific theories. I fall in the group that says let's conserve within reason. Let's not let giant corporations rape the earth for their profits and not consider what they have done to the landscape and the atmosphere etc.

The website referenced is very academic. One would have to be quite versed in all of this to really comprehend what it is saying. I for one haven't done that kind of research.

I'm glad that scientists are studying it. And politicians need to carefully review the scientific studies and not make a complete political football out of it.

I will say that I'm sure toilet paper has some effect on the environment. We do use a lot of it. I suppose we could ration it. I can see the black market in toilet paper coming from Mexico. Paper mafia, prisons full of paper dealers. Yeah maybe we should just make toilet paper illegal. Our consumption of it would rise dramatically. Stores could put up signs saying we are a toilet paper free store. We could have two sets of restrooms, one set with toilet paper and one set without. We could really do a lot with toilet paper. Our next presidential election could be about whether the candidates would nominate judges against toilet paper or judges that are pro choice in toilet paper. The Republicans could be pro choice toilet paper and the Democrats could be anti toilet paper.

We really do need to get serious about toilet paper. Our nation's future depends on this.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Surely any benefit gained from legally limiting usage of toilet paper will be outweighed by the need to employ toilet paper police to check that usage limits aren't infringed, or that people aren't sneakily using kitchen roll or tissues.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm doing more about global warming than anyone on lpsg. I don't have a single incandescent light bulb in my house and I ride my bike around town unless I have to carry something bulky or heavy.

I don't even have a house and I walk every day to work. It took fewer carbon units to make my shoes than your bike. Suck on that, bitch.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, there is a lot of hype going on concerning global warming, and perhaps if there's enough of it, we'll just scrap our efforts altogether. In the political realm, that's what the repubs would have you feel is best. If they make enough strawman arguments about the imperfections of theories, then the more subsatntial ones will be easier to dismiss as well.

I'm with Freddie- I lack the education in the field to understand the scientific discussions much beyond a basic level, but I do understand that there is still much that is not "consensus". Still, we have to understand what a consensus is- it is NOT a complete agreement among ALL human beings on a given subject. In a dream world, it would be an agreement of the majority of "experts" in a given field, but even then, what qualifies as an expert may differ from country to country, quality of education may differ, availability and funding for research may differ, and the personal view of each expert may affect their findings. What one person sees as obvious, the next may feel is still very much up for debate, even scientifically.

What we seem to have a consensus on in the scientific community is that the Earth IS warming, and that humans do play some part. What to do about it will be debated vehemently, as these options will affect individuals at some very basic levels, and people are loathe to change, whatever the reasons or motivations. Add to that the political implications, and most people will simply believe whatever their party decrees. Lastly, but probably most importantly, it's about money. It's fine to have ideals in the abstract, but when it affects the bottom lines of corporations, governments, nations, negotiations and world standing, you bet you sweet ass it's going to be a brutal fight.

Of course, the most important fact for individuals is that it will affect their personal cash flow, most Americans will be seriously impacted by increased utility costs, and I sincerely doubt that if the government assits in any way for the recommended changeovers that much of the money will do what it always does- disappear.

This administration, by its track record has demonstrated the abilities to rush forward on faulty info, lose billions of dollars and offer no better answers than "Duh?", put trust into unqualified cronies and congratulate them for their failures, push forward a peculiar agenda which has had devastating implications on our education system, armed services, and world standing to name a few. They've also built at taxpayer's expense a Iraqi police academy that was condemned by the health department for sewage spilling out on the recruits and mold and basic heath violations throughout. We've discovered that many of the reports coming from various aggencies such as the EPA have been doctored to fit what the administration wanted them to say, and yesterday I heard on abc news that the FDA was aware of the contaminations of both the spinach and peanut butter before the illnesses were reported.:mad:

It's a shit sandwich through and through. For this reason, I am interested in doing very little that involves the government until we get a set of fresh faces. What I can do I will do at home, but I wouldn't trust anything this potentially important being placed into the hands of a group of people who have clearly demonstrated their desire and ability to bilk us dry even in times of tragedy.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media

(bold added)

You mean you don't always take your dick with you?

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yeah Zora.

I guess we'll have to wait for Democrats. Under them , the FDA never fucks up, no cronies are ever hired and all Government programs work like clockwork. Every agency is allowed to say whatever they want even if it contradicts the Administration.

{ tick ...tick...tick..waiting for the obligatory " I don't like Democrtas either". }

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, this sounds pretty ludicrous, but it's made me think of something I haven't in a long time:

Why are we still using TP at all? Hasn't most of the civilized world been using bidets for quite some time now?

Yeah Zora.

I guess we'll have to wait for Democrats. Under them , the FDA never fucks up, no cronies are ever hired and all Government programs work like clockwork. Every agency is allowed to say whatever they want even if it contradicts the Administration.

{ tick ...tick...tick..waiting for the obligatory " I don't like Democrtas either". }

How about you try not being a predictable cockstain for a change?

If there's more clear cut evidence that your posts are intended purely to stir up shit than announcing your expectation of an "obligatory" response, then I can't imagine what that might be.

At no place in Zora's response did she mention any political party, nor did she ascribe anything regarding the status quo to any party. She said a set of fresh faces, and made reference to this administration, which has done a bang-up job of thoroughly pissing off a majority of Americans on all sides of political divides.

YOU are the one inserting the artificial dichotomy here, not her. Knock it off, already...it's beyond tiresome at this point.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't even have a house and I walk every day to work. It took fewer carbon units to make my shoes than your bike. Suck on that, bitch.
No lights either. I know you're being facetious.

Did I mention the tankless gas water heater I installed last year and my high efficiency/low water use washer and dishwasher? Does Cheryl Crow have that?

The earth has been warming and cooling itself for eons before we came around. I find it ludicrous that because we now number 6 billion people that we can't have global warming and cooling cycles anymore. Sea level was three or four hundred feet lower than it is now only 10,000 years ago. Eons for people and eons for the earth are widely disparate quantities of time.

'Course we may set the butterfly effect in motion. We'll all be long dead before we know. The earth will always be here and life will always be here, at least until the sun goes supernova.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It seems the two little ditzbrained gadflies were challenged by a reporter a < SHOCK ! SURPRISE! > didn't come across too well!

CNBC Anchor Challenges Sheryl Crow and Laurie David Over Global Warming Alarmism | NewsBusters.org

Wow..... at least you picked a reputable news source to reference. That story was laced with so much spin that I'm still dizzy from the read. Regardless......anytime Hollywood types, singers, or athletes start parroting in on political or scientific issues, they generally sound like bimbos, regardless of which party they shill for. Sheryl Crow as a global warming advocate is about as meaningful as Toby Keith as war supporter. Having years of training in a scientific field gives a person the depth of knowledge to weather large crowds, naysayers, and journalists.......reading the pamphlet and then jumping onstage with opinions just makes you look simple......Democrat or Republican.